[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Veni Vedi Vici [Closed to Juli Skywalker] — My Lion King Forum

Veni Vedi Vici [Closed to Juli Skywalker]

Re: Veni Vedi Vici [Closed to Juli Skywalker]

Postby Baya » January 13th, 2013, 7:48 pm

"Whine to me? Whatever for? I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation to all of this." Mrithi cooed silently. A grin spread on his wide muzzle as he entered the conversation, slowing padding his way to Stoker. His amber eyes met with that of the mercenary's.

"You should know, I may be a lion of rule, I would not hold it against you to leave. After all, it only makes sense that these pride landers have far more than I do. Chances are, we might lose...but should we succeed...Vishindo will kill you." Mrithi mused with a smirk.

He needed Stoker to leave, and to strike the seed of distrust within the pridelander's ranks. He knew the mercenary wasn't trustworthy either way, but Mrithi was sure he'd cause so much of a disturbance that it would wear down the spirits of the pride landers. Mrithi continued to stare at Stoker, waiting for his answer.

Mrithi turned and made his way back to his part of the termite den. Just like his father, he held the platform above the rest of the lions, looking down on them. Yes, all these lionesses had as much value as the termites to him. They were all just working to the end of his ascension and revenge. Vishindo approached him from below, a blank look on her face.

"What is it? Anything to report?"

"No. The lionesses are hungry, and these lands are barren. What do we do?"

"Go hunt some food in the pride lands. Not like they'd send their entire force to stop you." Mrithi mused with a chuckle. "Oh, and bring me back a chunk would you?" Mrithi asked in his sly tone.

Vishindo snorted. "Fine." she said simply as she trotted out of the den.

//

"There is no sense in being foolish, even if this lion is telling the truth." Simba murmured silently. "Vitani and Baya will come with me. I'm not going in defenseless." he murmured silently. While Kiara explained the situation, Baya made his way down the stone steps of pride rock. He stood alongside Simba and growled quietly.

"I do not like this at all. None of this seems normal...especially considering we were just threatened with death. You should practice better judgement princess, the world isn't as happy and beautiful as you may think. The fact that you went out on your own is foolish in itself..."

"She is still your princess, Baya. Try to calm down." Vitani pointed out as she had come down as well to get involved the conversation.

"This entire situation could've been avoided. Your honor is going to lose you your lands..." Baya snapped.

"Baya, your daughter will be fine. Calm down." Vitani said sternly, her eyes narrowing. Baya let out a gust of air from his nostrils, and closed his eyes for a moment. What has he been reduced to? He only lived for battle and cared for nothing when he was out in the outlands. Now that he was in the pridelands he was afraid of losing his mate, his daughter, and his sister-like friend. Emotions just got in his way, and here was...submitting to them. They were going to be the death of him.

"Alright. Baya, we must at least try diplomacy...we are not like Zira or Scar. We do not resort to senseless bloodshed if it isn't necessary." Simba pointed out.

"Whatever. Let's just get this over with..." Baya growled silently. Vitani raised an eyebrow and looked back to Simba.

"Well, where and when do we meet this guy again?" she asked.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Carl » January 14th, 2013, 6:35 pm

"No!" Nafsi protested, "If he turns on us, I want his hide!" She looked after Mrithi, and then back to Stoker. She did like this mercenary's carefree attitude, his calm demeanor, his freedom- and yet she resented him for all those things. Why should he get to live that way? Why should she not? It wasn't fair, and she was determined to make him suffer any losses they suffered with them. She didn't know what Mrithi intended with the way he was talking, but if they lost this lion's muscle, she couldn't foresee their victory.

Stoker remained silent, his mind mulling things over. As he'd already played the odds in his head, this pride was going to lose to the Pridelanders. They were outnumbered, and out-muscled. Mrithi seemed to be very clever, but Stoker doubted the lion's cunning alone would win this for them. There was no chance of this team winning, and therefore, no chance of him getting paid. He looked around the pride before him, and as a side-thought, took note of the fact that even the lionesses in Simba's pride were better looking than the ones Mrithi had to offer. Keeping in mind that everything else he'd been promised currently belonged to Simba, anyway, why should he stay here?

