Mercy

Mercy

Postby Carl » March 8th, 2012, 4:58 am

Re-posting this from Savannah Sun:

So here's a little story for you guys.
Just an aside, this story takes place outside of all of my RPs that any of these characters may be involved in. It takes place in an alternate fan universe thing. As such, it's the "canon" of my OCs, and everything else is sub-fake-canon. If that makes sense.

This is a story about my characters, and comes after TLK 2, but you'll see that.

EDIT:: As of 13, July, 2013, I am uploading on fanfiction.net as well as here and SS. Due to uploading on ff.net, I thought I'd give the chapters names, so as I post them there, I am editing in the name here. All future chapters will be named.

My summary from ff:

After the events of Simba's Pride, the lions of Pride Rock face more difficult times, beginning with the appearance of a rogue and his pregnant mate and escalating with the arrival of another rogue years later and a clan of hyenas bent on revenge. Lost lives and betrayal lead Kovu to the brink of insanity.

If you'd rather read it there, then click here.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:46 am, edited 15 times in total.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Re: Mercy

Postby Carl » March 8th, 2012, 4:59 am

Chapter 1: The Death of a King

"Look, on the horizon," Kongwehofu said, his blonde mane blowing in the wind.

"It's another pride's territory," Hisani replied, seeing the huntresses in the distance, "Perhaps we'd better go."

"Nonsense. We'll need a whole pride if we want to ensure the safety of our unborn cubs. Let's approach. I want to challenge their king," replied her mate.

"Kongwe..." Hisani started.

"Don't worry. I'm the strongest lion there is, remember? You said so yourself," he said, confidently trotting forward towards the lionesses in the distance. Hisani couldn't argue with him. She hadn't seen a lion stronger than he, but then, she hadn't seen many lions battle or hunt. She followed him hesitantly, hoping the king of this pride was old and weak. As they drew close, she could see that the lionesses had caught a couple of gazelles and were dragging them away. Kongwe had stopped, so she stopped behind him.

"What is it?" she asked, looking around in the grass in front of him in case there was something there. Perhaps a thorn, or a snake or something had made him stop. But she didn't see anything right off besides dirt and insects.

"They're taking those kills back to their king and den mother. If we follow them at a distance, it'll be a lot easier to challenge their king," he explained, watching the lionesses for another minute. Hisani was nervous and worried, but she didn't say anything to her mate. She didn't want to get into an argument with him. So it was that, a moment later when he took off, slowly stalking the huntresses, she tagged along, her paws making no sound as she slunk through the grass.

Ahead of them was a huge rock formation. The lionesses were climbing it slowly, carefully pulling their kills up. On the rock stood not one, but two male lions, a lioness, and two young cubs. Hisani hesitated as one of the lionesses noticed she and her mate. Slowly the other lionesses and the two males cast their gazes on Kongwe and Hisani, and she didn't like the way they were looking at them.

"Kongwe, perhaps we should turn back..." she mumbled.

"No. Let's approach them."

With that, he strode confidently forward. Afraid, Hisani slunk after him, not wanting to lose him. Her mate stopped at the bottom of the rock. She stopped behind him, sinking to the ground. The two males atop the rock looked down at them. One was a golden color, the other was much darker and had a scar over his left eye. The golden one looked unwelcoming, while the darker one looked mostly curious.

"Kongwe..."

"Who are you, rogues? What do you want from us?" demanded the lighter male. He must be the king. He looked strong.

"I'm here to challenge your king," Kongwehofu announced confidently.

"Kongwe, please reconsider... Let's leave while we've got the chance..." Hisani begged.

"You should listen to her," said the golden male atop the rock, "I'm very forgiving unless you give me a reason not to be."

"I'll not back down. My mate and I need a pride," said Kongwe. Hisani hung her head.

"Then so be it," said the golden male, jumping down from his perch.

The king and Kongwe began to circle each other, growling lowly and searching for an opening. Hisani quickly moved out of the way as the other lion's pride all climbed down from the rock so as to better be able to see the battle. Frightened, Hisani ducked to the ground as Kongwehofu landed the first blow, swiping the king's face. The king snarled and threw his front legs around Kongwe's neck, biting down on her mate's throat. Hisani flinched. Kongwehofu sliced at the other lion, forcing him to let go. Then he tackled the other male, tearing at him with fierce blows.

