Your favourite Disney movie besides TLK

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: Your favourite Disney movie besides TLK

Postby Arani » June 21st, 2014, 8:46 pm

my favorites would have to be Cinderella, The Princess and the Frog, Maleficent, and Lilo and Stitch. Though I love all disney films those ones are pretty important to me. I also liked Frozen. =P
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby ScarsLove » June 22nd, 2014, 12:02 am

The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Frozen ( does this count? )

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Lauren » June 22nd, 2014, 12:10 am

Treasure Planet
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Timon8 » June 22nd, 2014, 8:47 am

Treasure Planet's great. Watched it in a time when it really helped me.
''When the world turns it back on you, you turn your back on the world!''
Timon8
I see carnivores...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata!

Pride Points: 5

Postby ScarHades » June 23rd, 2014, 10:26 am

Definitely Mulan for me, though I still hate Shan-Yu and still I wish Scar could fight him and kill him and maul him to death.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 22nd, 2014, 1:38 am

Aristocrats
Beauty and the Beast
Sleeping Beauty
Tangled
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Marizzle » February 11th, 2016, 11:40 pm

If we're excluding Pixar, then:
Frozen
Tarzan
Tangled

If we're including Pixar, then I'll add these:
Cars
Brave
Ratatouille
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Postby The Spirit of Life » May 6th, 2017, 4:53 am

The Jungle Book
The Spirit of Life
oh, oh, iyo ...

mamela.

Pride Points: 21

Postby existentialnihilist » May 6th, 2017, 4:45 pm

Mine is either Hunchback of Notre Dame or Pocahontas
existentialnihilist
of the North Gate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Squeely » June 4th, 2017, 11:03 am

I love so many of Disney's movies, I could type a book here on what I love about each one. I'll try my best to keep things relatively brief:

Princess Movies - I really adore the whole Disney princess thing. Castles, fantasy, magic, this is Disney at its best imo. Can't think of a princess movie I dislike.

Bambi - This is pretty much the TLK of its time. It's very cute, and at times very intense. I really love how it's just sorta the life of a deer, you don't see simple stories like that very much nowadays, and it's executed beautifully.

Aladdin - Probably Disney's only prince movie, everything from the characters to the songs to the animation is just top-notch. I adore the Indiana Jones-esque adventuring and the use of bold colors.

Beauty and the Beast - Yeah, I already said Princess movies, but this one gets a special mention for being the absolute best imo. It's thoroughly beautiful, and would be my favorite Disney film were it not for TLK.

Hunchback - Disney took serious risks with making this one as dark as they did, but that's what makes me love it. I do agree with the common criticism that the gargoyles were out-of-place, but they're far from unbearable. "God Help the Outcasts" never fails to bring a tear to my eye, it's that powerful.

Tarzan - I feel like this one is pretty underrated, which is a shame. Had it come out earlier into the 90s renaissance, perhaps it would get the love it truly deserves. It's a great film, both the dappled lighting and tree surfing effects (which were created for the film itself) are really cool, and of course a TLK fan is going to love another film set in the jungles of Africa. I also feel like Terk deserves kudos for being one of the best-written sidekick characters. Her emotional moment when she thinks Tarzan is leaving Africa is really touching. Shame so many people find O'Donnell annoying to the point of disliking Terk; I personally don't have much of a problem with her voice.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games