[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga) — My Lion King Forum

With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga)

Re: With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga)

Postby Baya » March 19th, 2013, 7:17 am

(OOT: I'm gone, don't want my work to be on this site.)
Last edited by Baya on October 20th, 2013, 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Malenga » March 19th, 2013, 7:33 am

Salehe began to snarl, as he started to close in on the lion. However, he took a quick glance at Sethunya before he sighed and walked out of the den. Usi watched him as he went, and shortly followed in pursuit. This left only the three in the den. With a sigh, Seth watched as the boys exited and hoped they wouldn't stay out there for very long; she didn't want something happening to them in a foreign place like this.

As Baya answered, Seth sighed once more looking down at her toes. She noticed Baya's toes were close to hers, and thusly she turned away from him, careful that her tail didn't graze him, as she didn't feel like she knew him well enough to make any sort of physical touch-- accidental or not. "King Kovu will live. We'll get Blue Butt the medicine and he'll make Kovu better." Sethunya told herself that but she was starting to doubt that it could happen. How long was it going to take to track down Kubwa again? And even more, how long was it going to take to get the pride on her side if she carried out what she was supposed to do in the first place? The lioness found her head to be spinning before she was reassured by the touch of her mate. Out of instinct, she pushed her head back on his with a smile.

When Chinja began to lecture his brother on keeping away from her, Sethunya noted that the tone the older brother used was one that he seemed to have recited before. Did that mean that Chinja had many mates that Baya had messed with before? Or was he just well practiced for something like this maybe happening? She didn't know, and she didn't really know if she wanted to.

Before she could tell Chinja to take a step back from his brother, she was being gently coaxed to the other side of the den and being lectured. As she rolled onto her back, the lioness made an almost cub-like coo, as she began pushing her paws against the male's face, playfully. But soon she quited down when she was being groomed, though still pushing her paws into his mane and placing her tongue against his cheek or nose when she got the chance.

"Not to sound stuck up or anything, Chinja, but I wasn't thinking about spending extra time with anyone; I just want to focus on getting the medicine for Kovu and getting back as soon as we can. Besides, I don't think Salehe is going to be very keen on allowing me to be on my own from now on." She looked outside the den, noticing the two bodies were still in sight of the opening of the den but they were further away. They were probably talking again-- about something she wasn't allowed to hear about. Her cheek rested on the ground whilst watching their bulky frames before she looked back up at Chinja. "How are you doing? I haven't paid much attention to you all day," the lioness guiltily admitted. She gave an apologetic smile.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Nickname(s): Rina, Malenga, Mally, Mal, Giraffe
Pride Points: 6

Postby Baya » March 21st, 2013, 4:31 am

Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Malenga » March 21st, 2013, 7:16 am

"Got it," she nodded her head. Honestly, Sethunya was starting to tire of her mate and his brother's constant bickering. It was like they were mates. The kind of mates the old lions were in her old pride. Before she heard Baya's comment, she stretched her arms in the air and arched her neck, releasing the tension in her shoulders and spine. Once hearing Baya's voice, the echo in the den making it's way to her ears, she rolled over onto her side and looked over at the slinky lion in the corner. She couldn't help but laugh, completely unaware that he was somehow making fun of her.

But once the two got more into conversation about it, Sethunya's ears started to droop. There she was, in the middle of an argument between the brothers, and it was about her. Like she wasn't there. Maybe it was because she was just tired and stressed out, or because she was honestly offended, but the lioness got to her paws and shook the dirt off her pelt. "I'm going to get a drink," she smiled down at Chinja and gave him a quick lick to his ear before she trotted out.

Once the lioness was out of the den, she noticed the brothers turn their heads to see her coming towards them but shortly rose their brows as she sped past the two of them.

"Seth," Usi called to the lioness, and sure enough the female recognized her name. Stopping, she looked at the brothers. Usi stepped forward to smile down at her, while Salehe sat there, upright, and looking down at Sethunya with furrowed brows and solemn jaw. "Where are you going?" Usi questioned, a small smile making up for his brother's lack of one.

"Just getting a drink." Sethunya decided not to give them a moment to answer, or even a moment for Chinja's father-like paranoia over her to take over his body movements and she just sped away.

Usi sighed in discomfort before he looked at his older brother. Salehe looked from the fading form of the lioness to his brother, getting to his paws. "Watch over those two," he started walking forward, "I know Sethunya wouldn't be pleased if she came back from a drink and found them killing each other."

The younger brother nodded his head, heading into the den whilst he listened to the other male walk on in the direction of their best friend.