There was blood dripping from both of them. The king roared loudly and smacked Kongwe hard across the face, sending blood spurting through the air. Then he lunged, snapping at Kongwe. Her mate dodged, just barely, and shut his jaws on the king's back. For a while, they kept at it, striking each other, both landing devastating attacks, until the king fell to the ground, apparently crippled. As he tried to rise, Kongwehofu leaned over his battered opponent and ripped his throat out. The king collapsed back to the ground, the life leaving his eyes.

"No..." gasped one of the lionesses, "Father! No!"
The other lionesses just looked stunned.

"Simba!" shouted the other male, anger contorting his face. He charged at the weakened and beaten Kongwehofu, snarling. Hisani watched in horror as the other male tackled her beaten mate. She had known this was a bad idea. There was no way that Kongwe could defeat another lion in his current state. Filled with fear, she watched as the rough, dark colored male viciously murdered her beloved, sustaining little damage as he struck him down. He was fast and unmerciful, delivering blow after blow, even after Hisani was sure that her mate was dead. She felt tears rolling down her face, but she didn't pay them any mind. She just stared at the place where her mate had fallen, his body covered in blood, and the darker male standing above his limp form, breathing heavily.

Then he turned, looking at the lioness whose father had been king.

"I'm so sorry, Kiara. I should have stepped in sooner, I should have helped him..." he said, trailing off. She just approached the king's body, two other lionesses close behind her.

"Simba, come on, get up... I can't lose you again..." said one of them. The other one, apparently the oldest of the three looked sadly down at him.

"I never thought I'd have to outlive my son twice..." she said, a tear rolling down her cheek. Hisani didn't know what they meant, not that she was paying them much mind anyway. She slunk over to the body of her beloved as the dark male joined the lionesses at the dead king's side. It was a sight she'd never forget. She closed her eyes and looked down away from him. How could this be? She was alone now. How could she survive on her own? How could she take care of her cubs alone? She couldn't imagine surviving without Kongwe.

"What should we do about her?" she heard the male asking. She knew he was talking about her, and she turned to look at him. His face was now as unwelcoming as the king's had been when she and her mate had first arrived. She suddenly knew that it was over for her. She and her unborn cubs would die this day.

"Please... I told him not to challenge your king..." she started. "Please have mercy."

"Why should I?" asked the scarred male, glaring down at Hisani where she lay flat against the ground.

"Please... for my unborn cubs... If you must kill me, please at least spare them. Wait until they're born, please..." she begged, desperate to save her children.

"Kovu... I think you should spare her. She had nothing to do with this. She asked him to back down when they first got here," said the one he'd called Kiara. He looked thoughtful for a moment and then he spoke again.

"As the new king of this pride, I'll spare you for now. You're welcome to stay with our pride, considering that you're soon to be a mother, but if you cause even the smallest problem, you're gone," he said.

Hisani couldn't believe it. They had spared her life. She looked once more at the body of her mate and then nodded.

"I understand. You are truly great, for being so merciful," she said, tears still flowing from her eyes. She was full of unsurpassed grief, but she was grateful that her cubs would be safe. She knew it was Kongwehofu's own fault that he was dead, and as such, she couldn't bring herself to hate the lion who had killed him. She could only be glad that he had shown mercy on her, the mate of the king-killer.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » March 8th, 2012, 5:02 am

Chapter 2: The Young Ones

It had been only a few days since Hisani had joined Kovu's pride when her cubs were born. There were three of them, two females and one male. They were apparently healthy, and Hisani swore she could already see Kongwe in all three of them, in some way. They were all light colors, which didn't surprise her, as she and their father both had worn pale coats. She was still deeply saddened by the loss of her mate, but there was nothing she could do about it now, so she tried to just be glad that her cubs were well.

Some of the other lionesses were trying to be welcoming. Kovu was mostly just tolerating her, she thought, but Kiara was attempting to be friendly. The previous king's mother, who she'd learned was called Sarabi, never spoke to Hisani, and she thought it was from anger about Kongwe's killing her son. His mate, one called Nala, also the mother of the new queen, Kiara, didn't approach her either. They were taking this really hard.

Hisani licked her cubs, one at a time, glancing over at Kiara, who was laying nearby with her two cubs. They were both girls, barely older than Hisani's litter by a few days. One of them was dark in color, she took after Kovu. The other was lighter, with dark spots.