He rose on his paws and turned, heading back to the place where he'd met with the Pridelander. He'd wait for her there rather than here. He was sick of these termite mounds and this band of starved and rabid meerkats. He ignored Nafsi's growling and paid no mind to the fact that she started off after him. She was of no concern to him. But the gray lioness was not about to just let him walk out of here.

"Hey, where do you think you're going?" she demanded. He didn't respond, and just kept walking. She narrowed her eyes and trotted a bit to come up beside him. "Hey I'm talking to you!" She still didn't get a response. The male just kept going, making his way back into the Pridelands. Furious, she sprung onto his back, digging her fangs into his mane, trying to find flesh, her claws keeping her on board pricking his skin.

With a growl, Stoker shook her off and pounced on her. In a few moments, he had the lioness pinned, as she struggled to free herself. She was shocked she'd gone down so quickly. She'd known he was strong, he looked it, with those bulging muscles underneath that soft reddish fur... But she'd prided herself on her strength, and had expected to do more damage to the mercenary. He growled at her.

"Go back to your pride, you can't overpower me," he said in a low tone. The thrill she'd felt talking to him before they'd arrived returned, and she stared up at him with those sparkling eyes again.

"Let me join you," she pleaded, "Let's make a mercenary band. Together we'll be able to get better prizes from our clients. Let me live like you do."

For a moment, Stoker contemplated it. He could use a partner, and he was often lonely, but she was so quick to anger, and she was from Mrithi's pride. He'd prefer someone better. He narrowed his eyes at her, "How could I trust you? You're loyal to Mrithi. Go back to your leader."

"No! I can be loyal to whoever I choose. Let me come with you. We can do this together," she said. He shook his head.

"So long as he's around, you'll be loyal to him. A mercenary has no such ties, you'll give in to anything he asks of you. You can't be trusted as a mercenary. Go back."

With that, he let her up and turned to continue on his way. She glared after him. She couldn't stop him, and he didn't want her to join him, so she'd just have to deal with him later. Her face still set in a deep scowl, she turned and sprinted back to the termite mounds where her pride was gathered. They'd take care of themselves, she told herself, they didn't need the help of a mercenary to win this.

---

Kiara sighed, thankful that they'd hear him out. The mercenary might not be the most trustworthy lion, but he might be able to help them. She turned to lead the way to the place he said they'd meet.

"He asked me to meet him at a place not far past the waterhole tomorrow night," she told them, but noticing that it was day, corrected herself, "Tonight. I'll show you where." Then she climbed down Pride Rock and stood waiting for her father and his defenders. But before she could get any farther, Kovu had jumped down in front of her.

"Kiara, I think they can find the waterhole. I want you to stay here," he said, "Simba can handle it."

She narrowed her eyes at him. It wasn't like she was a little cub that needed protecting. She'd had enough of that from her father. Besides that, the mercenary wouldn't even be there this early, he'd said he'd meet her at night.

"I'm not a cub, I can take care of myself," she protested, "And I don't need you telling me what I can and can't do. Daddy's been doing that my whole life, I don't need another overprotective male trying to stop me from-" She cut off mid-sentence at a pain in her stomach, crying out and sinking to the ground. What was this?

"Kiara? Are you okay?" her mate asked, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know," she gasped. Her family gathered around, having a look at her.

"Kiara, Kovu's right, Simba can handle the rogue, you need to stay here. Kovu, help me get her into the den," Nala said sternly.

"No, I can walk," Kiara said, standing up, but no longer protesting that she should remain at Pride Rock. She didn't feel like going anywhere anymore. Kovu stood beside her for support to walk with her back into the den.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Baya » February 18th, 2013, 7:39 am

[I REALLY Owe you a post, and I apologize. Things had been hectic, and I still do love this rp <3]

"Such discontent among my ranks. Though, everything goes according to plan. How I love to play the master and watch the under lings squirm. They all think they have free will...such miserable things." Mrithi murmured from where he lay down. Vishindo snorted from below and shook her head.