As Usi walked into the den, he could feel the tension from between the two brothers. Although he didn't know what kind of things they would say to each other, he was sure that they were above hurting each other. Or, maybe that was just his hopeful thinking. As he barely knew this lion called Baya, Usi walked past the dark lion and walked over to his older brother. "Chinja," he smiled softly and lay himself down, looking into the male's orbs, "Please don't be worried about Sethunya. Salehe is a very good look out." Usi didn't even know why he was being so kind to Chinja; he wasn't sure if he liked the rogue lion or not. But for the sake of him being Seth's mate, he was pleased to attempt to get to know him. As for his older brother... well, it would take a little more convincing. Usi then looked over his shoulder at the Baya character, "Pardon my brother's behaviour, Baya. He can come off sometimes as a bit of a brute."
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 22nd, 2013, 9:08 pm

Baya

Postby Malenga » March 22nd, 2013, 9:56 pm

Usi only had his head slightly skewed to the side as he watched the raging conversation that Baya seemed to have with himself. Almost like this lion knew nothing more than blood as the way to make any sort of revelation with someone who was upsetting to him, Usi found an inner part of him that felt sorry for the scarred lion. He never knew anyone who was so insecure of his intelligence that he had to use brute force. Even so, Salehe was one of those lions who looked to be slow and large, but he was quite the skilled fighter. So, he wasn't too worried about his older brother.

Watching as Baya left the den, he turned his attentions back to Chinja. He listened to what the lion had to say before he nodded his head. "I assure you, Salehe is able to take care of himself." Usi looked down at his paws, noticing there was a bit of dirt on them and started to lick them clean. "I am interested in something Chinja, but never had the means to be able to ask you about it. You have been a part of our pride for the longest time, and you've never seemed to be the social type. I'm curious as to what sparked the interest in Sethunya," the male asked, looking over Chinja.

He wasn't prying for himself; he was prying for Sethunya. He didn't know what this lion was really like, nor what he intended to do in this relationship with his best friend. He was curious, such as the case of a feline would be, and thusly felt the need to make sure Seth wasn't getting herself into a toxic, hurtful, abusive, and/or meaningless relationship.

~*~

Sethunya settled down by the water, the moon giving her a light path coupled with her cat vision at night. She took a few times to blow the tuft out of her eyes, but she just gave up when she got to the water. As she bent over, she dipped her tongue into the pond and started to lap at the water. She could see faint ripples distorting a figure as she peered up and noticed it to be the large lion of Salehe.

"Thought you were mad at me," Sethunya said. Salehe stood there, quiet for a few moments, Sethunya's eyes jotting from one side to the other in an almost comical manner. "And it seems like you still are."

"I'm just here to make sure no one jumps you." Sethunya nodded her head, her cheeks firm with an awkward smile before she started to drink once more. Though her eyes were looking into the water, she could hear the sound of Salehe's pawprints coming towards her. He couldn't have been that mad then.

Once she was finished and allowed the water to drip from her chin, she used her light orbs to look to the side where he had positioned himself in a formal sit. "You know, it would be more believable that you were angry with me if you were on the other side of the water hole still," she pointed out.

"I'm not mad, Seth. I'm just confused."

"Then ask questions, if you must," she suggested, picking her up and looking over at him fully.

Salehe looked down at her through his bangs, waiting to see if she figured it out on her own. But after a while of waiting, he just took in a breath. "Why are you with him?"

"Oh for the love of-- Salehe, I don't need to discuss this with you." The lioness picked herself up and walked around him briskly, intent on heading back to the den so he could maybe shut up.

"Well, you should. Has it occurred to you that this guy has a brother who wants to kill everything and anything, and he's not your type?"

"My type? Excuse me? When have I ever had a 'type'?" Sethunya questioned, turning her head around to look at him. He was following her by now, but stopped when she did.

"Chinja's shady, quiet, and he doesn't know how to have fun," Salehe replied.

"Chinja loves me. Isn't that what counts the most? And how would you know what he's like? You don't even know him! I wouldn't have to defend myself to you if you didn't bring him into it. Chinja takes care of me when I'm hurt, he makes me laugh, he cleans me when I'm dirty-- and I get dirty a lot, let me tell you, he watches out for me, and he makes me laugh when it's hard to." Sethunya looked like she needed to take a breath after her long rant, but she held it in and only furrowed her brows at the large lion in front of her.

"Well isn't that just fine and dandy," Salehe stomped his paw, "but do you love him?"

Sethunya shook her head, in disbelief that she was having this conversation with Salehe. He used to be the most understand lion she knew. But that was when she was... single...

"Are you trying to build up to something here, Salehe? Because I have a feeling you don't have a problem with Chinja as much as you do me not being single anymore."

"I don't-- Seth, I'm glad that you're with someone you chose on your own, but--"

"Then, SHUT UP."

They were both silent. Neither of them knew what to say next; Seth was furious with his behaviour and Salehe was shocked with what she had said to him. But finally, there was movement. Salehe picked his head up and sighed gruffly. "Fine," he shook his head and walked past her, "goes to show what kind of friend you are."

