TLK 4: War of Kings

Re: TLK 4: War of Kings

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 18th, 2012, 5:17 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! 8-) :) :D
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Can YOU feel the love tonight?

Nickname(s): Lion(no joke)
Pride Points: 9

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » August 18th, 2012, 5:19 am

Intteresting story
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby fox_fighter99 » August 19th, 2012, 6:26 pm

New chapter up for those that are reading my story. Hope you enjoy it now that my writers block is gone more chapters will be coming when I can work on them between work. :D

Chapter 4: Shining Mwanga kupitia Clouds Black (Shining Light through Black Clouds)

Zira snarled as she went over to little Kovu picking him up in her jaws ordering Vitani and Nuka to follow her. Simba watched as she walked from the pride a few lionesses following her believing that Simba had acted harshly before finding out what really happened. He had a feeling in the pit of his stomach that this wouldn’t be the last time that he would see Zira but for now he was focused on taking care of Nala and Kiara. Nala had taken Kopa’s death the hardest since she was the one that found him in the first place since she left him in the plains she had been holed up in the cave and wasn’t speaking to anyone. Simba slowly walked into the den hearing Nala’s sobs as he lay next to her nuzzling her trying to calm her down.
“Simba why did Kopa have to die? What did our little boy do to deserve what Zira did to him?” Nala cried into his mane. He wanted to give her an answer that would help but he knew that nothing he could say would make it better. Simba held Nala close as he let his own tears flow from his eyes along with hers letting all of their grief out until a low meow was heard. They both looked to Kiara as she stumbled towards them Nala puling her close.

“You will have to do what your brother couldn’t Kiara, I’ll make sure that nothing bad happens to you.” Simba gave his daughter a lick, the promise was not only for Nala and himself but for Kopa whom he knew would’ve been very protective of her. Simba placed his paws over Nala’s as they held Kiara close to them knowing that there was still hope for the pride.

Nala started to tear up more when she looked at Kiara “Simba she will be a great queen but we can’t forget Kopa I don’t want to completely lose my little boy.”

“We won’t forget him Nala but we have to move on. One thing we can do is make sure we don’t make the same mistakes with Kiara.” Simba smiled at his daughter along with Nala, a new day would dawn on the pride lands soon but now was time to let grief flow as a rain storm headed in like the heavens crying.

Zira walked into one of the caves and place Kovu down on the ground and curled up around him letting him fall asleep. She hated this place it was dry as a bone and desolate only giving a home to fleas and termites. She hadn’t said anything to the other lionesses or her cubs both of them wondering what was going on and why they had left the Pride Lands. Vitani and Nuka looked around in the cave not sure what to think about what was supposed to be their new home it was dark and didn’t let a lot of light in but they knew it was something at least “Momma why are we here and why was King Simba so mad at you and why wasn’t Kopa with them?” Vitani asked. Nuka looked at his little sister and began to wonder the same thing, he never really liked Kopa to much but he knew he never left his father’s side in a matter concerning the pride since he was to become king.

Zira looked away from her kids and let a grin show her plan might still work if she played her cards right with her kids, especially Kovu. Looking back with an angry face, “Kopa was killed this morning and Simba blamed me for his foolish mistake by not watching his cub.” Zira could see the tears start to show on Vitani’s eyes. She denied it she didn’t want to believe that her love was dead telling her mother that she was wrong and it was a lie. Nuka couldn’t believe what he was hearing either even though he never really liked Kopa he always accepted him and considered him a friend, but he also couldn’t get over the fact that Simba had blamed his mother. Nuka watched as Vitani ran past him crying and curled up in a ball in the corner of the cave her anguish obvious in her whines and screams. Zira stood up walking over to her daughter and slapping her a look of shock on Vitani’s face “Take that pain and direct it towards Simba and everyone at Pride Rock for doing this to us.” Zira grinned as she saw Vitani dig her claws into the dirt.
“I’ll make all of them pay for what they did mother.” Vitani growled.

