[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna) — My Lion King Forum

From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna)

Re: From Princess to Rogue (Juliette & Kuna)

Postby Carl » June 17th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Kimitar was confused by this whole incident. It had been weird enough waking up in a den. Now she was surrounded by other lions, one of which was laying down next to her as if they were great friends of some time. She looked around as a third lioness, this one gray and sporting a tuft of blonde hair atop her head, entered the den.

"I was attacked by hyenas. They stole my kill, and I distracted them so my sister could escape. Now can somebody please tell me just what exactly is going on here?" she demanded. Nafsi smirked and stayed where she was in the entrance to the den. She didn't like how closely Nguvu was laying to this stranger, especially since they didn't yet know how she would react to them.

"You were laying out in the desert. Nguvu here saved you. You'll have to ask him why. Myself, I think it's time you answered some questions. We still don't know who you are, or what you were doing out there," she said, eyeing the chocolate lioness. Kimitar narrowed her eyes a bit at the other lioness, but then felt her face contort with sadness as she thought about Notai, and their fool's errand to save Sky.

"I'm Kimitar," she mumbled, "And I was out there because... I left my pride because... It doesn't matter. I didn't want to be there anyway." Nafsi scoffed.

"Great. You just had to rescue the one that has no where to go back to, didn't you Nguvu?" she taunted, "We're turning into a pride ourselves at this rate." With that, she rolled her eyes and went back outside, flicking her tail.

Kimitar looked after her, puzzled, unsure as to what had offended the gray lioness, as to what she should say, and as to what she should do.

---------

Notai sighed when she heard her father calling. She moved away from Jongeni and smiled weakly up at him. He placed a paw gently on hers. His eyes were full of determination.

"Notai, I will find your sister. Go in and get some rest, you need it," he said. She nodded, looking out at the horizon again, hoping to see Kimitar approaching in the distance. Still, there was nothing as far as she could see but darkness and night. She sighed and stood, turning towards the den. She stopped a moment later when she realized that hadn't said goodnight.

"Good night, Jongeni, and good luck," she said, looking over her shoulder at him.

"Good night, Notai."

With that, she wandered into the den and laid down beside her parents. She snuggled her mother lovingly, hoping that this would be over soon, hoping that she would be able to see her sister again soon. As she was closing her eyes, Hisani approached her son.

"Jongeni, you're not going to find her..." she said.

"That's a lie!" he snapped.

"Realistically speaking, she's either gone or dead. She's not coming back, my son..."

"No. She will. She has to. I promised Notai I'd find her, and I promised everyone else, too. She's out there, and she's alive. She will come back, one way or another," he insisted.

"I admire your determination, but sometimes we just have to let go..." his mother pressed, thinking of when she'd lost her mate.

"No! I will not give up on her!" Jongeni shouted, bounding off of the rock and sprinting away, his mother calling after him. He couldn't believe the things she was saying. He would find Kimitar, he had to. In fact, he'd find her tonight, on his own, or he wouldn't return to Pride Rock. There was no point in staying there if he failed to do what he'd sworn he must- and that was to protect and defend his pride, and the royal family.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Previous

Return to Lion King Roleplaying