[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - EDC (Everyday Carry) — My Lion King Forum

EDC (Everyday Carry)

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

EDC (Everyday Carry)

Postby Simbaholikov » June 5th, 2016, 1:46 pm

So I saw this topic on another place and thought I'd make a topic here about it. :P

Basically you post pictures here of items you'd consider essential enough to carry in your everyday life. (And list them.)

So here's mine right now.

From top to bottom:

-Boker Knife.
-Victorinox Swiss Knife.
-Sony Xperia.
-Vostok Mechanical Watch.
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: EDC (Everyday Carry)

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 6th, 2016, 5:52 pm

It my time to shine.

Spoiler: show

1. Wallet if I'm not forgetting it and regretting it when I'm out whoops
2. Phone and earphones for music because smoking isn't cool
3. Camo Swiss knife, IMMA VOLUNTEER RANGER YOU DON'T GET TO JUDGE ME.

Wait, what is this? It appears there is something, something very vital I am missing here...

Oh!

Spoiler: show

How could I forget?

1. Compulsory Greek flag provided by the Greek state to be kissed everyday by 8AM while singing Hymn to Liberty.
2. The Communist Manifesto to get me through the average day of a bourgeois society.

...okay. Not really.
Last edited by KopsTheTerminator on June 13th, 2016, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Regulus » June 6th, 2016, 8:36 pm

Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby KopsTheTerminator » June 7th, 2016, 7:20 pm

^ Your problem amused me more than it should have.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Carl » June 9th, 2016, 5:38 pm

My phone is the only thing I always carry, and like Regs, I can't take a picture of it. It's a Samsung Galaxy S5 with a The Walking Dead case on it. The only other things I'm likely to carry are my keys and my wallet.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby FlipMode » June 11th, 2016, 12:39 am

DSC_0206[1].JPG

All of this stuff is in my backpack, pockets or on me at almost all times.

Starting from the top we have wireless headphones, these are Powerbeats 2. They just connect via bluetooth. I was a bit sceptic to wireless at first because the battery life but these I just charge before I use them and they have never run out of battery on me. I think they got to about half way down once.

Below that are cigarettes and a lighter because I'm the one idiot on MLK who smokes.

Next to that is a puncture repair kit. I cycle everywhere. to work, to town etc. Like anywhere I don't need to use public transport or sponge a lift from someone, I cycle. So yep. Also good to have because other people may need it as well.

Below that to the right is my phone. iPhone 6S. I love it like a son, just wish the battery and music player were a bit better.

To the left of that is my pen. Its a multi tool pen, there's a ruler on the base and a spirit level, the styles end can unscrew off to reveal a double headed screwdriver. Stylus works great with my phone. I wear gloves in the winter because its freezing here so I use the styles sometimes.

Swiss Army Knife to the left of that, I probably use this the most of all the mini tools I own. Camping, cycling and even just moving things from one place to another more comfortably. If I was ever made to survive in a jungle or something alone, I'd probably have this as the one thing to take with me.

To the left of that is another multi tool, just a pair of pliers with a mini knife, torch and a few other bits. I only really have this because the swiss knife I have didn't have pliers. A useful thing to have with you if something comes loose on the bike or you want to swap anything out.

Small Mag Light next to that. It gets dark pretty fast over here, especially in the winter. Parks are pretty much a dog crap mine field. Really useful little torch, if I'm working through to midnight its like pitch black and all the lights are off, so yeah.

Then there's my watch, its a Garmin Fenix 3. I use it to track running, cycling, gym workouts, the time and of course the GPS and steps counter. Its also tracking my sleep as well as a silent alarm. Also connects to my phone to show notifications, calls, texts and music controls. So I don't need to get my phone out, I just do stuff through this. Incredibly useful. Also use it for geocaching :D

To the right of that is my gym key, I go to the gym at least every other day and often go right after work, so I leave it attached to my other keys and there's a C3PO Lego minifig keychain there too :P

Memory stick to the right of that, it has my company information and other such stuff on there. BAsically any important documents I may need to be able to get access to our on it. I got it free when I went sky diving and just used it for that since it folds in and stuff :)

Above that is my wallet. Yep

And a spare battery for the Maglight in case it runs out, again, yep.

And then there's a Skyrim necklace, I wear it most of the time, its sort of a good luck charm.

Also there's always either a bottle of water or Lucozade sport.

PHEW!
I know it sounds like a lot but its all lightweight and is stuff I use almost daily so it all goes in my backpack (IDK why people don't use backpacks instead of letting everything weigh you down and then not have something when you need it)

In addition to those things:
Depending on what I'm doing there will be other equipment (gym stuff if going there, extra cycling stuff if cycling, fishing stuff, airsooft stuff) but yeah, that all depends what I am planning to do that day.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby juhouh » June 11th, 2016, 1:33 am

Phone, travel card, beer bottle opener, key, wallet

(e: better this way)
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby Leviara_Lioness » June 17th, 2016, 3:11 pm

EDC for me:
ID Card, 7 inch titanium military utility knife foldable, Keys, Gargoyle sunglasses, pen to write with and pad, steel brass knuckles.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Leviara_Lioness
Israeli Princess Lioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Israeli Princess Cleopah Lioness

Nickname(s): Sarbi, Cleopah, Jasmine, Cleo, Levi or Levira
Pride Points: 59

Postby Carl » January 18th, 2017, 11:51 pm

Now that I make money and have been able to buy things and have a reason to carry my wallet, here's my EDC.
2017-01-18 16.43.41.jpg

First we have my wallet. Look at it, being all Star Wars-y. Then there's my pocket knife, because of course those are useful. Next to it, a lighter, I don't smoke, but a lighter could also come in handy sometimes (though I really only use it at home for lighting incense). Then there's my keys and nail clippers, with, yes, Sasuke and Daryl keychains. I'm a dork. There's also my multitool, which has pliers, a bottle opener, and other random potentially useful stuff. And around it all is a pair of cheap headphones cos my fancy ones broke and I can't afford to replace them.

I also still carry my phone (same as previously described) and on long trips bring along the charging cord for it.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Si-Amber » January 19th, 2017, 12:11 am

Not pictured is my Nokia Lumia Windows Phone because I was using it to take the pics.

Ciggies & lighter, wallet, keys and Filofax (because I'm a 90s yuppie).
Attachments
WP_20170118_22_56_47_Pro.jpg
Si-Amber

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 74

Return to Fun and Games