Kopa slowly opened his eyes, his vision was still very blurry looking around slowly he could tell he was in some kind of cave. The cave was lit nicely by the morning sun but the warm feeling was cut short when he tried to move crying in pain. His body ached and burned shutting his eyes tightly fighting the pain when he started to hear footsteps looking up to see a golden brown lion cub with black on his paws tail and on the tuft of fur on his head. Neither of them said anything they just stared at each other not sure what to do until the cub ran out calling for his mother. He came back with a golden brown lioness her fur glowed in the sunlight as she looked at him with her bright blue eyes.

“Well now you had me quite worried little one, I wasn’t sure if you were going to make it or not.” Her voice was soft and gentle making Kopa feel safe for some reason. She laid down next to him and it was only then did he notice the large leaves and fluff wrapped on him. The lioness pulled a few back to see that his wounds had started to heal nicely and pulled the rest off as the shaman instructed her. Kopa grimaced in pain feeling the air hit his wounds before he tried to stand up “No little one you shouldn’t try moving around yet.” The lioness begged. Kopa was determined to stand up and walk around although he was in a great deal of pain he knew he would be worse off not moving again. He stood up shakily his legs shook and his stomach growled taking a few steps before falling down, the lioness getting up in fear but was surprised when he started to get back up. She looked and saw the piece of meat they had saved for him as he made his way to it and started to devour the food leaving only the bones in a matter of minutes. The lioness walked over and sat down “Well little one do you have a name?” she questioned seeing a look of satisfaction from the food.

“I…I’m Kopa. Who are you and where am I?” the lionesses tail twitched at his name, Kopa felt his legs give out and slumped to the floor of the cave hearing the lioness chuckle.

“My name is Shema little and this is my son Toko, and you are in the Burning Plains.” Shema felt the hot wind blow into the cave and sighed knowing that whoever gave this place the name was spot on. Shema picked Kopa up gently minding his wounds and took him to a pool of water that was part of an underground water source that ran into the cave letting him get some water into him. Shema watched as he drank the water “Do you remember what happened to you Kopa or where you’re from?” she watched as he gasped for air after drinking so much water.

Kopa shook his head back and forth “All I remember is waking up here with Toko everything else is a blank and it makes my head hurt.” He didn’t know what to think of it he didn’t even remember how he had gotten his wounds. He felt Shema lick his face and hold him close to her; he had felt this kind of feeling before it was something warm and comforting that made him feel safe but it was short lived when he heard someone calling Shema from outside. Kopa looked and saw a large black lion with a crimson red mane who he assumed was the king of the pride he was with.

“Well Shema what do you know about him?” Chuki questioned as they started to walk away from the cave.

“He doesn’t remember anything except that his name is Kopa. You were right about him being Simba’s son.” Shema watched as her mate growled and demanded that she let him kill him. Shema stood her ground on the subject not wanting to see innocent blood spilled out of worry that he might run to inform someone. “Chuki he doesn’t even remember what happened to give him those wounds, whatever it was must have been so traumatic he blocked everything from his memory all he knows is who he is.” Shema growled back at Chuki hoping he would reconsider.

“Fine he can stay with us but if his memories return Shema I will kill him.” Chuki growled before walking away letting Shema return to the cave.

Shema curled up around Kopa listening to the two boys laugh and get to know each other better and smiled at both of them “Well Kopa it’s official you’re staying with us so you’re now my new son which means that you now have a brother Toko.” Shema watched Toko jump for joy. Looking down at Kopa he had fallen asleep laying against her knowing that Simba and Nala were both unaware that their son was alive.
Last edited by fox_fighter99 on August 25th, 2012, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please go here and read my Lion King Fan Fiction and comment love to get feedback from others.
http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23923
fox_fighter99
A Knight of the 4 Paws.

I am both the sword and shield for King Kopa.

Nickname(s): HotRibz
Pride Points: 3

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 20th, 2012, 4:44 am

This story is really gettin AWESOME!!!!!!!! 8-) :D :)
I love how Kopa forgot everything!
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Postby fox_fighter99 » August 25th, 2012, 6:05 am

ok sorry for taking so long to get the next chapter up but it's here decided to do something different with the titles all current titles are now updated.