"You see yourself so high above others because you put yourself there. You aren't anymore free than we are." Vishindo pointed out. Her voice was stern and absolute in its tone. Mrithi chuckled from where he lay and looked down to her.

"I was just a boy, Vishindo. Just a boy, and I came to master my tongue. Don't get any thoughts into your head, I mastered the art of speech. I play the snake that manipulates the birds and the beasts into war. I talked my way out of death countless times and even ended up walking away with the kill. My strength was in my cunning. I have my father to thank for that gift." Mrithi pointed out with a grin.

Vishindo looked up to Mrithi and gave him a bored look. "Even after he abandoned you and discarded you, you are still so proud to be his son. You speak of him many times and you do your best to emulate him. He died in his hubris from what you've told us, and you are following his path Mrithi."

"What do you care?"

"I don't."

"If you didn't care for your king, then you wouldn't have said anything. Is this your subtle method of expressing your admiration?" Mrithi mused with a smirk. Vishindo felt her cheeks flush and she growled, giving Mrithi a vicious glare.

"Just because you are smarter than me, don't assume you know everything." Vishindo warned. "You might not like the truth, false king." Vishindo murmured. Mrithi from there jumped down the stone slabs and landed behind her. He moved his way next to her and sat.

"Very well. I lowered myself off my little pedestal. Where is the hubris then?" Mrithi mused with a grin. Vishindo let out a small growl and noticed the other lionesses sleeping. If she wanted to hurt Mrithi, she could so easily do it now. She was getting annoyed with his advances, yet she didn't hate them. Part of her wanted to give in to Mrithi, and to put aside her vengeance, but the other part just thought about how much she'd lost because of Baya.

"Get away from me." Vishindo warned.

"Strike me then, and I will leave you be." Mrithi mused with a smirk as he stood and walked closer towards her. Their faces were inches apart. One might be able to swipe at the tension between the two at the moment, as it was so thick. She growled quietly to herself and decided it best to just calm down. What could happen? If anything she'd be a queen after all this was over, and she'd have her own family to raise. Instead of swiping at him she pushed her head under his.

"I want revenge before anything else. I hate you for knowing me too well." she whispered silently. The last thing she needed was to look weak in front of the others. Mrithi's smirk faded as the violent female had been tamed to obey and accept her role. He picked her for the simple reason that she had great survivability and presented much assertive strength. She didn't look too bad either, minus the massive scar she had. If they were to have cubs, they would be the perfect heirs.

//

Baya looked to Simba with a blank stare. "Are you sure we should be doing this? Kiara isn't showing sound judgement. Following your heart is great when you are prancing around in the field when no one's trying to kill you...but this is just..." Baya frowned and shook his head in disbelief. Simba let out a sigh and looked ahead to the direction of the watering hole Kiara pointed out.

"Our best bet is to try, Baya. If it's a trap, then it's a trap. If we are meant to die today, then we will. There is only so much in our power. If we get this mercenary under our control, he will know Mrithi's plans and ambitions. We can prepare better and save our entire pride. If it turns out to be a trap -"

"We all will suffer the consequences. We are taking a stupid gamble." Baya murmured as he and Simba began to walk towards the watering hole.

"Either way, we are going to have losses. This way, at least the pride has a chance to get up and leave if we don't return. Your daughter and mate will be safe, I promise you." Simba murmured.

"Not everything is in the power of your promises, King." Baya responded in an annoyed tone. He knew too well that even if they managed to get away, the lands were not friendly to rogues. They would do a load of obscene things to Vitani and Bidi, then when Ukame got older, she would share that same fate. The thought of it made Baya cringe and look to the grass that he walked upon.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » February 20th, 2013, 5:11 am

As Stoker approached the place where he'd met the young lioness during the night, he caught the scent of two males on the passing breeze. He stopped and squinted, looking at the two. They were coming from the direction of Pride Rock. The little lioness must have gone and talked to them, as he'd asked her to, and they must have told her to remain home. It wasn't exactly surprising, they were probably rather suspicious about his proposal. He just hoped that he could convince them of his worth to them. He'd never betray such a wealthy employer for someone like Mrithi.