"They'll be beautiful huntresses one day, and one of them will make a fine queen some day," said Hisani pleasantly, still trying to befriend her new pride.

"Yes," replied Kiara, "they will, won't they? Deciding a successor will be a nasty business, unless we have a son later, of course. Yours are quite lovely, too, Hisani."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"There's really no need to be so formal, you know," said the queen laughing a little, "What are you going to call them? I'm naming mine Kimitar and Notai."

"Those are great names. Personally, I think it's too early to name mine. I can't be sure that they'll last," she said.

"Well, surely you've got an idea in your head as to what to call them."

"Yes... I've been thinking of calling the boy Jongeni. As for the girls, I don't know yet."

Kiara looked down at her cubs and licked them lovingly.

"Perhaps we can betroth one of them to your Jongeni, hmm? Or maybe we should just see what unfolds," Kiara suggested. Hisani nodded.

"I think I'd rather just let things happen," she said, "Not that it wouldn't be an honor to betroth one of my cubs to your royal, line."

"Don't worry about it. I'd rather them choose, as well. I got to choose my mate, after all," the queen replied.

"Yes," replied Hisani with a smile, looking down at her cubs.

But the cubs were not to last. Before a month was through, the first of Hisani's girls died of illness. Within the next month, the other died from a similar ailment. So it was that for the next several months that Hisani took great care of her young male, Jongeni. He remained healthy, despite the odds, as did both of Kiara's cubs.

During that time, Kovu's sister, Vitani, had been sneaking off every once in a while, and shortly after the demise of Hisani's daughters, gave birth to a young male cub of her own. She kept him in the cave with Kiara, Hisani, and their cubs, though she left more often to hunt than did either of the other two.

"Seriously, Vitani, who's the father?" Kiara was asking, "You can tell us."

Vitani snorted and rolled her eyes, "I've told you. He was a rogue. And a jerk. Why does it matter? He's gone now, and I'm left with a mess because of him. Who needs him, anyway?"

"You think your cub's a mess?" Hisani asked, shocked that anyone could think such a thing about her own cub.

"Of course Sky's a mess," she said, sounding exasperated, "but that doesn't mean I don't love him. The little hairball. It's just now I gotta look out for him and all."

"I'm sure you'll do just fine," said Kiara smiling a little.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » May 11th, 2012, 7:19 am

Chapter 3: Son of the King-Killer

Jongeni stretched out his body, shaking off the sleep. He looked up at his mother, she was still sleeping. It figured, she always slept later than he did. He shook his head and bounded out of the cave, where some of the lionesses (including Vitani and her little runt, Sky) were still sleeping. Outside, the sun was shining down, and it looked like it would be another great day. Just then, a butterfly fluttered past. Feeling playful, Jongeni chased after it, swatting at it occasionally and chuckling to himself.

Until, with a dull pain, one of his paws got caught on something, and he tumbled down, face-planting hard against the hot earth. It smarted, but he just lay there for a minute, feeling like a dolt. That's when he heard the laughter. High, melodic laughing, that he'd come to associate with the prettier of the two princesses, Notai.

"That's right, laugh it up, Princess," he said, standing up and inspecting his paw. It wasn't visibly wounded, so he decided that it would be okay.

"I actually meant for Kimitar to trip on that, but it's funny no matter who does!" she chortled. Jongeni was not amused.

"What was that, anyway?" he asked, turning to look. He was surprised, and a bit disgusted, to find that it was part of a skeleton. "Ew! Gross, Notai! Why would you put that in the way?!"

"Duh, to watch someone trip on it. You gotta admit, that's one of my best pranks yet," she said.

"Yeah, sure it is. Where's your sister, anyways? Aren't you two always hanging out?" he asked, wanting to be rid of this girl. Notai was very naive, and a bit annoying. She was always trying to prank the other lions and lionesses, but no one seemed to mind. All of the grown lionesses and Kovu doted on her because of her good-looks. Jongeni had heard them say that her sister, Kimitar, reminded them of someone named Zira, but he didn't know why that should make them treat her worse than her sister. Maybe it was because he felt like an outcast too, but he liked Kimitar more than Notai. Or maybe it was just because of the pretty princess' pranks.

"Oh, Kimitar's having one of her 'I want to be alone' days, again, so I was thinking I could hang out with you today," she replied, smiling brightly.