Chapter 5: Vifungo ya Brothers (Bonds of Brothers)

Kopa stretched his paws out before rolling onto his feet walking out of the cave seeing the lush grass that covered the area. The prides home was an oasis that sat at the center of the Burning Plains the underground waterways were what kept this place so lush and vibrant. The morning sun was warm on his face it had already been a week since he was brought here and his wounds had healed very well, thanks to the shaman the only way to see his scars would be if you put your face right on them. The sound of birds chirping made his ears twitch being the first lion awake had its advantages; he got to see the real beauty of this place before the days routine. They had heard of a great treasure that was hidden in the plains in one of the lioness’s stories and decided to try and find it. Kopa looked back to see Toko walking out of the cave yawning and still trying to get his senses. Kopa laughed seeing his brother so sleepy “Come on Toko you never seem to be awake even after you get up. If we’re going to go look for this treasure we need to be alert.” Toko glared at him grumbling in disgust not understanding how Kopa could get up so early and have all of his energy, his ears perking up when he mentioned the treasure.

Toko quickly shook his head “You’re right Kopa let’s get going.” He smiled both of them heading towards the edge of the oasis. Taking their steps into the hot sun and heading into the scorched earth trying to find the great treasure that lay somewhere in the Burning Plains. Kopa looked around as they walked and realized that whoever named this place the Burning Plains got it right. The ground was severely dried and cracked some parts giving way and falling into large underground caves, other parts burned the feet of all who walked on them and the blazing sun didn’t help much either. Only after just an hour of walking both of them were dying to get out of the sun seeing a tall lone tree that was surviving in the middle of this wasteland. Taking shelter under the shade of the tree panting trying to cool off, looking around watching other animals wandering trying to find water.

“I can’t believe you talked me into this treasure hunt Toko.” Kopa grumbled, the tree began to rustle and looking up they saw a leopard slowly making her way down from the tree. Landing in front of them was a golden leopard, with her black spots all over her body her sapphire eyes staring at both of them. She made circles around them studying them closely and licking her lips, her tail swaying from side to side “Well now I was going to go out hunting but I never thought my breakfast would just walk right to me.” She chuckled continuing to circle Kopa and Toko.

“Well uh…we don’t see any animals that could be your breakfast.” Toko stated cheekily.

“Oh? But I’m looking at my meal for the morning right now even though they might be a little small they’ll still be a good meal.” The leopard hissed, while Kopa swallowed a lump in his throat. The leopard stopped and looked at them baring her claws and teeth she lunged, both cubs moved out of the way just in time but Kopa struck back his small claws scratching her. The leopard howled in anguish rearing back giving Kopa and Toko enough time to start running “Nice I think you succeeded in making her angry!” Toko yelled looking back seeing the leopard closing in on them. Running as fast as they could the land turning bumpy, uneven small caves passing them as they dodged each of the leopard’s strikes. It wasn’t long though until they found themselves cornered up against a rock face the ground so dry it was cracking under just their combined weight. They watched as the leopard got closer and closer her mouth drooling with hunger, it was obvious that she hadn’t eaten in days and was very desperate for a meal. Kopa looked down and could feel a cool breeze hitting his fur and looked at Toko “Hey I’ve got an idea Toko.” Kopa smiled.

“No way your last idea only made her angrier, what would make this idea any better?” Toko glanced back between Kopa and the advancing leopard.