He stepped forward when they were near enough to talk. He recognized them from when he'd gone with Mrithi to Pride Rock. But then, he didn't really expect they had more than three males in there, so of course he'd recognize them. The king and the angry one. He bowed in greeting to His Royal Majesty, a little surprised that he was accompanied by a single lion.

"Ah, King Simba and Baya of the desert," he said in greeting, and as he rose continued, "I expected the pretty young lioness, and I didn't expect her until after dark. For His Majesty himself to have come, and so soon, I must have made an impression."

---

Kiara lay in the back of the den now, her mother standing above her, a few other lionesses around her. Kovu was laying beside her, his face creased with worry. The princess seemed fine now, she wasn't crying out, or complaining of pains, but Kovu was worried about his mate nonetheless. She rolled her eyes a little. She figured she'd probably caught a cold or a mild virus, it wasn't cause for all this attention.

"I'm not dying," she insisted, "Don't worry so much about me, go keep a look out for dad and the others." She said it as if the mercenary was definitely coming back with them. Kovu hoped Simba and Baya hadn't walked off into an ambush. He rose on his paws, looking down at his love. Her mother would take care of her. He'd never met a more capable lioness than Nala to care for someone.

"I'm going to get some air," he said, exiting the den. He walked out to the edge of Pride Rock, stretching his claws into the little marks he'd been told were left from Simba's struggle with Scar. They said the king had hung onto the edge of the cliff with his claws, trying desperately to hang on, until he'd learned that Scar had killed his father. That information had given Simba the strength to propel himself back onto the rock and eventually, defeat Scar. It didn't sound true, it sounded too fanciful, too much like a legend. However, every legend has a little bit of truth in it. The king had overcome Scar, and it was clear that a lion's claws and marred this rock. King Simba would be fine. Besides, he had Baya with him. If the mercenary was alone, they'd be fine- and even if he had several lionesses or even Mrithi with him, they still had a good chance of success. They were two of the strongest lions he'd ever met.

Inside the den, Kiara had voiced her thoughts to Nala. The lioness nodded and agreed it was possible, but she'd seen this before. She was pretty sure it was something else. She was worried, and hopeful that she was wrong. Mrithi's words echoed in her head as she thought about it, "You best refrain from having cubs this season, because it'll make my job alot more simple. I'd hate to have to kill them when I take over." She found Kiara's condition quite ironic, considering she'd urged her daughter to consider having cubs, and Mrithi had uttered those foul words all so close together

"Mom, what's wrong?" Kiara asked, standing and nuzzling her mother. Nala looked into the princesses eyes.

"I don't think you're ill, Kiara," she replied, her expression showing concern. Any other time this would make her happy, but not now, not with this threat on the horizon. Not with the kingdom readying for war.

"What do you mean?" the princess asked, her face wrinkling in confusion.

"Do you remember what I asked you to think about a few nights ago?"

"Oh mom, you're not still on about that, are you? Do you really want Kovu and I to consider cubs at a time like this?"

Nala looked down for a moment, then met her daughter's eyes. "Kiara, I'm afraid you may not have a choice. It's probably best if you don't leave Pride Rock for a little while."

Kiara's eyes widened as she realized what her mother was implying, and then she sank to the stone. She was unusually aware of the cool rock pressing against her stomach. Could it really be? There couldn't be a worse time for this. Even if she thought she was ready to be a mother, having cubs in times like these would just put the pride more at risk, especially her as their mother. She tried to sink down further into the stone but she couldn't. Finally, she rose on her paws.

"I need to talk to Kovu," she said, padding out of the den. As she drew near, Kovu turned to look at her.

"Kiara, are you feeling better?" he asked.

