[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - When You Need To Move On (DGFone and VitanisMate) — My Lion King Forum

When You Need To Move On (DGFone and VitanisMate)

When You Need To Move On (DGFone and VitanisMate)

Postby DGFone » June 3rd, 2011, 7:27 am

Private RP between VitanisMate and DGFone. RP summary here: viewtopic.php?f=101&t=16968

Frank groaned and opened his eyes. His head hurt tremendously. For a while, he didn't move, simply trying to understand why he felt so bad. He tried to remember:

He was flying alone in his single-engine plane. Then a freak storm came. He lost control... Frank groaned again. He had to get up and call for help. It was a miracle he was still alive, but now that was the least of his problems. Where the storm took him, he didn't know. He tried moving, but his body protested in pain. Come on. You need to get up! he told himself. He tried again, but all he managed to do was move his arm from under his body before he collapsed from the pain.

Breathing hard, Frank figured he might as well look around and try to figure out where he was. Raising his head, he looked. It was dark outside, clearly nighttime. Around him, he saw a few trees, mostly grass. Wait, why wasn't he in a trashed cockpit? If the seatbelt failed and broke on impact, and he was thrown out, it was amazing that he survived at all. Ignoring his pain, Frank looked behind him, and froze.

Where was the plane? There was no wreckage. No metal. It was then that he also realized that he couldn't see any city lights, not even on the horizon. The area was much flatter than the gentle, rolling California hills where he came from. And the storm could not have possibly have taken him far enough to remove him completely from civilization. And then take the plane with it...

What was wrong? Frank was begging to panic. So many things didn't make sense. When his other senses began to come back, he didn't feel right. His body... it felt different. Frank brought up an arm in front of his face, and froze for real this time. Instead of a human arm, mutilated or not, he saw a paw. Covered in fur. Like with a cat. Frank's eyes widened with fear.

"What's going on? Why am I-?" He asked no one in particular. Forgetting his pain, he got up and ran. A whole two feet before he lost his balance, stumbled, and fell over. He tried running like a human, on two feet. When Frank turned around to look at his body, he saw more fur. He was no longer a human...

"Why is my body not..." he couldn't talk anymore. He was confused, dazed, in pain, and lost. Not only physically, but he swore he was lost mentally as well. You don't switch species. It never happens. Not like this... Frank thought to himself. I must be dreaming. I'll wake up fine. Or badly hurt. But human. I am dreaming. he rationalized.

But the pain was too real. He was too aware of everything for it to be a dream. But it could still be one. It had to be.

Frank got one idea. He would run. He would pick a direction and run. Until he woke up. Slowly, he got up. At first, he again tired to get up on two legs, and promptly fell back down. Grimly, he got up on his four legs. Not two arms and legs, but simply four legs. No arms, no hands, no human features that he lived with.

Frank looked up at the sky. It still looked the same as the last time he got a good look at it. Light pollution from his home prevented all but the brightest stars from showing through. But he cheated by using stellar programs on his computer at home, along with the internet. How many times he bored his family to death by chattering about the VLA...

Frank looked down at the horizon. He saw something on the horizon. He got his direction. Not to run... Frank tried to move two legs at a time. He stumbled and fell. Getting up again, he tired not to think. Just move. Move like you always knew how to. To his surprise, Frank moved a few steps. But as soon as he tried to consciously find out what he was doing, he fell over again. Alright. Don't think about it and run. Run for the goal. Run for the morning! Frank took off running, still falling over very often, making him hurt even more than he already was. But he didn't care. He stopped thinking. Mind on the goal. Run.

Nala woke up when the lightning started. Sighing with annoyance, she tried to go back to sleep. But this was weird. Wan't it the dry season? There shouldn't be any storms now. Closing her eyes, she placed her head on Simba's mane, using it as a cushion. She will ask him or Rafiki about it tomorrow...
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: When You Need To Move On (DGFone and VitanisMate)

Postby VitanisMate » September 7th, 2011, 2:40 am

Getting up the next morning Simba quietly slipped away so he wouldn't wake up his mate. The sun was still below the horizon but Simba always woke up before the sun rised so that he could have a good view of his kingdom. He had a strange dream last night. He dreamed...lightning...some wierd metal object in the sky...and a lion? He put it out of his mind. "Oh just a dream to forget about." He continued looking until he saw that the sun rose up in the sky and smiled. "I am glad I never miss this. It is a wonderful view this morning." He looked around and noticed nothing and continued walking for the morning. He looked around and all of the animals seemed accounted for.

Meanwhile, Kopa woke up late and yawned a heavy yawn. Unlike his father he loved to sleep in and enjoy his rest. He figured that when he is king he'll lose a lot of sleep so why waste it now eh? He got up silently but noticed that most of the lions were already awake. He then noticed his mother, "Oh hello mother how are you this morning? Dad's already gone I assume?"
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hey Cyrus you are no longer allowing PMs.