“Come on Toko we’re brothers so please just trust me on this and jump with me.” Kopa pleaded knowing that there wasn’t anything else either of them could do to get away. He looked at Kopa and gave a sigh and jumped when he yelled to hitting the dry ground and hearing it crack as it gave way. Both of them yelled as they fell into a tunnel sliding down more and more before being shot out into a puddle of water at the end. Getting up and shaking their fur dry they could see in the cave other small holes let light in and illuminated the large cavern “Whoaaa….” Toko was cut short when he felt Kopa’s paw stuffed in his mouth. Kopa nudged his head up letting his brother look up seeing thousands of stalactites hanging from the ceiling. Toko’s eyes widened seeing this if he was any louder he probably would’ve brought the whole place down, he looked at Kopa who had now saved both of them twice, Kopa giving Toko a quiet hush before they started moving. The cave was a good size the light shined off of the water illuminating everything in the cave; they knew that this had to be one of the many underground waterways during the rainy season. Out of the corner or Toko’s eye he caught something resting against the wall of the cave motioning Kopa to take a closer look with him. Sitting up against the cave wall was a red rock that shinned brightly in the light casting its light around the cave. Walking closer their eyes lit up with excitement having just found the treasure that they were looking for, but their excitement was cut short hearing some rocks crumbling as the leopard slid down one of the holes.

“Well…well thought that you could escape me did you my tasty breakfast?” the leopard chuckled licking her lips walking closer and closer. The cubs stood their ground and let out their roars making the leopard laugh “You call that a roar you pathetic little brats I’ll show you a roar.” With that said she let out a roar letting her voice echo throughout the cave, rocks started crumbling and falling from above. The leopard looking up as a stalactite fell right between them, Kopa grabbing the gem in his mouth and started running with Toko heading toward the light that they could see in the distance. The leopard gave chase rocks falling all around them Toko and Kopa having the edge in dodging the stalactites the leopard taking a few hits but not slowing her down. The exit got closer and closer hearing a loud growl Kopa looking back seeing the leopard on the ground wounded badly not able to move, Kopa suddenly tripped on a rock falling down just at the exit the gem sliding on the ground. Kopa looked up seeing a large number of rocks were falling right over the gem quickly, he got up quickly grabbing the gem in the process and getting out of the way just before the stalactites hit.

“YEAH!!! I can’t believe we beat out a leopard that was so cool Kopa!” Toko jumped as they ran back towards home. Once they got home they were greeted by an obviously mad Shema glaring at both of them seeing the gem in Kopa’s mouth.

“I can’t believe the two of you went off on your own just to get that thing do you know how worried I was about you both.” Shema stood there and continued to scold both of them as they lowered their heads in shame. Chuki walked up hearing Shema’s scolding seeing that Kopa had the gem in his mouth dropping it letting Chuki look at it.

“Very good Toko I’ve been wondering if this was real there may be hope for you yet as king.” Chuki stared at his son picking up the red gem with his tail.

“What about me Chuki it was both of us not just Toko.” Kopa looked at him hoping to get the same praise.
“Don’t believe you’re something special. You will be nothing more than a little worm in my pride so get out of my sight now.” Chuki growled watching Kopa hide behind Shema before walking away. Once Chuki had left Shema praised both of them for taking care of each other, Kopa was glad but what Chuki had said was eating at him and no doubt it wouldn’t be the last time he would hear it.
Please go here and read my Lion King Fan Fiction and comment love to get feedback from others.
fox_fighter99
A Knight of the 4 Paws.

Postby Chakatheprince » September 1st, 2012, 9:36 pm

Wow............ your awesome!
THIS
IS
SPARTA!!!
Nah, it's just Chaka. :3 My name is Chaka. Im a brown cub with a kopa-like tuft. I have very cold blue eyes and sharp talon-like claws- so look out! >: D I personally LOVE TLK and Warrior Cats.
Chakatheprince
I can roar.

Nah, I can't.

Pride Points: 1

Postby Tacobell Lion » September 4th, 2012, 11:51 pm

Epic ness. Story is getting awesome!
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Postby fox_fighter99 » September 4th, 2012, 11:55 pm

Ok sorry to everyone that has been reading my story and thank you ssoooo much for the comments it makes me happy when people enjoy reading what I've written so please keep the comments flowing :D but for now here is the next chapter of my story and gues what it's a cliff hanger chapter so part 2 will be up when I get the chance to keep writing.

