[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga) — My Lion King Forum

With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga)

With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga)

Postby Malenga » March 18th, 2013, 6:38 am

http://savannahsun.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=81
Link to the original RP if we ever need to refer back for memory.

Baya's characters
Chinja = Main character (lion), Sethunya's mate.
Shwari = An old leopard with, what seems like, no kindness.
Kubwa = The villain of the jungle, with a killer pride (lion). Took over Kakra's pride.
Bakara = A gorilla mother who lost her baby and wants revenge on Kubwa.

Malenga's characters
Sethunya = Main character (lioness), Chinja's mate.
Salehe = Seth's best friend, Usi's older brother.
Usi = Seth's best friend, Salehe's younger brother.
Kakra = Dethroned queen, Kubwa's ex-mate.
Ashanti = Kakra's daughter, the ex-princess to the jungle pride.
Fayola = Sethunya's ex-pride mate, now the 'Queen' of the jungle pride.

Setting: Kovu and Kiara's reign.
Last edited by Malenga on March 19th, 2013, 5:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Nickname(s): Rina, Malenga, Mally, Mal, Giraffe
Pride Points: 6

Re: With New Beginnings (Baya & Malenga)

Postby Malenga » March 18th, 2013, 6:50 am

Truthfully, after all that fighting and thinking loudly, Sethunya was less clear of her own plan than she ever was anything in her life. This wasn't some prank she could pull with her friends back at home, or even a small little fight she was going to smooth out with another lion-- this was an important battle. Lions lives were at risk here, and their king was dying the more she kept her mouth shut and her body still; she needed to speak and move in action.

Seth could feel the determination slide across her face as she looked at the leopard and the others crowded around her and her mate. Stepping forward into the circle they had made without any realization, Seth took a moment to look at Shwari, reassuring his fixed glare on his fellow felines with a small smile of hers. She then looked at Chinja, buddied up with the others at his side. "My plan is...," she gulped, "to do exactly what Shwari insists I do; befriend him."

Once more, she shyly looked at Chinja and hoped for the best. Out of mild fear that he wasn't going to be too pleased with her actions, she bent her head down, looking at her uncoloured toes and then stared up at him with big, golden eyes through that red tuft of hers. A small smile on her face was a clear indication that she meant what she said in the best way possible; not to freak him out.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 18th, 2013, 7:06 am

(OOT: I'm gone, don't want my work to be on this site.)
Last edited by Baya on October 20th, 2013, 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Malenga » March 18th, 2013, 7:28 am

Sethunya looked over to the leopard. Of course he was going to say something like that, Sethunya had no doubt. However, he probably didn't expect her to smile and nod at him, "Thanks, Shwari. That's the nicest thing you've called me," she looked back at her toes, "and probably the only thing you'll call me." She hoped Chinja wasn't going to think the same of her in regards to what Shwari probably thought in greater detail.

As Chinja began to read Seth's mind, she smiled and lifted her head back up, almost as if his words were picking her chin up with their confidence and allowing her to look at the others with determination. "I can do this. And you all can too. I know it doesn't sound like it's going to work, but you're going to have to trust us. We have a sick king back at home, and right now we're doing all that we can to help make this better and get what we want as well."

Sethunya looked at Chinja and sighed, "And right now, we all need to rest for the night and get back to it in the morning. I'll need the location of Kubwa's pride so I can set out there in the morning and get Kakra all filled in on what I'm going to do. And Chinja is going to work closely with all of you on what we can do to help from the outside while I'm on the inside."
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 18th, 2013, 10:03 pm

Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Malenga » March 19th, 2013, 12:28 am

Sethunya's steady gaze was focused on Shwari as he spoke. Was he serious? Or was he just playing with her? On the one paw, it sounded like the leopard had some sort of trust in her abilities of 'seduction', but then there was that little chirp in his tone that sounded happy to have a lion to snack on when it all failed. But, if he was noting that, that must have meant he was going to be looking out for her as well. So in a sense, Sethunya found justice in relaxing her shoulders and nodding to him with a faint smile.

As everyone dispersed, the lioness noted who was left was only her and Chinja. As her mate spoke, Seth turned herself around and walked over to him. Sitting down in front of him, she nodded to his synopsis. That was the basic plan, she knew, but she didn't know if she could pull it off. She wasn't the 'seductive' type; the type that drove the lions crazy like Fayola did. "Basically, yeah." Sethunya looked over at the brother lions, who were sitting with each other, obviously talking about something. Something that Seth or Chinja weren't allowed to hear about, which made Seth kind of curious.

