MLK Christmas Tree 2014

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: MLK Christmas Tree 2014

Postby Ninaroja » January 2nd, 2015, 10:52 pm

I am sitting down to finish mine now!! Uber apologies!!! I was given a lot of overtime shifts this week Dx
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Shadowfax » January 9th, 2015, 11:21 am

Did you guys need a hand at all?
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Tsuki » January 9th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Come on guys, its getting a bit much now. You've had plenty of time to get your half up and though you may have been busy, so have others who have done theirs. I mean heck even Shadow has offered to help you so you could get them in on time. It's getting a bit silly now IMO.

Also, I think for next time a new rule should be put in place. To make sure everyone gets their picture/graphic etc, once you have finished your Secret Santa picture, people taking part should email it / PM me the person in charge of the Secret Santa or just let them know that it's finished. Then once the person in charge has collected a confirmation from everyone, they will give you the go-ahead to post them on the forum. Thus making sure that everyone receives a picture. If a confirmation isn't sent then you wont get your picture/graphic. Simple as.

This has worked on another forum I am on and I honestly think this is fair as it's not right for someone to put in time and effort to make someone a gift and not get anything back IMO. If I'm well I don't mind doing this.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Shadowfax » January 9th, 2015, 10:12 pm

^ Ditto. Things always go well on that forum and for the last three years its been a real success :3 I think those rules put in place over here would be a great idea and even though I'll be a bit busy next year haha, ill be happy to help with the organisation of it.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby FlipMode » January 10th, 2015, 2:11 am

For Haraka

I made you a Vitani sig to go with your avatar since you didn't have too much in your sig already. Hope you like it! Image

OuRaion

I'll PM you to get yours done, also check your Steam account :)

Thanks to Tsuki and Shadowfax up there for the kick up the rear I needed to get mine done, I already got my gift done on time but I did promise I'd help with those who didn't get one. And finally got around to that ^^
Sorry I hadn't got it finished sooner. I have a reason but not an excuse and I won't go into it here anyway.

So if I'm not mistaken its only DGFone now still waiting, and other such Sum 41 references.
Ninja said she was doing his gift.
(Do PM either me or Shadowfax if you need to! :))

[quote="Tsuki"]
Also, I think for next time a new rule should be put in place. To make sure everyone gets their picture/graphic etc, once you have finished your Secret Santa picture, people taking part should email it / PM me the person in charge of the Secret Santa or just let them know that it's finished. Then once the person in charge has collected a confirmation from everyone, they will give you the go-ahead to post them on the forum. Thus making sure that everyone receives a picture. If a confirmation isn't sent then you wont get your picture/graphic. Simple as[/quote]

Sounds good to me! :)
Might want to run the idea past KK at some point if yourself or anyone else would be so nice as to run some sort of confirmation system.
My SS actually contacted me saying they had almost forgot and what stuff did I like etc lol so it would help with stuff like that too.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Haraka » January 10th, 2015, 2:39 am

Thanks flip , I definitively appreciate the effort! It'll be put to use right away :D
Haraka

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Gemini » January 10th, 2015, 11:52 pm

[quote="Tsuki"]Also, I think for next time a new rule should be put in place. To make sure everyone gets their picture/graphic etc, once you have finished your Secret Santa picture, people taking part should email it / PM me the person in charge of the Secret Santa or just let them know that it's finished. Then once the person in charge has collected a confirmation from everyone, they will give you the go-ahead to post them on the forum. Thus making sure that everyone receives a picture. If a confirmation isn't sent then you wont get your picture/graphic. Simple as. [/quote]

Makes sense, but... what happens if someone puts effort into making something but the other person who has to make one for them never does anything? Would theirs not be posted for anyone? I feel like that'd be a lot of work for nothing, and not necessarily fair, either.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, I think I'm just a little confused by the concept, or perhaps how it was worded. :? Probably my bad. .____.

Now, I'm not sure how this contest has been run here in the past, this being my first time, but if this has been a consistent problem every time I would also urge everyone not to join unless you were sure you could deliver (kinda referencing myself here a bit, since I'm guilty too). Real life does happen, but for my part, I knew I would be busy around Christmas yet still volunteered anyway. It ended up getting pushed to a last minute thing. I barely got mine up in time, and it wasn't to the extent that I had hoped for. :/

So although you might have good intentions, be honest with yourself on the amount of time you can give to this. If you don't think you can one year, then it's better just not to enter than to enter but not end up giving anything to anyone else.

Just my two cents.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Tsuki » January 11th, 2015, 2:51 pm

Hmmmm...I suppose the best way I can describe it is that if someone doesn't do their SS, then they don't get an SS. But if say someone has put the time and effort in to do one and doesn't get anything in return then I could doodle them something as a thank you for taking part giftie. But no-one should get away with a free gift IMO. This method is done on another forum I am on and it works really well so.

I also agree with what you've said about those who take part need to be sure they can finish.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby FlipMode » January 12th, 2015, 12:37 am

I can see how some might think that's a little unfair, if someone takes the time to make a gift for someone, only for that person to have their gift held hostage if the recipient doesn't make theirs. lol
But then that's kind of the point, don't enter unless you can finish it and then you won't be that person. So it does sort of even it out a bit :D
Well, I would be all for something like that anyways :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Ninaroja » January 12th, 2015, 1:55 am

FINALLY I'M DONE :gasp2: and I come armed with an excuse (standard me, really)

- Story was done
- Computer dun goofed and went full herp
- File was deleted
- Frustration ensued
- Had to rewrite it

There's the short version - I was getting it done as fast as I could, honestly. I was even writing on the back of discarded receipts at work when my manager wasn't looking (unfortunately for me, my uniform has no pockets, and I have the paper-cut from hell having stored them in my bra :lol:)

But anyway

HAPPY EXTREMELY-LATE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR DGFONE

I know how much you liked my story "Ascension", so I wrote a spiritual successor for it - mutual gift givers! Adding your sig to mine ASAP :cheese:

E N J O Y

Well, I think I'm the last person. You can wrap this up now guys, sorry again! :sad: Maybe next year I'll finally give in a gift on time...
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games