What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby Gemini » August 25th, 2018, 4:40 am

[quote="Kiana"]I regret everything, never telling anyone my feelings ever again. They couldn't seem to care any less than they did, and now I'm embarrassed. You think you know a guy :eyeroll: (this was not to who I like, this was another friend who apparently is jealous of our friendship??)[/quote]

Ditch him then, you don't need that kind of garbage in your life.

-----

[quote="Panda-chan"][quote="WildSimba"]They did this. It's their fault. It's TOTALLY their fault.[/quote]
I agree. I completely blame them :roll:[/quote]

#throwbacks
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Azdgari » August 25th, 2018, 6:53 am

Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Regulus » August 25th, 2018, 4:43 pm

^ that's the perfect gif to use
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby TheLionPrince » August 25th, 2018, 7:11 pm

[quote="Regulus"]Tomorrow starts the first semester of graduate school for me. This will be interesting.[/quote]

Congratulations to you! If you don't mind me asking, did you ever find a job in your field?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Regulus » August 25th, 2018, 8:36 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"][quote="Regulus"]Tomorrow starts the first semester of graduate school for me. This will be interesting.[/quote]

Congratulations to you! If you don't mind me asking, did you ever find a job in your field?[/quote]

Nope. I don't even think I came close. If I had known more about the industry when I graduated, I would have gone straight into a masters program. But I didn't, and mistakes were made.

Years ago, I had contemplated continuing my education beyond a bachelors degree. I was kind of iffy about it, not really sure if it was for me or not. What turned me off from the idea was that I grew tired of having no disposable income. I was looking forward to financial independence, so much so that I couldn't wait for school to be over and to begin working.

I thought I could just slide into a 9-5 job and start making $60k a year, but it didn't work that way. Many of my peers were able to do this, but I wasn't. My lack of work experience hurt me, and I don't think the way I presented myself made that any better. What I came to realize is that I'm not the person that would be a good fit for the roles I was interviewed for.

I'm interested in research and development, but not so much CAD, manufacturing, project management, or field work. Most engineers with a BS go straight into one of those, whereas R&D is typically filled with MS and PhDs. I didn't know this until I started looking for work. While I would have been content with a CAD position (because hey, I'm getting paid!), it wasn't what I really wanted to do.

And in most cases, it was probably bad to admit that in interviews. But I'm not just going to say, "oh yes yes, I love CAD! It's my favorite thing ever!" It just feels so fake and phony to do stuff like that.

Anyway, I found myself in this awkward place where I wasn't quite qualified for the positions that I wanted, but I couldn't manage to land a job for a position that I was less interested in. I knew students who loved doing CAD, and they were the ones to get the entry-level CAD jobs. I knew students who chose to go into manufacturing, and their experience with hands-on projects helped them greatly. Meanwhile, my strengths are more on the analytical side--my preference is in mathematics, algorithms, and software. I wanted to work in either fluid dynamics or control systems, but it's exceptionally rare to see those positions ask for students fresh out of a bachelors degree program.

In the end, I had to make a choice. I had two options: join the military, or go to graduate school. The military would have made my financial life a hell of a lot easier, but it wouldn't be something I'm passionate about, nor something I'd really be happy doing. Graduate school is the opposite. Financially, my life is going nowhere, but I'm back to using my brain again. Hopefully, this will lead me to a career I find both challenging and fulfilling.

Also, beginning next semester it is very likely I will have a research assistant position under a professor doing work in both aerodynamics and controls. If that works out, I will have finally found an opportunity to do exactly the kind of work that I've dreamed of doing for years.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Kiana » August 25th, 2018, 11:10 pm

[quote="Gemini"][quote="Kiana"]I regret everything, never telling anyone my feelings ever again. They couldn't seem to care any less than they did, and now I'm embarrassed. You think you know a guy :eyeroll: (this was not to who I like, this was another friend who apparently is jealous of our friendship??)[/quote]

Ditch him then, you don't need that kind of garbage in your life.[/quote]

Honestly, I've been thinking about it for a while, I just might.

Which is messier? My house or my life? :madman:

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby Gemini » August 26th, 2018, 5:07 pm

If this is gonna be a recurring thing then I'm tappin out right now tbh.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Kiana » August 27th, 2018, 2:14 am

I need money, but being in school it's next to impossible to find a part-time job, especially at my age. Hopefully, my mom will commit to giving me a little money at the beginning of each month, since she has a job now. (She moved out a long time ago, and has problems with keeping jobs due to poor mental health) Since no child support actually goes to me, some allowance would be great for a change :lol:. I'm saving up for my eventual trip overseas to London, and for insurance for the truck and whatnot. Then again, having a job would make it very hard to focus on school work, so I'm basically out of luck. Also, I loathe physical work, even though I'll do it, I dread it. It is its own form of severe anxiety almost, so weird.

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby Panda-chan » September 4th, 2018, 10:24 pm

What an emotional roller coaster this week has been. I've had to support my friend through a horrible tragedy, I totally blew a job interview that should have been easy, I had an epiphany of sorts, and now I have an even better opportunity that's making me hopeful for the first time in months (years?). Life, man. :/
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby SimbasMate » September 8th, 2018, 10:14 pm

^ LIFE SUCKS.

I can't wait until next month but I am sooo excited to see Elton again! :joy:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games