Sethunya followed him, immediately regretting this decision. "No wait, Salehe! I'm sorry! Please don't be mad at me," she requested, trailing closely behind him. Quickly, she bounded in front of him and placed herself against his chest where he stopped and looked down at her. With Seth's head in his chest, she braced herself to be pushed whilst he walked forward. "I didn't mean to yell. I'm sorry, I swear."

He sighed, "Sethunya," she looked up at him, "Do you love him? Truly? You can tell me. I'm your best friend. Always have been, always will be."

Sethunya looked up at him, sighing to herself. She knew he wasn't going to go easy on Chinja even if she said she didn't love him, but that wasn't the truth. And she couldn't lie to her best friend.

"I truly love Chinja... I just haven't told him yet." Salehe rose his brow. "I mean, he knows I like him a lot, but... I haven't told him I love him because I'm afraid that, if one of us don't come back from this whole thing with Kubwa, we'll be stuck on one another. Won't be able to move on. I wouldn't want that for Chinja; he's been hurt too much already."

Salehe simply just looked down at her as the lioness looked like she was having a battle with herself. Almost like he got the gears in her brain going about the relationship, he wondered if he could maybe convince her to not be with him. But he would have to wait until she was finished thinking.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 23rd, 2013, 7:05 am

Baya

Postby Malenga » March 24th, 2013, 12:00 am

The moment a third voice was added to the situation, Sethunya pulled herself away from Salehe whilst he just stood there and looked up at Baya. Of course, the arrival of the male was not ideal for them right now as they were too busy discussing other things. And it was really none of his business.

Approaching them, Sethunya looked at Baya as though she had revealed a deep dark secret that she knew was going to be leaked-- fearful and ashamed. Not because she was ashamed that Baya overheard that she loved his older brother, but because she didn't want him to be the first to tell Chinja. Seth took a quick glance at the male beside her to see Salehe looking down at Baya with a furrowed brow. He obviously didn't like what was being said to him and Seth was more than uncomfortable at what might happen with the two of them. She knew they would both be restless when it came to picking a fight with one another.

The moment Sethunya moved away, she was caught by a claw to her neck and she looked down at it. It belonged to Baya's paw and she wasn't afraid of it, but she was quite unhappy that he chose to be so forceful in a situation that didn't require his assistance. It must have been because he really did love and respect Chinja, but Sethunya was having none of it.

Salehe, once noting the claw to the lioness, he started to snarl and arch his shoulders. "If you kill her, you'll regret the day you ever met--"

"Salehe, stop. Baya doesn't mean any harm." Sethunya looked up at Baya, only hearing the sound of Salehe's anger proceed to escape his nostrils. But she didn't hear him move, so she knew he was still ready to attack if he needed-- or wanted-- to. Continuing to look up at him, the lioness stared her large golden orbs into his green ones. "As much as I'm sure you want to play big brother or daddy to me, Baya, it's not your position. I have a mind that can work, thank you very much." Sethunya walked past him, her bulky form accidentally shoving him, even though she didn't know how much force it held. "Sorry," she looked over her shoulder before she walked on, and back to the den.

Watching as she left, Salehe pulled his attention from Seth to Baya as he spoke to him. He was quiet, and listened though he didn't say a word once the lion was through with his speech. "Sethunya said it already," Salehe muttered, walking forward and past Baya, "it's not your position." He left Baya behind, whether he chose to follow or not.

~*~

Usi lay there, his body relaxed and his left paw crossed over his right, quite contently. He listened to Chinja, and began to softly smile. He could tell, just by the way Chinja spoke about Sethunya, that he held all the respect in the world for her. And that's what he was so pleased to hear. Just Chinja's tone.

"I appreciate your honesty, Chinja. And that's really what I want for her. My brother and I, both. Again, I ask you to excuse my brother's behaviour earlier; Salehe has a hard time letting go of things. He's just a little unnerved about being away from Seth all this time, and having to see her with a male who has captured her attention completely." Usi nodded his head, looking down at his paws. "I'm ashamed to admit it, but I am still very protective of her as well. But, it's nice having talked to you and getting an idea of what you intend with her and knowing that the intentions are in the right place."

A faint sound of paw steps caught the lion's attention as he turned his head to the enterance of the den. What he saw appeared to be two shadows before they came more into the viewing range of Usi, who was now standing to expect either the worst or the best about these new beings.

There stood a female and a male, who looked nothing alike. But he knew they were siblings. "Badrani, Lesedi," their ears flicked at their names, "what are you two doing here?"

"We're looking for Seth," the lioness answered, leaving the male to nod his head in alliance with his companion.

"She's kind of on a mission for the king right now." Usi noted how Lesedi rolled her eyes and looked at Badrani, who simply looked down at her and then back at the lions.