Chapter 6: Upweke Mioyo Part 1 (A Hearts Loneliness)

The sun rose over the parched landscape of the Burning Plains the light shining into the cave and hitting Kopa’s face waking him up. Letting a yawn escape as he looked back deeper into the cave seeing the rest of the pride huddled together for the cool night leaving him by himself. Kopa slowly stepped into the morning sun his brown mane was coming in quite well the tuff of his mane was now running down the back of his neck and on the backs of his legs. Now that he was older Chuki had started making him sleep alone since he wasn’t truly one of the pride, it didn’t bother Kopa he just wondered how a leader of a pride could be so heartless. Kopa took it upon himself to get in his daily hunt searching out the same rabbit he had been tracking the last couple of days, quickly finding the scent and the rabbit he crouched into striking position when he heard a twig snap. Quickly turning his head back he saw Toko standing behind him with a smile, Kopa looked back to see the rabbit hopping away and he quickly gave chase the rabbit running out into the dry plains, Kopa trying to keep up with it getting right on its tail but not paying attention as the rabbit darted into a bolt hole in a bush sending Kopa tumbling into the thorny bush. Kopa slowly got out of the bush walking very lightly “Ow…ow oh I can’t believe I fell for that trick again.” He groaned plucking a few thorns from his skin and tail.

“Well Toko you told me you had a brother but you never told me how funny and handsome he was.” A young teen lioness spoke following Toko’s laughter. Her fur was a tan with her cream colored belly and paws her emerald eyes gleamed in the sunlight and her smile was very intoxicating. Kopa glared at Toko while he laughed and rolled on the ground tears coming to his eyes.

“I’m sorry Kopa but that was too funny…..oh sorry Kopa this is Nalia, Nalia this is my brother Kopa.” Toko slowly got to his feet and extended his right paw.

Kopa smiled and bowed to the girl “It’s a pleasure to meet you, why haven’t I seen you in the pride before I would’ve liked to have met you sooner.”

Nalia chuckled hearing Kopa’s comment “Well I got sick a lot when I was a cub so my mother never let me go out much she usually kept me in the back of the den.” Staring at Kopa both of them lost in each other’s eyes. Toko looked back and forth at them and sighed walking away before looking back at Kopa and laughing.

Kopa couldn’t understand what it was about this girl; she was unlike any other lion in the pride when she was around him. Most of the other lion cubs and teens wouldn’t say anything to him or harass him telling him he should just leave and never come back. It didn’t make any sense to him as to why a girl he’d never met before was being so nice to him, but what troubled him the most was that he actually liked Nalia for only just meeting her. Kopa and Nalia spent most of the day getting to know each other Kopa learning that Toko had made him sound a lot cooler than he was which he wasn’t too pleased with but if Nalia was interested in him that’s all that mattered to Kopa right now. Nalia and Kopa walked through the oasis together going through the thick shrubs and jungle getting to know each other, neither of them was seen until late in the evening. Toko had stayed out waiting for his brother to come home wondering himself if he too would one day meet the right girl for him. His thoughts were cut short when he saw Kopa and Nalia walking back to the den together laughing in unison having a good time being in each other’s company.

Toko watched as his brother waved bye to Nalia watching her walk away “Well Kopa how did it go?” Toko questioned looking at his brother wanting to know all of the details.

“It was fun Toko we had a great time. She said she’s got a few things left to do before it gets dark but she said she’d be back before too long.” Kopa laughed. He began to tell Toko of the evening’s events as they walked back into the den for the night laughing and pushing each other like brothers would.

Nalia watched from the bushes until she was certain that the two of them had gone inside the den for the night. She skulked away and through the river until she came to a small cave underneath a large waterfall, she looked around making sure that she wasn’t followed before entering the cave. It was dark inside but the flowers that bloomed inside illuminated the cave enough for her to see where to go. Heading deeper into the cave, until she could see a large dark figure standing in the shadows of glowing flowers. Nalia looked around she was nervous only one other time had she been to this cave and met the same lion and that was to get her mission.

“I…I…I’m hear sir reporting in like you told me to.” Nalia stuttered trying to keep her composure. Her legs shivered as she watched the lion come into the dim lighting seeing Chuki standing before her.