"Guys?" Seth asked. The large orbs of the brothers' peered over to the rusty coloured lioness, as she perked one ear higher than the other and smiled, "What'cha talkin' about?"

Usi cleared his throat, "Nothing really, Seth--"

"You're gonna die." Usi snarled at his older brother, furrowing his brows through the lush mane that covered his forehead. Salehe stood up, looking at Chinja. "And you're just going to let her put her life on the line. For what? Some king who doesn't even know you exist?"

"Kovu doesn't need to know any of us exist for us to want to help him, Salehe," Sethunya replied quietly. She wasn't trying to start a fight, nor was she trying to accuse him of anything. However, she moved in front of Chinja. "The only thing Chinja's letting me do is being a big girl and making my own decisions." Sethunya looked back at Usi, who was looking at her with an apologetic stare. Clearly, he felt the same as his brother but he wasn't going to make as big a fuss about it.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 19th, 2013, 5:54 am

Baya

Postby Malenga » March 19th, 2013, 6:13 am

The brothers were both silent, as though they were taking time to read each others' minds. Sethunya looked back and forth from the two of them before she huffed. "If you're doing that thing you two do with your brains, you better start talking right now," she warned them. Though her tuft was in front of her head, it was clear her thick brows were furrowed. "Oh my Mufasa, you both think the same thing, don't you?"

No one had even noticed that Chinja had left the group's 'discussion'. "Look, on top of being with someone who isn't even worth your time, you're getting into something you don't know how to handle," Salehe commented roughly. He took a look to see if the male was still with them, but noted that Chinja had left. "And it looks like I was right about him all along; he doesn't even want to defend himself."

Sethunya tore her gaze away from the brothers to see that Chinja was, indeed, absent from the conversation. Not like it mattered much; she knew he was above senseless fighting with these two. Besides, she believed Chinja knew he was doing nothing wrong, and therefor had no reason to try and defend himself to them. But she noted that the reason he was so quiet was because another lion was capturing his attention. Oddly enough, Sethunya had a pretty good idea of who it was already.

The lioness turned her long body around and trotted over to the male who had just entered the den, Sethunya taking a comfortable place against her mate's side and looking up at the lion. He looked just like Chinja with a few minor details differing them. The darkness didn't mind, as Seth's bright eyes lit up the night. "Hi," she smiled with her tail risen like a torch, "I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you're Baya." Sethunya smiled up at the lion.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Baya » March 19th, 2013, 6:50 am

Baya

Postby Malenga » March 19th, 2013, 7:01 am

Sethunya smiled up at Chinja as he made the reference. Although her smile faltered a tad, she smiled nevertheless. He had come a long way from when they had first met each other, and she was just happy to be called Chinja's mate. Even out in the open, she still got the jitters.

And then there was Baya. He was taller than her, and he certainly had a cocky air around him. One thing she couldn't help but notice was all his scars. Almost like he had put himself through a prickly bush. But, Seth soon remembered that he had the proof to back up his scars. She guessed each one told a story.

When he called her 'fruit bug', she couldn't help but laugh with a small snort mixed in. Like when her parents used to make her laugh, she innocently forgot about the trouble at paw and just dove into happiness like usual. Looking back up at the male, she smiled up at him with a pleased and happy gaze. She was happy to meet him, despite the story he brought and the remarks he made. They were obviously nothing Chinja couldn't handle, so she would be fine to do the same. On the other paw...

Sethunya looked over to the brothers, as they walked over to the group. Salehe stood behind Baya, looking down at the skinny lion. Meanwhile, Usi came up beside the rogue brother. The brothers were both taller, and had more bulk to them.

"How is Kovu? Is he getting any better?" Sethunya walked forward, enclosing the space between her and Baya. Looking up at him with big, yellow orbs she wondered out loud, curious if he knew anything about the king's condition as of right now.

"You sure don't seem like a lion whom Kovu would trust," Salehe commented.

"Brother." Usi furrowed his brows.

"I'm just being honest," the older brother replied, looking from his brother down to the rogue.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Next

Return to Lion King Roleplaying