Nickname(s): VM
Pride Points: 6

Postby DGFone » September 7th, 2011, 5:02 am

Nala looked at Kopa and smiled. "Good morning, Kopa," she greeted, "yes, Simba's already up and enjoying the day." She looked at the sunrise as Kopa went over next to her. "And you should be, too. Go on, Kopa." She watched Kopa run off.

Frank kept on running through the night. But as morning started to replace the darkness, he was starting to tire. Eventually, he was ready to collapse at any moment, so he found a large tree and lay under it, closing his eyes. Everything will work out. It had to.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » September 7th, 2011, 7:03 am

When Frank woke up there was a baboon right in his face. "Asante sana, squah banana...well hello there kinda far from home no?" The creature smiled very curiously at him, "I mean far away..."

Kopa smiled and went outside of the cave as he enjoyed the day. "Ah what a nice day outside. I hope it will stay like this..." He looked around and saw nothing but eventually hs father showed up. Kopa smiled, "Hello father." Simba smiled as well and went in with Nala, "I had the strangest dream last night..."
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » September 7th, 2011, 7:34 am

Nala sat down next to Simba, and allowed Kopa to snuggle up against her. "Really, what kind of dream was it?" She asked. When the first thing Simba talked about during the day was a dream, it had to be good. Or at least, better than the usual gossip and event about the Pridelands that Zazu brought up in a morning report. "Was it a god unusual, bad unusual or... unusual unusual?" She asked, smiling.

Frank groaned when he opened his eyes and saw a baboon right in his face. He was shocked and sprang back, groaning as his sore limbs protested at the sudden movement. He quickly checked himself over and was not pleased to see that he was still a... lion, now that he had more light to see by. He looked at the baboon again. "Yeah, you can say that," he simply said, surprising himself by his lack of emotion in his voice, as though he was already used to it. Most likely he was too shocked to react, probably. "Who are you?" He finally asked the monkey. "And you seem to know about where I am, so where exactly am I?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » September 7th, 2011, 5:42 pm

Simba paused and said, "Well I dreamed of lightning, a thing in the sky, and a lion...sppearing from nowhere." He paused and said, "Ah just a strange dream it makes no difference." Kopa went ahead and walked away from them towards the pridelands and looked out, "Oh I can't wait to take over this place. I mean I don't mean to sound like a cub here but being the king will be great." He went ahead and started to walk around.

The baboon however said, "My name is of no importance to you. Yes I do know where you are. You see what has happened to you is no accident. You will keep walking that way and discover a large rock, and upon it you will find more lions who will take care of you, better than you have of them at least stranger." He pointed towards the direction. "Now go on hop to it." He hit him on the head to get him to move faster. He then said, "Remember when you get there ask for King Simba and the others will understand."
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Postby DGFone » September 7th, 2011, 6:36 pm

Nala nuzzled Simba as Kopa ran off. "Oh, I'm sure this dream has a deeper meaning than you think." She told him. "It's too strange for it not to mean anything. After all, what was the thing in the sky you saw? Could it be a sing from Mufasa?"

Frank winced when the monkey hit him over the head. "You don't need to do that!" He complained. He started running, but stopped almost right away. "Wait! How do I go back?" He asked. "How do I get back home?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » September 7th, 2011, 7:15 pm

The baboon only said, "This will be your home until further notice. You see none of this is an accident. When you have learned something you will go home perhaps."

Simba sighed, "Some wierd looking bird I dunno." He sighed and said, "I doubt it matters I mean seeing my father is one thing but seeing images that don't make any sense is another. I mean it was just a strange dream I'm sure..." Kopa continued walking away from the Pridelands a little.
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Postby DGFone » September 7th, 2011, 7:46 pm

Frank was not amused. "And what do you mean by that?" He asked, narrowing his eyes. "You know, don't even bother answering. You are insane, and that's a fact." He turned and stormed off, feeling angry and confused. "How did this happen anyways?" He asked himself. "One moment just flying through the air like I did plenty of times before, and then... pow! I'm a lion!" H grunted. "Need to learn something, year right! I'm in school for a reason! Or was, until now..." He looked back and saw the monkey far behind him. "You have a lot of explaining to do!" He shouted, before walking off.

Soon enough, the rocky formation the monkey talked about appeared over the horizon. Frank stopped and looked back, checking to see if the monkey was following him. He wasn't. Shrugging, Frank turned towards the large boulders and proceeded to walk towards them. Here goes nothing...

Nala smiled. "Maybe it was just a dream," she also concluded. "But normally when you dream things, you know what you see." She laughed a little. "Guess we'll never know, shall we?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » September 7th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Suddenly Kopa crashed right into Frank, "Oh I'm so sorry pardon me!" He quickly got up and said, "Hey stranger what are you doing here anyway? You know you were travelling through dangerous territory back there. Some bad lions could have killed you."

Simba also smiled, "Yeah maybe you're right." He then said, "Rafiki told me a strange thing also the other day. He said that something will happen that will change everyone's views." He shook his head, "Well who knows he has been proven right before right?"
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Next

Return to Lion King Roleplaying