"I- Kovu, there's something I have to tell you."
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Baya » February 20th, 2013, 6:39 am

Baya could tell by the look of the mercenary that he wouldn't be easy to take down if things got ugly. Both he and Simba were ample strong enough to take him down, but it wouldn't be without alot of blood being shed on their part. His emerald gaze met with that of the mercenary as they stood before him. "No need for formalities. My daughter told me you were willing to make a deal, and that you may have information we need." Simba replied silently.

"Let's make one thing clear boy. I've dropped lions twice your size with only half my effort. Try anything here and I will kill you before you can make peace with it." Baya warned in a grim tone. Simba sighed and gave Baya a stern look.

"I thought diplomacy was the tool here, not violence? Relax Baya, he wouldn't be foolish enough to take on two experienced males. He'd have to be very sneaky for that to happen." Simba mused as he looked back to the mercenary.

"I'm guessing your name is in order, and what you are offering us." Simba said with a nod.

"He's offering us more harm than good. Why would you be so easily compelled to switch sides? Why is Mrithi letting you? You'd think a lion with some political knowledge would tie up his loose ends." Baya growled in protest.

"Baya. Enough. I brought you along for security, not diplomatic advice. The choice is ultimately mine. I want to hear him out. Calm down." Simba said before turning his gaze back to the mercenary.

"Well, I expect you to start explaining."

//

Meanwhile in the den, everyone was making a fuss about Kiara. After hearing of her pains and seeing the look on Nala's face, Bidi already knew what had happened. Ukame was impatiently sitting between her mother's paws, her small tuft of brown fair atop her head falling over her eyes. "Guh. Mom! Why doesn't dad ever let me do anything fun? I wanted to see the other pride..."

"You know he's thinking of your safety Ukame. There are alot of bad lions who will do anything to get what they want, even hurt little cubs. It's best the enemy don't know you exist." Bidi said in her calm town as she fixed her daughter's fur tuft.

"Ugh! I hate being a cub! I wanna grow up already so dad will let me have my fun and I'll get to fight!" Ukame groaned. Bidi raised an eyebrow and chuckled quietly.

"Though he may not see it, you are much like your father Ukame. I think that's what makes him worry, now that I think about it. Maybe one day you'll get to fight alongside your father, but that won't be for a very long time." Bidi responded as she gazed back over to Kiara whom was speaking to Kovu for now.

"Momma, what's wrong with the princess?" Ukame asked in a confused tone. Bidi let out a sigh and looked down to her cub. She was so bold and inquisitive. It was a wonder where she got such attributes, but Bidi didn't think of them as necessarily bad.

"Kiara is going to have cubs soon dear. You'll have someone to play with." Bidi mused silently. Ukame snorted as she stood and stretched her little body.

"Pfft. But won't that be for another few months? I mean, if the pains are happening now..." Ukame mused. Bidi raised her eyebrow in concern as she pulled her cub back in between her paws.

"Who told you about such things? I know your father wouldn't and I -"

"Aunt Vitani did. She said that not telling me the truth because I'm a cub is stupid. She said innocence is just an illusion that grown ups like to use to do things without cubs knowing." Ukame said in an almost recited way. Bidi rolled her eyes and began giving her little Ukame a bath.

"She tends to go overboard with things like her mother, but...I can't say that I'm mad at her for it. She's right. Though don't go boasting about this knowledge my little one. Knowing something is one thing, knowing when to explain it to others is another." Bidi said as she rested her chin atop her cub's head.
Baya

Postby Carl » February 23rd, 2013, 4:40 am

"My name is Stoker. I'm a vagabond. I owe Mrithi no loyalty. In order to get my allegiance he offered me things; I was offered food, prosperous lands, lionesses, whatever I could want. The only problem isㅡ those things belong to your kingdom. Well, except the lionesses, he was offering his as he intends to kill yours. I won't get anything out of working with him unless he wins. Which, he won't. His prideㅡ if it can be called thatㅡ is smaller than yours. His fighters are less muscular, they're scrawny, and they don't all follow orders well. I have more to gain by joining you even if you don't offer any special rewards," Stoker started.