“Good Nalia did you complete your task like I told you to?” Chuki questioned his voice low, as it echoed through the cave.

“N…no your Majesty I needed to gain his trust first and then finish him like you want.” Nalia stood still as Chuki walked around her glaring and studying her waiting for her to make a move. “Tomorrow I’m meeting him at the top of the waterfall and that’s where I’ll kill him.” Nalia kept her gaze straight not even making eye contact with Chuki now until he stopped, giving her a nod of approval he left the cave letting Nalia breathe a sigh of relief for the night and think of how she was going to kill Kopa tomorrow.

The next morning came quickly for Kopa waking up early the sun blinding him a bit before slowly walking out of the den stretching out. He could feel his heart beating fast wondering what he would say to Nalia and how things would go between them both while they spent the day together. Kopa headed off towards the waterfall making it there early enough and long before Nalia would so that he would have plenty of time to think about what to say to her. Looking out over the edge of the cliff he could see the entire oasis in all its beauty watching as the animals that lived in this paradise flourished. Kopa let a smile form watching the scene in front of him but soon felt a throbbing in his head he saw the heat and could see a lush savanna and a large rock formation in the distance. He could see a blurred image of a male lion with a red mane and his female standing atop the rock formation nuzzling each other. Kopa scoffed and tried to shake it away but when he looked again he could see himself when he was a cub with the two lion watching the cub playing with who was most likely his father. Kopa’s eyes started to get heavy when he decided to lie down; he watched the cub play with his parents getting a warm feeling in his heart watching as the cub motioned for him until his eyes shut. Kopa woke up with speed when his nightmares became too much for him to handle, panting heavily trying to collect himself when he looked behind him to see Nalia “How long have you been there Nalia?” he questioned.

“Not long I only just got here when I saw you sleeping.” She smiled hiding her claws in the dirt waiting for the moment to strike him down. She was surprised to see him turn her back to her and continue to stare out into the vastness of the oasis and the rest of the Burning Plains, she decided to take her chance now and slowly started walking towards Kopa.

“Nalia…if you could have one wish in the world, what would it be?” Kopa’s question had stunned her completely unable to answer.
fox_fighter99
A Knight of the 4 Paws.

Postby Tacobell Lion » September 5th, 2012, 3:12 am

Damn! Nalia has it comin!!! This is awesome! Big cliffhanger!
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Postby fox_fighter99 » September 9th, 2012, 3:38 am

Ok here it is all you loyal readers Part 2 of A Hearts Loneliness. We finally find out what happens with Nalia and things start to come back to Kopa will he get his memory back and how long will it take him? :D

Chapter 7: Upweke Mioyo Part 2 (A Hearts Loneliness)

Nalia had just been blindsided by the question Kopa had just asked she wasn’t sure what to say or do whether what he had just asked her was genuine or if he had somehow figured out what she was there to do. All she knew right now was that she had to at least keep him distracted long enough to get closer so she could push him off the edge. Nalia chuckled “Kopa there are so many things that I wish for I can’t just choose one of them they all are equally important.” She slowly started to walk closer her claws extended now only a few more feet separating them before she stopped in her tracks again. She noticed that he hadn’t even bothered to turn around yet it was like he was transfixed on something in the distance. Nalia let her claws retract there was something definitely going on here but she couldn’t quite put her paw on it, she just sat there and waited until she notice his ears droop.

“My wish is clear to me Nalia and that’s……to be free.”

Nalia’s widened when she heard what Kopa had just said to her she didn’t think it was possible for him to have the same wish as she did. It was true that she was a prisoner of this place when Chuki saved her mother back when she was still pregnant with her and struck a deal with her mother. It was simple in exchange for saving her mother’s life the child that she was about to have would serve him in any way he would deem fit for the pride. Although her mother objected to the deal it was either that and be able to stay with the pride in safety or be left out in the plains to starve to death and loose the cub. Her mother obviously had to choose the choice to save her cub but Nalia didn’t understand what her part in the circle of life was if this was what she was supposed to do. Her mind quickly snapped back to reality still seeing Kopa sitting in front of her, she walked up and sat down next to him looking over at him she could see tears in his eyes “What do you mean Kopa you’re already free.” She giggled trying to cheer him up.

