Least Favorite TLK Characters

Re: Least Favorite TLK Characters

Postby BrianGriffinFan » December 18th, 2015, 6:07 am

Cub Simba and Nala. Little kids who are annoying.

Scar. Whiny and annoying.

Rafiki. Just...annoying.

Timon. REALLY annoying.

Pumbaa. Gross and annoying.
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

Postby ScarsLove » December 20th, 2015, 6:12 pm

[quote="BrianGriffinFan"]

Timon. REALLY annoying.

Pumbaa. Gross and annoying.[/quote]

Amen to these two.

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Gaze » December 28th, 2015, 3:59 am

tbh I like all the characters....I'm going thru TLK, SP, 1.5, and TLG rly quickly in my mind and I can't think of any I don't like. even the new chars in 1.5 are very likable imo.
Timon and Pumbaa tend to be the go-to options for a lot of ppl, and while I dislike the emphasis that is put on them as the most 'iconic' TLK characters, I really can't say I dislike the characters themselves.

if I HAD to pick one....I guess I'd say Ed? love the hyenas but Ed's character design/personality appeals to me the least. not rly been into the 'unintelligent mute character as comic relief' thing. but still would definitely not say I outright dislike him
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby tigerlover » December 28th, 2015, 3:10 pm

Bunga. HE'S THE MOST ANNOYING CHARACTER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!! :x
tigerlover
Tigress

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tiger
Pride Points: 3

Postby gothprincesskiara » December 28th, 2015, 3:53 pm

Timon and Pumbaa are my least, im tired of them taking the spotlight
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Squeely » December 31st, 2015, 2:51 am

I don't hate any of the characters, and even those I dislike, I don't dislike them much.

TLK: Well the gopher and Sarafina don't really have much to them. Hard for me to really like characters that have no stand-out traits. I guess if I had to pick someone from the main cast, I'd go with Ed, simply because all he really does is laugh and he doesn't feel that important to the story, though I do like him.

SP: Timon and Pumbaa, easily. They were fine in TLK, but in SP, they're out-of-character and poorly written in addition to being used at bad times. How are they out-of-character? For one, they're suddenly terrible at babysitting despite having raised Simba just fine. They suddenly bicker like an old married couple despite not having done so in the first film (I know friends do occasionally fight but good god). They suddenly have these blubbery crying fits during emotional moments despite standing atop Pride Rock with Simba and Nala sans tears in TLK. And unlike the first film, their jokes are more miss than hit. There are some instances in which I think their use was warranted, such as the whole rhino chase scene. But then they're in other places, such as the final fight, where they really don't need to be (also, trained warriors are afraid of a fart? That makes no sense), and maybe it wouldn't bother me as much if they were better-written, but they simply aren't.

TLK 1.5: Uncle Max. He just doesn't feel all that necessary or memorable, and I wish they had gone with the original idea of having Timon's father there instead. And slightly cub Simba. It just seems a bit out-of-character to have him so jarringly rambunctious, considering he just lost Mufasa. Yeah he was very rambunctious in the first film, but that was before Mufasa's death, and I don't doubt that he would return to being playful, but it seemed a little over-the-top. Other than that, though, I love cub Simba and the sweet moments he gets here.

TLG: RotR: Zuri is such a "girly" cliche... I really hope she gets better character moments in the show. Bunga's stink lends itself to fart jokes, that at this point in animation aimed at children, are really tired, and I don't much like his phrase "un-Bunga-lievable". I do, however, like his positive and outgoing attitude, and his willingness to stick by Kion is very sweet.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Gemini » January 8th, 2016, 12:33 am

[quote="Squeely"]
SP: Timon and Pumbaa, easily. They were fine in TLK, but in SP, they're out-of-character and poorly written in addition to being used at bad times. How are they out-of-character? For one, they're suddenly terrible at babysitting despite having raised Simba just fine. They suddenly bicker like an old married couple despite not having done so in the first film (I know friends do occasionally fight but good god). They suddenly have these blubbery crying fits during emotional moments despite standing atop Pride Rock with Simba and Nala sans tears in TLK. And unlike the first film, their jokes are more miss than hit. There are some instances in which I think their use was warranted, such as the whole rhino chase scene. But then they're in other places, such as the final fight, where they really don't need to be (also, trained warriors are afraid of a fart? That makes no sense), and maybe it wouldn't bother me as much if they were better-written, but they simply aren't.[/quote]

Oh my god, yes. Just yes. This is exactly how I feel about them in the second movie. :?

I realize I've posted in here before, but I still mostly agree with what I said back then, lol. Only thing is, now that RotR is a thing... yeah, Zuri is annoying. I'm reeeeeeeally hoping she gets some growth and that they don't keep her character like that. Like, honestly. I had a bad feeling about her from the beginning when she was announced. :ocwap:

Bunga is also pretty annoying at times. But he was raised by Timon & Pumbaa it seems like (?) so maybe I shouldn't have expected any different, haha.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Rollo » January 11th, 2016, 6:39 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Troll Berserker » January 28th, 2016, 7:55 am

Timon and Pumbaa really annoy me in Lion Guard.
Especially Timon. He's not even funny anymore, just greedy, arrogant and self centered. Not even in the "funny grump" type, just extremely selfish, annoying type.
Pumbaa in the other hand seems pretty dumbed down.
[quote]"Wild lions do it!!" yes, but we're talking about a society of human-minded lions, not cub-eating beasts[/quote]
PREACH!

Image Image Image
"We've come to scream in the happy house
We're in a dream in the happy house
We're all quite sane"
Troll Berserker
A True Blooded Fantasy

I'm not the one that's so absurd

Nickname(s): Troll, TB
Pride Points: 15

Postby Squeely » January 28th, 2016, 8:48 am

^Yeah, the whole joke with Pumbaa is supposed to be that he's smarter than he lets on, but TLG hasn't done a good job of showing that.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King