Jongeni sighed. "All right, fine. But no more pranks, okay?"

"I wouldn't dream of pranking you anymore, today! Come on, come on, let's go chase that old meerkat the grown-ups keep around," she suggested. Jongeni rolled his eyes.

"What's the fun in that? He's too old to run very fast. It's boring."

"Hmm... you've got a point, there," she agreed, her brow furrowing as she thought.

"Hey, maybe we could play tag?" he suggested. Notai sighed.

"Okay, but you're it!" she said, swiveling around and darting away, back towards Pride Rock.

"Hey!" he called out, sprinting after her. She laughed as she ducked beneath the legs of her father, who looked after her, startled. Jongeni, not wanting to make this situation awkward, swerved around Kovu and kept on chasing Notai. Soon he was very close to her, so he pounced, tackling her. The two tumbled down, and rolled across the ground as Notai struggled to get free.

"Hey, lemme go!" she protested, trying to get loose. Jongeni tapped her on the top of the head.

"You're it," he said.

"Your face is it! Lemme up!"

Laughing, Jongeni rolled away from her. Notai jumped to her feet, grinning devilishly, and leaped at Jongeni, jabbing him in the stomach.

"You're it," she chortled.

"Jongeni," came his mother's voice. The cub stood up, saw his mother approaching. She looked serious. He couldn't imagine what she might be thinking.

"Your mom looks mad. What did you do?" Notai whispered to him.

"I didn't do anything. I don't know why she looks that way..."

Hisani stopped in front of the cubs, looking down at Jongeni. She sighed heavily.

"Mom, what is it?" he asked.

"My son, it's time I told you why the other lionesses act the way they do towards you. Why they seem so distant. I think it's time I told you why you don't have a father, and why we're living with Kovu's pride. Let's go for a walk. Notai, I think your mother's looking for you," she said.

Notai nodded and slunk off, though she looked very curious.

"I'll see you later, Jongeni," she said.

"Yeah, bye," he called after her, as he followed his mother. Why did he have the feeling that he didn't want to know all of that stuff? Why did his pleasant mother look so grim? He didn't know what to expect, but he needed to know why things were as they were, so he put on a strong face, a face that he hoped looked stronger than he felt, and trotted after his mom.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Khanu » May 24th, 2012, 5:07 am

very good
Me: show

True Love: show
Khanu

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Uncle Kuna, Kuny, KunaTuna
Pride Points: 25

Postby Carl » May 28th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Chapter 4: Something to Prove

For the next few days, Jongeni kept to himself except during mealtimes. He would often find himself walking alone, lost in thought. He wanted to process what he'd learned from every possible angle. He wanted to rethink everything he was, and everything he could be. He knew that he had done nothing wrong, nor had his mother. It wasn't his fault.

His father had killed the last king, but somehow, Jongeni felt guilty. He did it for me. For me and Mom. That's why he killed King Simba, that's why Notai and Kimitar's grandma and great-grandma don't talk to me. Because he attacked and killed King Simba. Because he wanted a pride to look out for me and Mom. Because of me, he thought to himself on one such day. Today he was out late. Dusk had set in, but he remained sitting by the waterhole instead of returning to Pride Rock, looking down at the water, studying his reflection.

"It's not like I wanted him to do it," he said to his reflection, as he studied it, thinking. "I wonder: do you look like him? Do... I look like him? Do they see the face of the king-killer when they look at me?"

His reflection didn't answer. He sighed, rising on his paws, feeling the dampness of the earth where something had splashed in the waterhole before he'd arrived. What had he expected when he'd come out here? He could find the answers nowhere within himself, and he felt like he shouldn't ask the lionesses. He shouldn't remind them of why he was here. He shouldn't make them think about what they had lost.

Footfalls, behind him. Soft, almost unnoticeable, but clumsy. Fast-paced, but making slow progress. He sighed and turned to look at the little runt.

"What is it, Sky?" he asked, looking down into the younger cub's huge, deep blue eyes.

"'S gettin' dark, Jongie. You stayed out later. Wanted to come and find you," said Sky, his slightly angular face showing concern. Jongeni smiled at him.

"You're sweet, Sky, but shouldn't you be getting back to your mother? It's a bit too dark for someone so young to be out on his own. Come on, I'll walk you back, okay?"

The youngster nodded vigorously. "Kay, Jongie. Let's go back together."

