MLK Christmas Tree 2014

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: MLK Christmas Tree 2014

Postby MalibuTrashDog » January 14th, 2015, 3:56 am

Maybe you guys can do like Lilymud does with their Secret Santa and ban whoever doesn't hand something in on time from entering the next year.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby Shadowfax » January 14th, 2015, 9:59 am

^ I think that may indeed be put in place next year.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Arbystrider » January 14th, 2015, 10:35 am

That sounds a little extreme...

I think the social pressure is enough.

If not, then there's always de-pride-pointing we can do.
ImageImageImage
Arbystrider
A semi-Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The peace the evening brings.

Nickname(s): Arby
Pride Points: 15

Postby SilverIngot » January 14th, 2015, 2:31 pm

[quote="Arbystrider"]I literally just whipped this up in a half-hour for SilverIngot. Typical me-style userbar.

If there's anything you want changed, just tell me about it and I'll see if I can have it done.

EDIT: Yes, I get it, it's an iron ingot from Minecraft. Sue me.[/quote]

Thanks, it's great! I'll add it to my signature when I get to my PC.

My Secret Santa gift isn't ready yet, I was running late on it already, but now I need to wait for the commission to be completed. I feel really bad XD

EDIT: The commission is actually ready now, so here you go Tsuki!

Spoiler: show

I would really appreciate if you gave the artist credit (http://stormsgonewrong.tumblr.com) by putting his URL in your siggy or something. Sorry about it being late, but enjoy nonetheless!
Last edited by SilverIngot on January 16th, 2015, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
(Banner by Arbystrider)

"hammerkind? ok that will be the permanent allocation for your specibus. i guess i should have mentioned that hope you like hammers dude!" - Dave Strider
SilverIngot

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Silver
Pride Points: 2

Postby KingKivuli » January 15th, 2015, 10:40 pm

Ive been keeping an eye on this and the whole gifting issue and, I have got to agree on it. I gave pretty much a months notice before this thread came up which is much longer than previous years so there really isnt many excuses for it. Needless to say I will be checking up on who owes who what and those who havnt given a gift, I will make a note of for next year

Also Arbystrider, what social pressure? No one forced anyone to take part, it was the persons choice and, sorry to say, that if people do pull their weight of it, thats not fair. In regards to the whole pride point thing.. just.. don't it has nothing to do with anything and is a bit petty, its almost like removing a PP cause you thik someone looks funny, being removed off the gift list is a fair enough punishment, no negative PP please
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Gemini » January 15th, 2015, 10:58 pm

[quote="KingKivuli"]
Also Arbystrider, what social pressure? [/quote]

I think by social pressure he meant that people get upset at people who don't give gifts. Nobody wants to be that person who's known for not giving anyone anything (presumably, anyway).

That said, I think more stress should be put on the fact that only those who are sure they have time will enter. If someone chooses to do so anyway and doesn't give a gift or is more than a few days late, then I think a one-year ban from the event could be used as punishment (or multiple years/permaban for repeat offenders, though hopefully it won't need to go that far).

Hopefully that should discourage people from entering but not giving a gift.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby OuRaion » January 16th, 2015, 9:15 am

I still haven't gotten anything.

I don't think I'll participate this year.
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Postby Carl » January 16th, 2015, 9:50 am

^ I thought Flip was getting something to you? :?

[quote="Flip_FTW"]OuRaion

I'll PM you to get yours done, also check your Steam account :)
[/quote]
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby OuRaion » January 16th, 2015, 2:02 pm

I had just thought he had forgotten, seeing as it's been almost a week since he said that. Have just received a PM from him, so it's all good.
OuRaion

Pride Points: 60

Postby FlipMode » January 16th, 2015, 2:06 pm

[quote="Julie Skywalker"]^ I thought Flip was getting something to you? :?

[quote="Flip_FTW"]OuRaion

I'll PM you to get yours done, also check your Steam account :)
[/quote][/quote]

Didn't go according to plan. I should have sent a PM explaining what happened though, sorry dude. I have sent one now.

But this is exactly why I think Tsuki's idea or some kind of variant of it, is a great idea. If the person who was originally gifting OuRaion had done his gift in the first place, this wouldn't have even been a problem.
I know I sound like a baby saying that but it doesn't stop it from being true.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games