“Toko never told you that I’m not originally from this pride did he?”

“No he said that it would be better if I found out from you because it’s your life to let someone into.”

“I’m not really free Nalia I’m trapped here and I’m also trapped inside my dreams.” Kopa lowered his head letting some tears hit the lush grass. Nalia did her best to comfort him her mind draw to the fact that they were so similar in wanting to be free of this place. Kopa began to tell her about what he could remember when he woke up and found himself here in the Burning Plains recapping his life filled with both fun and sadness. Since he had come to this pride none of the other lionesses or cubs liked him they all scowled at him and picked on him, the only ones he could count on were Shema and Toko but that didn’t mean he wasn’t above defending himself. Nalia felt sorry for Kopa although she was sick most of the time she couldn’t imagine what it was like to have to deal with that kind of pain every day and even now he still wasn’t liked by a lot of the lionesses and Chuki obviously didn’t want him in the pride anymore. Nalia nuzzled up against Kopa trying to make him feel better she had developed genuine love for him and didn’t want to see him hurting like this anymore, but was surprised when Kopa turned and walked from her standing over a small pond next to the waterfall.

“I’m sorry Nalia but I can’t be what you want me to be for you.” Kopa stared down at the water hearing Nalia walk up next to him.

“What do you mean Kopa you don’t feel the same way I do?”

“It’s not that it’s just that I think I’m in love with someone from my home I remember making a promise to her but…” Kopa trailed off having a hard time remembering. “I remember someone telling me that we are only half of who we are and when we find the person we love they make us whole and see.” Kopa pointed into the water both of them only showing the left side of their faces in the water and Nalia chuckled.

“So you’re saying that we aren’t meant to be but this girl was your love.” Nalia let out a sigh and then smiled “Well if she’s anything like you I’m sure she’s waiting for you to come home, and don’t worry about me we can be best friends how’s that sound Kopa?” Giving Kopa a big cheesy grin before pushing him to the side.

Kopa started laughing as he rolled on the grass “I think I’d like that Nalia thank you.” He smiled Kopa was enjoying such a happy moment which hadn’t come very often here he began to think maybe things were finally starting to look up, it wasn’t long before they were headed back to the den when they saw Shema standing outside with some other lionesses.

“What’s going on Shema?” Nalia questioned.

“Chuki is holding a council with the hunting party. With the rainy season coming the lands will flourish and we will have to hunt farther out of our territory and we need ideas on what to do.”

“I want to be part of this Shema.” Kopa took a step forward meeting resistance from Shema.

“I can’t let you go in Kopa you know what he will do if he sees you there.”

“Then I won’t say anything I’ll just observe he can’t kick me out for that.” Kopa watched Shema dig her claws into the dirt thinking it over he had made a valid point now it was up to her.

“Very well but if anything goes wrong I’m getting you out of there understood.” Shema saw the look on Kopa’s face as he nodded in approval. Before heading in Shema made sure that Nalia stayed outside to wait and see how things would go. Upon entering the cave Kopa was greeted with a barrage of glares and evil looks, he could see Toko sitting next to his father. Toko had been doing a lot of tasks for his father lately getting only little time to spend with Kopa but the return was that he was getting his father’s attention and praise now. Shema sat down at the opposite side of the den with Kopa next to her until Chuki finally caught wind of what was happening.

“What is he doing here Shema?!” Chuki growled standing up wondering how he could’ve still been alive but then realizing that Nalia had failed again.

“He just wants to observe nothing more he promised he wouldn’t even make a sound.”

Chuki glared at Kopa knowing he would deal with him and Nalia later “Is that true boy?” he watched as Kopa simply nodded, he was surprised that Kopa had more smarts than he thought had he said anything Chuki was prepared to force him out. Chuki sat back down, Toko was nervously awaiting an answer from his father “Fine he can stay.” Toko breathed in relief as the discussion got under way. The council was nothing but boring talk about what to do when the rain started nothing of real interest until it got to the food situation. Chuki looked around at the hunting party “Well does anyone have any suggestions as to what we should do about the food shortage we are bound to have?” he looked around until one of the lionesses spoke up.