Jongeni stretched before walking slowly in the direction of Pride Rock, making sure to go slow enough that Sky could keep up. The younger cub trailed along beside him almost at a run. He grinned up at the older cub.

"Why'd you go here so late, Jongie?" he asked suddenly.

"I wanted some time to think, and I was thirsty, that's all."

Sky didn't say anything else as they padded through the tall savanna grass back towards Pride Rock. It was almost completely dark by the time they made it back, and Vitani was approaching them from the foot of the rock formation, a look of concern plastered across her face.

"Where have you been?" she demanded of Sky as the young cub ran to his mother, "You had me worried to death."

"Wanted to find Jongie," he said pitifully, "Didn't mean to make Mama worry."

"He's alright, Vitani. We were only at the waterhole," Jongeni told her. She frowned at him.

"Don't go out alone anymore, Sky. I don't care who you're looking for," she told her son, picking him up by the nape of his neck.

"Okay Mama."

"Thanks for bringing him back," she mumbled to Jongeni through a mouthful of cub. With that, she turned and made her way back up Pride Rock, Jongeni trailing along behind her. Even she sounded reluctant when thanking Jongeni, and he'd heard that she hadn't been a member of the pride for long when Simba had been killed. He'd helped keep her little cub safe, and she was hardly grateful. Maybe it would be better if he left. Not that he could; he was much too young to make it on his own.

Resigned to stay with them, Jongeni realized what he must do. He had to prove to them that he wasn't like his father. He would start training everyday to make himself as strong as possible, and when he got bigger, he would protect the pride, and the king, with everything he had.

The next morning when he awoke, the den was empty except for himself and the old lioness, Sarabi. She was still asleep, so he didn't disturb her. He stretched and went outside in search of Kimitar. After glancing around, he realized that it must be a hunting day. All of the lionesses except for his mother were nowhere to be seen, and she was sitting away from Kovu, who was grooming little Sky. Seeing it as the best place to start looking, Jongeni made his way down the rock formation and over to the king.

"Good morning, Jongeni," said the king as the cub stopped before him.

"Good morning, Your Majesty. Do you know where Kimitar is?" he asked. Sky nipped the king's tail, and Kovu flicked it for the youngster.

"She's over there with Notai," Kovu replied, gesturing with his head. Jongeni looked in the direction he'd indicated and spotted the princesses pretty quickly. Without further ado, he thanked the king and scurried away towards the two girls. As he drew near, Notai beamed at him.

"Hey, Jongeni! We thought you'd decided not to talk to us anymore," she teased. He snorted.

"Why would I do that? The grown-ups don't like talking to me," he retorted.

"So whatcha want? You wanna play?" she asked.

"No, actually I wanted to ask Kimitar if she'd wrestle with me."

"What?" the prettier princess asked quizzically, "Why?"

"Sounds like fun," Kimitar said over her sister.

"Great."

"Hey, don't ignore me!" Notai complained as the other two began growling playfully and circling each other. She huffed and sat down to watch them. It was really boring for her, so she tried to get their attention again. "Hey, guys, let's go exploring."

Still she got no response. She was getting frustrated with them and more than a little mad. They just kept fighting, as if she wasn't even there. She narrowed her eyes at them, growling a little bit.

"Would you two knock it off and listen to me?" she asked, but again, to no avail. She couldn't believe they'd ignore her like this, so she finally snapped and raised her voice, "That's it! You guys are so infuriating!" She then promptly rose to her paws and stormed away, back towards Pride Rock. It was only then that she got their attention.

"Hey, Notai..." Jongeni called after her.

"Come on, sis, I was fighting!" Kimitar said. But Notai didn't stop, or even turn to look at them, much less respond. She just kept going and started climbing Pride Rock. The other two cubs gave up on sparring and went after her, following her into the den. When they got there, she was standing beside her great-grandmother, looking concerned.

"Notai, don't bother her with this. We'll play with you," Jongeni told her as the duo approached the upset princess.

"She won't get up. Something's wrong. She won't wake up. Can't she hear me?" Notai said, turning her worried eyes to the male cub. He and Kimitar got closer, both dreading what they would find. Jongeni looked at Sarabi. She was laying in the same exact place where she'd been laying when he'd woken up. She hadn't moved at all, and there were flies crawling around on her face, especially around her eyes. He hadn't noticed them this morning. How long had they been there? How long had she been dead?

