Are you a furry?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Are you a furry?

Yes.
44%
No.
37%
I don't know.
5%
What is a furry?
2%
I disapprove of furries.
No votes
WATCH OUT A NINJA'S BEHIND YOU
12%

Total votes : 41

Re: Are you a furry?

Postby kumarileopard » August 28th, 2011, 8:46 pm

I am but I'm not hard core like some people are about it. I've not been to a con (though AC is pretty close for me, like 5 hours drive). After high school I was really into it and then when I got into my 20's I became more of a generic nerd. Mostly computers and comic books.

I have a friend whom I met on TLK.org's message board way back when (over 10 years ago) and we ended up going to NYC to see TLKoB. He goes to something like 6 cons or so a year and there are a bunch of furs in his general area that all get together and do stuff all the time.
"Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?" - Roy in every episode of "The IT Crowd"
kumarileopard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Nickname(s): Kumari, Rob
Pride Points: 1

Postby imvula » August 29th, 2011, 4:57 pm

Yeah, I am one.
I don't care what people think.
imvula

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby YFWE » August 29th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Nah, that stuff ain't for me. To each their own, though.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby WildSimba » August 29th, 2011, 10:04 pm

Yes, I do indeed consider myself a Furry. Not in the sense of dressing up in suits, and parading around conventions. My definition of a Furry would be someone who has a very strong spiritual connection to animals. I think I apply to that one, considering I often connect to animals more then I do humans.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby AdAstrα » August 29th, 2011, 10:33 pm

[quote="WildSimba"]Yes, I do indeed consider myself a Furry. Not in the sense of dressing up in suits, and parading around conventions. My definition of a Furry would be someone who has a very strong spiritual connection to animals. I think I apply to that one, considering I often connect to animals more then I do humans.[/quote]
Oh yes, I would definitely consider myself a furry in that sense as well. I very often prefer animals over humans, because I find it easier to connect and interact with them.
I'm never going back
The past is in the past
AdAstrα

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby TheIvanMuse » September 13th, 2011, 12:24 pm

I do consider myself a furry. I've been on the line in between for a while, but now that I take a deeper consideration,yes, I am. I've always been into anthro cartoons and have always liked cartoons in general those more than realistic movies,which I still do now actually,hehe. I still feel a pretty good connection to animals and usually find the connection a lot easier than with humans. The furry culture around here is not very existent though,so I don't really know anyone from RL that is a furry. I would like to get to go to a convention one day,that would be pretty fun.

Signature made by Taka
TheIvanMuse
Ninja Blader Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Never stop improving and you'll be forever young!

Nickname(s): Ivan , T.I.Van
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasMate » September 13th, 2011, 12:35 pm

*facepaw* How many times are people going to make this topic, and have it get locked...?
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby KopsTheTerminator » September 13th, 2011, 12:53 pm

This topic has been handled very well so far, I don't see why it would need to get locked. Just sayin'.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Misiziri » September 13th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Indeed, people are being very responsible. And many people here are furries, so I thought it would be appropriate to make the thread. Especially on a site with loads of animal lovers <3

I might be a furry. Honestly, in my opinion, drawing anthro characters does not make you a furry. Are the creators of Madagascar and Kung-Fu Panda furries? How about Ratatouqille and Robin Hood? I think being a furry means participating in the online/rl fandom. Drawing cartoon anthro animal characters is just another form of art, I think.
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby FlipMode » September 13th, 2011, 8:35 pm

[quote="SimbasMate"]*facepaw* How many times are people going to make this topic, and have it get locked...?[/quote]

No one is doing anything wrong. *Double facepaw*

[quote]I think being a furry means participating in the online/rl fandom.[/quote]
I would imagine so too. Much like how footballers would go to a football club, furries would go to a furry conventions. I mean it would be like calling yourself a musician and then not playing an instrument, how could you be a furry without participating in the biggest parts of the fandom? That is how I always thought it was anyway, but when I ask people what it is, they do not know or have their own definition for what classifies one as a furry.

Even KingKivuli, who does go to furry cons, suit and all, told me a different definition of what one actually is. So I really do not know any more, I think it is because it is a small fandom, dare I say niche even that it does not really have a concrete definition at this point...
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games