“Our only option as it stands is to hunt the other prides.”

Kopa’s eyes widened when he heard the plan to help pride survive he couldn’t believe that this was there only option. Kopa stood up he had to take a stand on this “YOU CAN’T DO THAT IT ISN’T RIGHT!” Kopa watched as Chuki stood up growling furiously walking right up to Kopa. Kopa didn’t move he was determined to hold his ground on this subject.

“You dare challenge me in my own home about this BOY.”

“You can’t just hunt down other prides just to shake your hunger; those prides have a right to hunt the same prey as we do.” Kopa stood looking up at Chuki holding his ground, and it wasn’t until he saw Chuki draw his claws and started growling. Kopa started to back up a bit giving himself some space until he started to raise his paw ready to strike when Toko jumped in between them.

“Dad Kopa’s right we can’t just hunt down other prides dad that’s not going to gain us any support.” Toko dug his claws into the stone hating what he was about to say. “We could just steal the food from the other prides or make a larger hunting party not many lions will threaten us with the rain coming.” Toko was sure that his father was going to strike at Kopa regardless of what he said but instead he felt his father’s paw on top of his head.

“Toko I had such high hopes for you and then you side with him and defy me your own father, for that you must be taught a lesson.” Chuki extended his claws and brought his paw down fast cutting into Toko’s right eye and hearing his son roar in pain before he and Kopa ran out of the cave. Kopa tried to calm his brother down but it only made him angrier. Meanwhile Nalia watched as they headed to the watering hole to clean his face. She turned to see Chuki walking out of the cave looking at her and she backed up keeping a little bit of distance. She kept her distance from everyone for the rest of the day finally getting to close her eyes and get some sleep once everyone else had already fallen asleep.

“Nalia wake up we have to leave NOW!” Nalia’s mother hurried her up and out of the den.

“What’s going on mother?”

“We’re getting out of here so we can find another pride to live with.” Nalia ran with her mother into the plains as fast as they could until they saw a dark figure in the distance, her mother growled ferociously. Nalia’s eyes widened when she saw that it was Chuki his eyes glaring at them both and slowly started walking towards them both.

“You didn’t think you could just walk away from our deal did you Nalia? What about your mother too did she think she could walk away from the deal we struck as well?”

“NALIA RUN!” her mother shouted attacking Chuki, Nalia didn’t have much of a choice she started running until she managed to get herself at the top of one of the large chasms that had been made from the dry conditions. Nalia hear the cracking of a stick looking behind her to see Chuki walking towards her making her back up more and more until she had no more room her back foot slipping as she slid down holding onto the cliff edge. Nalia clawed at the ground trying to hold onto the crumbling earth underneath her “Where’s my mom?” Nalia could feel tears starting to form in her eyes.

“Your mother won’t be joining us Nalia, besides you’re usefulness has come to an end.” Chuki dug his claws into Nalia’s paws hearing her scream in pain and gave her a big grin before tossing her off of the ledge.

Nalia screamed as she fell, her mind drifted back to Kopa and Toko her only friends that she had made in the whole pride and she let a smile appear on her face “Kopa my wish finally came true.” Nalia said to herself before she hit the ground snuffing the life out of her young body. Back at the den Kopa laid out under the stars his tail swaying back and forth as he stared at the stars. He had been unable to sleep after having one of his nightmares. He had decided sleep out under the stars staying away from everyone which had probably been his best choice for the night. Kopa rolled over onto his back looking at one of the brightest stars his eyes starting to get heavy “I wonder what Nalia’s wish was….well whatever it is I hope it comes true for her.” He thought to himself as he drifted off to sleep hoping that his dreams wouldn’t be invaded by nightmares again.
fox_fighter99
A Knight of the 4 Paws.

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Fictions