"Oh no. Notai, I'm sorry..." he said, nuzzling her in an attempt to comfort her.

"What? Why are you sorry?" she asked.

"Don't be so naive, Notai. Our great-grandma's gone," Kimitar told her, "I'm gonna go get Dad."

The darker princess turned and left as Notai started crying. She laid down on the ground against Jongeni, and he gently placed a paw on her back. Tragedy had struck again, and he was now even more determined than ever to take care of this pride.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » June 2nd, 2012, 12:31 am

Chapter 5: The Scarred Rogue

For the next few years, everything was relatively peaceful for the lions of Kovu's pride. The young princesses grew into fine young lionesses. Jongeni became much stronger and his mane grew out. Young Sky had grown into an adolescent- though he was still showing only a very small hint of a growing mane. The first three were almost fully mature, though the princesses still hadn't practiced hunting much. Their father insisted that it was an integral part of their lives, but their mother just told him that she'd got on fine without being able to hunt at first, too. She said they'd get the hang of it in time.

But the happy times were not to last.

Chukiza remembered fondly the lioness he'd met nearly two years ago. He'd missed her soon after setting out, and had regretted not asking her brother to join their pride. He had known that he wouldn't fit in at all. He was a rogue by nature, and he wouldn't be able to integrate himself into pride life. In fact, he didn't want to. He just wanted Vitani to live with him. As a warm breeze tugged at his gray mane, he sniffed the air. He was sure that he should be getting close, now.

Determined, he trudged on, his paws falling heavily enough to create small clouds of dust as he walked. How would she react upon seeing him after all this time? After he'd left without a word? He didn't know what to expect, but he wanted to risk it. He wanted to see her again. He crested a slight hill and saw it in the distance. It had been two years, but in all his life, he hadn't seen anything else that looked like it did. Pride Rock. He was back in Kovu's land, back at her home.

It was fully dark when he reached the large rock, and he assumed the pride must be inside the den. He'd never been in there before. He'd never been that close. He had always met Vitani father away, so as not to risk a confrontation with Kovu, whom Vitani had told him much about. Eager and tentative, Chukiza made his way up the rock and peered into the den. Amidst the lionesses in the den, he could clearly make out at least two males, but at first, he couldn't see Vitani.

He carefully took a step into the den and looked around. He still didn't see her, so he went in farther. He'd come too far to chicken out and not speak to her. As he neared the back, he spotted her, and was surprised to find a young male with a very pathetic mane laying very close to her. Surely she hadn't taken this little runt as her mate? In fact, Chukiza wan't even sure that this lion was old enough for that. He shook his head. It didn't matter, he'd find out when he spoke to her.

"Hey, Vitani," he whispered, gently pawing her in an attempt to rouse her. She stirred, noticed him, and leapt to her feet.

"You!" she growled under her breath so as not to wake the others, "What do you think you're doing here?!"

"Hey, take it easy... I just wanted to see you..." he started. She narrowed her eyes, and then motioned for him to follow her. She led him back out of the den and far enough away that she thought they would be out of the pride's earshot.

"You think you can just come back here after two years and everything will be fine? Like you never left?" she snapped.

"I regretted leaving the minute I did. I'm not a pride kind of lion, you know."

"Words mean nothing, Chukiza. Actions are the true measure of character, and you left without a word. You don't even know what you've left me with. Go away, before my brother wakes up."

"Would you just listen to me? I came back! That's what matters, right? Doesn't that prove that I'm telling the truth?" he demanded, starting to get frustrated. Why was she being so stubborn? Why wouldn't she listen to him?

"No, it doesn't. It proves that you couldn't find another lioness out there you thought you could get lucky with. Get out of here. I don't wanna see you around anymore," she commanded. That's when the younger male that had been sleeping beside her appeared from the darkness.

"Mum? What's going on?" he asked. Chukiza didn't know what to think.

"Mum?" he asked her, "That guy's your kid?"

Vitani just narrowed her eyes at him and turned to the younger lion. "Go back to sleep, Sky. I'll be back in just a minute," she said.

"Wait, if he's your son, does that mean... I mean he seems to be about the right age..."

"What are you getting at, huh? You were never there for him. You might as well not exist. Now, I'm serious. GO. And don't show your face around here again," she told him, turning and returning to Pride Rock.

