[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Pride of Baghdad (A What If RP - DGFone) — My Lion King Forum

Pride of Baghdad (A What If RP - DGFone)

Pride of Baghdad (A What If RP - DGFone)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 10th, 2012, 4:35 pm

Spoiler: show
From the last line of my first post, continue on as if Zill never got shot at that point ^.^

Characters -

Zill - DGFone
Safa - AmyMarie
Noor - AmyMarie
Ali - DGFone
Tawniee (viewtopic.php?f=38&t=24945) - AmyMarie

----
The four lions sat upon the hill of rubble and ruins, gazing out at the deep orangey red horizon. Watching the it devour the sun bit by bit, a sunset. Noor was in a world of her own, "It's beautiful, it's-". It was then she suddenly remembered Safa. She could not see the wonder in front of them. "Forgive me Safa, I forgot that you can't-".

"Don't apologize. I've heard this tiresome description of this moment a hundred thousand times. I see it better than you do", Safa replied, almost harshly. However, deep down, she felt a twinge of sadness. Quickly hiding it, she walked over to Zill who she could smell beside her. "So", she started, "Was it worth it old man? For this?".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Pride of Baghdad (A What If RP - DGFone)

Postby DGFone » September 10th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Zill grunted at Safa. "Perhaps," was all he replied, watching the sun as it disappeared down under the horizon. Soon enough, no more of the sun was visible, and he decided that it was time to move. "Come on, the sun's gone. Let's find a place more suitable for the night." As much as he personally liked the sunset, he didn't like how exposed he felt they were now. Too many strange things had happened lately for him to be comfortable at any one spot for long.

Ali continued to stare at where the sun had gone to, having finally seeing his first ever sunset. Unlike Zill, he didn't want to move anywhere now, and was already eager to wait for when the sun will rise up again, so that he can also be able to see his first sunrise.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 11th, 2012, 7:12 am

"Finally some sense spoken", Safa said sternly as she began to sense her way back down the hill of rubble. Occasionally she let out a small 'oof' when she had stepped on something sharp she couldn't see, but she wasn't about to kick up a fuss about it. Noor padded over to her son and picked him up by the scruff,

"Come on you, you'll see another sunset soon enough". She smiled for a moment though, they were free, they'd be seeing many sunsets and sunrises from now on. She glanced down at Safa, who she urged to tell to be careful, but she knew the old lioness could handle herself even without her other eye.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby DGFone » September 11th, 2012, 7:17 am

Deciding to take the lead, Zill trotted forwards so that he was in front of the others. "I've seen enough strange things today to last a lifetime, so were no going to stay for the night in just any old place. I want to make sure that we will be safe during the night." Making sure that they were following him, he lead his little pride through the ruined streets, looking for a place that looked suitable to rest in. Unfortunately, with the sun set, the darkness was rapidly settling in, but he didn't find any place that he thought will work, even for one night.

Not knowing how to navigate through the city, Zill stopped suddenly when he found himself on the edge of the buildings and the open desert. He allowed Noor to come to his side before telling her what he thought. "We might be safer out in the open, where we can see everything. At least, I say we go out into the open and find a good place out there instead of the buildings where we came from."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 11th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Although Safa could not see it get dark, she could sense it. It was times like this she was glad she had gotten used to having only one eye. She'd get accustomed to none soon enough. Noor looked around her, "I agree, we better settle down soon though, Ali's getting tired". She glanced down at her cub, who she had put down for a moment. He looked very tired indeed. Safa gave a huff and stood alongside Zill and Noor.

Noor glanced at her, "It's a desert Safa-",
"I know, there's sand in my nostrils. Well, if we don't die out there, we'll certainly die back there. I say we go for it as well", she replied coolly, padding out onto the still warm sand. Noor picked up Ali and did so too. The two lionesses found the sand underneath their paws a nice comfort, it was better than trudging through rubble.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby DGFone » September 11th, 2012, 9:26 pm

Zill lead them through the desert, searching for anything that they can use as a shelter. They were walking for so long, he was seriously considering turning around and going back to the city. At a certain point, he had to stop when some sand got into his nose and he had to sneeze. Out of the corner of his eyes, he spotted a small group of trees. "We can stop there for tonight. The trees should keep us safe from the sand if it starts to blow."

As soon as he said this, Noor quickly walked over to the trees, and Zill and Safa had no other option but to follow them. They settled down underneath the small trees, with Ali curling up next to Noor, grateful not to being carried around anymore.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 12th, 2012, 7:19 am

The sky was somewhat clear that night, and Noor looked up to the stars. Even though they could see them in the zoo sometimes, something about seeing them out in the wild was better. Safa however had her head on her paws as she tried to make sense of the day. If she had been younger, she knew she'd be more emotional about it. Safa didn't like to show weakness now.

Noor leant over to Zill and gave him a nuzzle,
"Goodnight". She glanced at Safa and said the same, the old lioness huffed and murmered what sounded like a 'night'. It took a while for both lionesses to fall asleep, but when they did, it was relatively undisturbed.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby DGFone » September 12th, 2012, 7:54 am

Zill was slightly surprised when Noor nuzzled him, but he quickly found his senses and returned the gesture. When they pried apart, he lay down where he can keep an eye on the other. He made sure that Ali, who was snoring quietly between Noor and Safa, would not be able to wander off anywhere on his own. Once he was satisfied that everyone were as safe as they can be, Zill closed his eyes and allowed himself to fall asleep.

---

Only to wake up sometime later when a loud thundering noise shattered the peaceful night sky. Zill sat up, blinking and groaning as he tried to figure out what was going on.

Ali was also woken up by the loud noise, and tried to cover his ears with his paws, but it did little to help. "What's going on? What's that noise?" He looked around with wide eyes, trying to see anything, at the same time backing up to Noor's side.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » September 13th, 2012, 7:03 am

Noor's eyes snapped open. A rumble like thunder filled her ears as she raised her head.
"Ali...you ok baby?", she asked, looking down at her cub who had backed into her for comfort. Safa meanwhile had grunted and rolled over on her side to face the direction of the others.
"Sounds like thunder", she said in a tired fed up voice.

Automatically looking to the sky. She disappointed herself though, almost forgetting she couldn't see.
"Can you see anything Zill?", the two lionesses almost simultaneously asked, but Noor got there first. Safa was actually quite happy about that, she didn't want to accept the fact she was fully blind, and asking about seeing stuff wasn't going to help.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby DGFone » September 13th, 2012, 8:48 am

As soon as Safa mentioned that the noise sounded like thunder, Ali was able to relax slightly. "Just thunder? Why is it not raining then?" Slowly, his fear turned into confusion and curiosity. Before, whenever there would be thunder, it would be raining at the same time. That, and... "and where's all the lightning? Why is it just thunder?"

Zill looked up at the sky, frowning when he saw the stars above him. Zill was right: there should be more than just noise. Even if they won't be able to see the lightning, there should have at least been clouds. He never knew a time when there was thunder without clouds. Remembering that Safa couldn't see, he described the lack of anything. "Just stars. Night sky and stars. No clouds, no rain, no lighting... no nothing. Just the night sky and thunder." He tore his eyes away from the sky, not seeing anything that required his attention. "Something's not right."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to Lion King Roleplaying