He paused, and paced back and forth briefly, he needed to think quickly and convince the king to allow him to join. He wanted to get shelter, some great food, and perhaps even a lioness out of this, but he just needed some place to remain briefly once the fighting was over. He'd be ready to move on with a full belly and some quality rest. He stopped pacing, and turned his head up just a little to expose his neck. His mane had never grown in on the underside of his neck, instead trailing down his back a ways and hanging loosely in front of his face, making him look like a big, bulky adolescent, rather than an adult lion. Exposing his neck was an obvious submissive behavior, and he was hoping that would help him win over the king. It was a free chance for them to take his life.

"What I propose is a sort of truce, a compromise. If you let me stay in your lands for say, a few weeks after this conflict's conclusion, and share in your food and water, I'll tell you what else I know of Mrithi and his pride. I'll fight with you against him. If you don't accept me, I'll simply leave. I would rather return to my life as a lone wanderer than die following that false king.

"And hey, if you do agree to let me join you, why don't you assign your angry friend here to keep an eye on me and make sure I won't go back? I assure you I won't, but if I should, he should be able to easily stop me. And should he fail, Mrithi would never welcome me back after I've helped you, and I'll die for it. Either way, I'm the one at the greatest risk."

He decided to throw all of his cards on the table and bowed to the ground. Then he rolled over in the grass, completely exposing his underbelly and all of his weak spots. He leaned his head back and stared up at the duo from his spot on the ground.

"If you completely distrust me, take my life now. If not, let me join you." His voice sounded sincere, but if either of them moved to kill him, he would fight back. He knew he couldn't take them both, and he didn't want to. But if it came to that, he might be able to wound them badly enough to make a getaway. His piece said, he remained on the ground to await the king's decision.

---

Kovu's face became shocked at the news. He was to be a fatherㅡ which meant Kiara was at risk. He looked back into the den at Bidi and Ukame. He knew how Baya would react if something happened to either of them, and he'd react much the same should anything happen to Kiara and their unborn cubs. He didn't like this at all. He strode quickly back into the den and stopped beside Nala.

"Is there somewhere safer than Pride Rock? Some place safe that's far away?" he demanded. The lioness looked at him, and shook her head, but even as she was doing so, she stopped.

"Yes! There is. The jungle where Simba stayed during his exile. Where Timon and Pumbaa lived before they came here," she said, "Why?"

"I want to relocate Kiara, Bidi and Ukame there. Timon and Pumbaa should go too," he said.

"What?" Kiara protested, "No! I'm staying here, I can still help!"

"No you can't Kiara. You have to be protected. You are my mate, but not only that, you are the princess, and those cubs you're carrying will be the heirs to the throne. You have to be safe, and so do our cubs," he told her.

The princess swished her tail agitatedly, glaring at him. She knew he was right, but she didn't like it. She didn't want to be pushed to the side, even if it was for her protection. She wanted to be here, with her family, fighting alongside them if it came to that and helping them to negotiate if it didn't.

"Alright, fine. When Daddy gets back we can talk to him about this," she consented.

"Someone should go with them, to be their defense," Nala said.

"I'll go," Kovu volunteered.

"No, you'll be needed here, with Simba," Nala declared firmly, "I think Vitani should go. Or myself."

"We'll talk to Simba when he returns," the male said, turning and returning to the edge of Pride Rock. He sat, staring out into the distance as the wind gently tugged at his mane, looking out for the king. He had to get Kiara out of here, he had to get her somewhere safe. He had to make sure that nothing happened to her, or to Baya's mate and child. He didn't want any of them to be hurt. That jungle seemed to be the safest place to move them to. After all, didn't the stories say that Simba had lived there in exile with his two unlikely friends, the meerkat and the warthog, for yearsㅡ for the duration of Scar's reign? Kiara would be safe there, and Simba would agree.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Previous

Return to Lion King Roleplaying