For a moment, he just watched her. Anger swelled up inside of him. She was furious with him, perhaps even hated him, and now she wouldn't even introduce him to his son before sending him away. He was furious with himself that he hadn't stuck around long enough to find out. If he couldn't have a family with them, he wanted to live with his son the same way he'd lived with his father. Two lions alone against the world. And the more he thought about it, the more he liked that idea.

In the shadows, he waited, giving the two time to fall back asleep. He would take his son, and he would let him live the way he'd been raised.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Carl » June 13th, 2012, 4:08 pm

Chapter 6: Spirited Away

Sky was anxiously waiting when his mother re-entered the den. She looked annoyed, and he was curious as to who that lion was, and what he'd wanted from his mother. When Vitani lay back down beside him, Sky knew it was now or never. This was the best opportunity that he'd get to ask her about the incident.

"Mum, who was that lion?" he asked.

"No one important. Forget about him," she said grumpily.

"No. Tell me who he is. If he's threatening you or something..." the adolescent started. His mother sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Fine. His name is Chukiza. He's your father. Happy now?" she huffed, looking away. Sky didn't know what to think. That scarred lion was his father? It was unfathomable. If that were so, why had he never been around? Why had he left them? More importantly, why had he come back now?

"What?" he demanded, louder than he'd meant for it to be. "What happened? Why is he here?"

"I told you to forget about him. It's better that way," Vitani sneered.

"Fine, whatever. Don't tell me about him..." Sky grumbled, still curious. He was angry as well, full of rage at his father for having never been around. As he settled down to go back to sleep, he knew that he would still be thinking about that scarred lion tomorrow.

---

"Hey, runt, get up! Nice and quiet, now," a voice was hissing, even as he was being pawed roughly. Sky woke with a start and looked up to see the lion his mother had been talking to earlier. The lion she claimed was his father.

"What the-?" he started, but the other lion cut him off.

"You're going to come with me now, and live with your father the way every lion should," said the rough lion, Chukiza.

"As if," Sky said huffily, "I don't know where you get off thinking you can just show up and boss me around after-"

"If you don't come with me willingly," Chukiza said, cutting him off again, "I'll kill your mother. Right here, and right now." To emphasize his point, the rogue moved closer to Vitani, and lowered his jaws so that they were near her throat. He'd kill her in her sleep, and he was too close for Sky to stop him.

Sky growled at him, his pathetic mane standing up. "You wouldn't dare."

"Wouldn't I?" asked the rogue, leaning in closer to Vitani's throat.

"Fine, I'll come with you," Sky blurted out to save his mother.

"Oh, and I should probably mention that should you run off at any point, I will come back and end her," Chukiza assured Sky, smiling deviously. Sky narrowed his eyes at his father. The older lion motioned towards the mouth of the den. "After you, my son."

Reluctantly, Sky walked out of the den.

---

Notai was awakened by a rough paw landing heavily on one of her forelegs. She looked up groggily and saw Sky and a strange lion leaving the den. She got up quietly and slunk after them. She peered out of the den and saw that they were still on the rock. They appeared to be arguing. After a brief exchange and a few growls, the stranger started descending the rock, Sky following after him. She didn't think that could be good, so she raced back to where she'd been sleeping to get her sister.

"Kimitar, Kimi, wake up!" she said, pawing her sister. The darker lioness stirred, her eyes looking around, confused.

"Notai, it's the middle of the night..." she muttered. The prettier princess nodded.

"I know, but I think some stranger might have just abducted Sky. We have to go after him and make sure he's going to be okay."

"What? That's ridiculous, Notai, you were dreaming. Go back to sleep," Kimitar said, resting her head on her paws and yawning. Notai sighed in frustration.

"I was not dreaming, Kimitar! He stepped on me and woke me up, so I followed them. They stood on Pride Rock for a little while, it looked like they were arguing, and then they left. We seriously need to go, right now, and help Sky," she explained.
Last edited by Carl on July 14th, 2013, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Kopalover » June 13th, 2012, 4:12 pm

What a great chapter! I like how Chukiza manipulated Sky into going with him using Vitani, very very nice chapter. I can't wait to read more!
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Postby Carl » June 13th, 2012, 4:15 pm

Thanks! :D
I didn't know people besides Kuna were even reading this! O.O
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Next

Return to Fan Fictions