Least Favorite TLK Characters

Re: Least Favorite TLK Characters

Postby Regulus » October 4th, 2013, 8:39 pm

As I said before, I don't really like Timon because he's a complete jerk in every scene that he's in.

Now that I think about it, my second least favorite character is Vitani. I don't know why, but I've never really liked her, and I think she's vastly overrated within the fandom. That's not to say I wouldn't like her if she had her own canonized backstory, but she doesn't. So, she's overrated in my book.

Nuka is okay, though. Poor guy. :(
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby ScarHades » February 10th, 2014, 2:32 pm

Scar. I absolute hate him and I wish Captain Hook, Prince John, Gaston, Jafar, Frollo, Hades and Shan-Yu could fight him and kill him.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby MooLion » February 10th, 2014, 5:54 pm

^ Eep!

From Simba's Pride, probably Zira.

From the original, it's difficult. Is it cheating to say the groundhog thingy? He was a character, albeit a brief scene. :)
~Banner by Amy!~
"Your mother on the other hand, I admired her. She wanted to have me executed... but I admired her." ~ Tyrion
MooLion
You poisoned the moonlight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

When you put out the sun

Nickname(s): Moo
Pride Points: 15

Postby Ninaroja » February 10th, 2014, 7:52 pm

From the Original - I guess Ed? Though in this case it isn't a hate thing, it's just if I ordered the characters by favorites he'd probably just be on the end. That being said I can't imagine the original movie with any characters removed.

From SP - I really don't like Kiara. She's a touch annoying as a cub but that's ok because she's a child. Adult/teenage Kiara is just whiny, bratty, annoying and has no real character growth. Her constant "omg dad why you so smothering ugh Imma go off on my own now god ugh fml wtf you promised to let me do this on my own ugh god" just irks me so much. For God's sakes, Kovu's family just attacked her father and tried to kill him, she has no proof (other than blind faith) that he had nothing to do with it yet still cares more about him, and acts as though Simba's banishing of him is totally unreasonable! Then she runs off to fulfill her own selfish wants, not caring about anyone else. Her sudden change of heart after "Love Will Find Away" comes right the heck out of nowhere too.
Like I've said before, I'd like TLK2 a ton more if it lived up to it's name. Simba's Pride. The main story arc should be Simba's struggles to live up to Mufasa's legacy, whilst still battling the demons left from his traumatic past (my personal belief is that Simba is so over protective and "overly" serious, not because of various "Kopa" theories but possibly due to an anxiety disorder/PTSD caused by Scar screwing up his life, basically.). Kiara and Kovu's back story should have been a sub plot. If it were, I'd watch the heck out of that!

From TLK3/1.5 - Again, here it's probably least favorite as in there's just characters I like more, but here I'd probably say Uncle Max.
Signature Graphic made by Simbasmate! Thanks a ton :cheese:

Fanfiction Q&A Tumblr
Ninaroja
Nee-nyah Row-hah (AKA KULCY)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Simba is Love. Simba is Life.

Nickname(s): Kulcy, Lucy, Nina, Juicy, MLK Drama Detective ;)
Pride Points: 82

Postby Zonofon » February 23rd, 2014, 7:54 pm

I can say that none of the TLK characters did not cause in me negative emotions, that is so, that I can say that I do not like him. Maybe some characters did not cause in me any emotions, but negative- no.
I am convinced that every character is important and brings a variety in the movie plot, that is, make closer it to reality.
Zonofon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Wilfre » March 4th, 2014, 4:51 am

omg, I love them all. But those mean meerkats in TLK1.5 if that counts??
thanks for the sig, Julie Skywalker!

~*Collector of TLK Merchandise for over 15 years*~

| flavors | lastfm | youtube | deviantart | collectors quest | pandora | tumblr | google+ | furaffinity | weasyl | nabyn |
Wilfre
#Serious TLK collector#

icon by Book-of-Life on deviantART!

Nickname(s): Nanuq (my real name)
Pride Points: 0

Postby Harvs » July 7th, 2014, 8:14 am

Kovu. Hate that emo "bad-boy". He does nothing to further the story. We never even see his training pay off which was supposedly his "destiny".

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 7th, 2014, 11:50 pm

[quote="Annie"]I love Zazu, he's a hero :)
Not many would put themselves in between a hyena and it's food!

I don't like Timon and Pumbaa much, but they have their role, like the rest. If they weren't in the movie, Simba might have died![/quote]
I sooooo agree to this! :D
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Postby Gemini » July 8th, 2014, 2:08 am

[quote="ScarHades"]Scar. I absolute hate him and I wish Captain Hook, Prince John, Gaston, Jafar, Frollo, Hades and Shan-Yu could fight him and kill him.[/quote]

Not going to say anything to that. Really. :roll: *sigh*

In any case, like a lot of the people here, I really don't hate any of the characters. That said, though... well... I'd have to say that my least favorite used to be Nala.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Nala, I just... don't really feel that much for her one way or the other. As others said, she doesn't play much of a role besides being Simba's love interest/mate and the lioness who runs away. She is cute as a cub, though, and I think my respect for her grew once I started watching Scar/Nala AMVs on Youtube and began toying with the idea myself. But yeah, she just strikes me as... hmm... I dunno, like I said, I don't feel that much for her. Same with Simba. But they're not bad characters, either of them, and I don't think they fit my least favorites anymore.

Now my least favorite characters would have to be the ones that have almost no role, like Uncle Max, Sarafina, the gopher, etc. They have little character development. I rather like the hyenas, and as everyone who knows me has learned by now, I like Scar and Zira, so they would definitely not be on this list. Timon would not be, either, as I felt like I related to him quite a bit in his movie despite his somewhat selfish nature... although I would agree that T & P as a duo are not high on my favorites list.

I also like Vitani despite her sparse screentime, and I also like Kovu, for reasons that I explain better on the thread for sharing unpopular TLK opinions. :3

I think the one character that plays a major role that I don't really like, though, would have to be Kiara. She's just a bit of a bland character. I feel like I relate to her as a cub a little bit, but when she gets older she is a kinda obnoxious, for the reasons that Niña pointed out. :P I don't feel that strongly about her, either. Her stand-up at the end is brave, but I feel it's a bit misguided.

Think that about sums it up. I like all the characters though... just some more than others. :grouphug: ¡Viva ERL! (Long live TLK!)

EDIT: Scrolling through the posts. Relieved to see I'm not the only one who feels that way about Nala. I'm going to end by saying I totally agree with this.

[quote="SimbaandShenzifan"]No offense to anyone here, but to those that say Scar and Zira are their least favorites just because they were evil, that's a little bit biased. A character might be an antagonist (villian, anti-hero, etc) but they might be written in a certain way that I think it awesome. :) Some people don't like protagonists or "good characters" just because they are goody two shoes, they don't like them because they might have too much focus in the series or just are not a well developed characters

But as far as my least favorites go...I don't care for Uncle Max and Kovu.

I found Kovu to be a bit bland for a "anti-hero" and the pacing of him "converting" was rushed. :P Then Uncle Max, I just find him to be an epic fail all around. Very much one of your big lipped alligator moments. :P[/quote]

Thanks, person who wrote that. :s
Last edited by Gemini on July 8th, 2014, 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Sarabi Mirage » July 8th, 2014, 2:21 am

My least favorite would have to be Rafiki. Never liked him for some reason or another.
I am Sarabi's #1 fan!
Sarabi Mirage
A Mirage

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Sarabi
Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King