"As if we don't know already," she walked forward and settled herself down delicately on the den floor, tail wrapped around her rear. Badrani followed suit, coming more into view. He was a slim thing, the complete Outlander build complete with the nose and chin. His claws clicked against the rock, and he sat down quietly whilst looking at Usi. "Usi, you're here for the same reasons we are."

"You've been asked her by the king?"

"Okay, so we're not here for the same reasons you are." Badrani looked from the lioness to the lion in the corner whom he knew from the pride. Looking a little while longer, he took his glance off of Chinja and looked at Usi once more.

Usi looked at the two. "You two really shouldn't be here, it's dangerous."

"All the more reason to be here." The lioness flicked her tail in a empowered way, like she knew she was getting into something she could completely handle. Whilst Badrani simply sat there, quiet. Lesedi's golden pelt caught some of the moon whilst her red eyes looked even brighter once they were hit a few times with the large star. "Blue butt sent us."

"You mean Rafiki?"

"Who else?" Lesedi replied.

"Lesedi, look. You--"

"Sis?" A feminine voice joined the conversation, belonging to a trotting Sethunya. Her smile was so wide that her teeth were completely visible as she cantered and hopped over to where she saw her sister sitting. "Lesedi!"

"Seth!" Lesedi hopped out of her seat and bolted towards the red lioness. The both of them met with a swift bump to the head along with some smiles into each others' necks. "Look who else is here," she smiled, letting Sethunya's neck alter directions to see the lanky, light form of their brother. He was smiling now.

"Rani!" She giggled and ran over to him. Badrani seemed to notice what was coming, so he picked himself up and accepted the hug he knew he was going to get. As Sethunya wrapped her paws around his neck, confining his wavy mane in her arm space, the male placed his paw around the lioness' neck, claws retracting, and smiled.

"Hey, big sister," he smiled.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 24th, 2013, 6:08 am

Baya

Postby Malenga » March 24th, 2013, 6:58 am

The three siblings looked over to the laughing lion, seeing him being disciplined by Chinja who looked rather reluctant to admit to being Baya's older brother. Lesedi walked into the scene with her brother and sister, raising her brow at the duo.

As Usi and Salehe walked into it, the brothers looked at each other in confusion before Salehe looked back at Chinja. "You haven't done it with your mate?" He asked, followed by a loud growl in pain as Usi growled, warning him that it wasn't his place to ask.

"Salehe, shut it," Usi hissed, now looking at Sethunya with an apologetic look in his eyes.

Sethunya, on the other paw, still sat. Badrani on her left, standing up and towering over his two sisters, and Lesedi with her paw placed helpfully on her older sister's whilst she looked at both Chinja and Baya. She furrowed her thin brows and scoffed. "Such immature hyenas," she commented, pressing her ears against her head with an obvious lack of tolerance for the lions already. She looked over at Usi, noticing he was looking at the brothers with a mild glare glued to his face. "I don't know how you put up with him," Lesedi grumbled, looking at Chinja.

Badrani was expressionless, but he remained towering over his sister which gave a clear indication that he wasn't very tolerant of the two either.

"Come on, guys. Let's leave the rogues to themselves." Lesedi got to her fours and started to walk out of the den, hoping that the others would follow. Salehe was the first to accompany the blonde lioness, then Usi. Badrani stuck to Seth's side, but soon moved once she did. Although Seth was unsure how she felt, but the words Baya told her earlier where swirling around in her mind.

"Who even talks about that with their own brother?" Lesedi said.

"More importantly, why would you openly embarrass the one you care for like that?" Salehe growled, looking over his shoulder at a drooping Sethunya. Badrani just kept beside her and didn't even bother to contribute to what the conversation was about.

"I'm sorry, Seth," Usi said.

Sethunya perked her head up, looking at him with the faintest of smiles. "It's not your fault, Usi," she replied.

"I told you that guy was no good Seth," Salehe stopped and looked down at the red lioness. Sethunya stopped in her tracks and looked up at him. "He was openly making fun of you with his brother." Lesedi nodded, agreeing with the large lion.

Usi was timid but he looked like he had something to say. "Guys, I don't think Chinja might have meant it to come out the way it did. I talked to him, and he--"

"Don't go spouting that junk, Usi. Chinja has always been a shady character, and now he's just proving it."

Suddenly a dash of red past by everyones' visions, noticing that Badrani's side was now unaccompanied.

"Seth?!" Salehe exclaimed.

"Where'd she go? Why'd she run off?!" Lesedi questioned, attempting to see if she was just playing some of her usual games like when they were back at home. "Seth!"

"Salehe, Lesedi, go run back and tell Chinja what happened. Badrani and I are going to start looking for her." With that, the four split into two and bolted in the different directions.

Lesedi and Salehe shot back into the den and looked at Chinja, "Seth's gone. We need you to come look for her! Quickly!" She said the last part over her shoulder as she sped off to go and join the search.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying