[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Royal Lovers — My Lion King Forum

Royal Lovers

Royal Lovers

Postby Arbarano » January 14th, 2011, 2:05 am

Love moves in mysterious ways. No one can predict it, and no one knows where they will find it. Years before the tales of Simba and Nala, or Kovu and Kiara, another lion and lioness find this out for themselves…

Chapter One - First Sight

Right, I know some of you were probably expecting a Lost and Found update from me, but...I couldn't get this out of my head. The idea took my concentration hostage midway through re-reading my biology notes, and with my exams a few weeks away, I decided to give into its demands.

Anyway, this idea has been in there for a few months now, but I've been mainly focussed on Lost and Found so I haven't really had time for it. I'm not sure when I'll be able to update again, but as it is a story I have been planning, I do intend on completing it. One day.

That's enough from me, so I hope you enjoyed it and leave a review if you have the time :)

(By the way, this chapter hasn't been beta'd; I honestly don't think it's worth bothering Aquaman52 about, so there may be a few errors, but I think I did a reasonably good job. Why not let me know ;) )
Last edited by Arbarano on January 16th, 2011, 1:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
If you have some time to kill, why not check out my stories:

Lost and Found

Royal Lovers
Arbarano

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The Professor

Nickname(s): Ben
Pride Points: 2

Re: Royal Lovers

Postby Pixie » January 15th, 2011, 10:41 am

Awesome. Like it.
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby Azdgari » January 16th, 2011, 6:26 am

Nice! Certainly a creative (and to me at least, somewhat daunting) idea. Good knowledge of the TLK past-universe thar! I'm also a sucker for cub romances, so you've got me hooked. =P

It wasn't betaread, and from author to author, I'll be honest, it showed a little. Really only because Lost and Found sets such a high standard that even the slightest mechanical flaws stick out like a sore thumb. It's difficult to pinpoint them, but there are a few fragments (after the semicolon in the first sentence is one, actually) and some subject/pronoun confusion in a few places (she replied with a smile, already used to the lion’s affable nature; it had only been a few months since she had been here last. Sure enough, he returned hers warmly, nodding. <- took me a few rereads to figure out what this was referring to) but these really don't do much to take away from the story; I only mention it because I'm trying to find some constructive criticism for you. =P

Always great to see an update from one of MLK's great authors! I'd love to see either this or Lost and Found updated when the inspiration strikes! ^^
[/spoiler]
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby K0PA » January 18th, 2011, 9:51 am

Nice do more pleas
K0PA
We Are One

It doesn't matter it's in the past

Nickname(s): JQ,Justin or QuantuM
Pride Points: 3

Postby Arbarano » March 20th, 2011, 8:52 pm

Chapter Two - Time Flies

It's ALIIIIVE!

Well, it's been nearly three months since I wrote anything to do with The Lion King. As it turns out exams, writing a long essay, re-writing the same essay and the two movies being taken off youtube are all great motivation-killers.

However, I have started to get back into the writing groove, so expect to see some more updates from me soon :D

As always, thanks for reading and (possibly :lol: ) reviewing.
Last edited by Arbarano on March 21st, 2011, 11:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
If you have some time to kill, why not check out my stories:

Lost and Found

Royal Lovers
Arbarano

The Professor

Nickname(s): Ben
Pride Points: 2

Postby Azdgari » March 20th, 2011, 11:15 pm

[/spoiler]
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Return to Fan Fictions