Why did Taka change his name?

Why did Taka change his name?

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 13th, 2010, 11:29 pm

ok, this is a question that it had been on my mind, just like the question say, why did he change his name, what makes him do that? does anyone know? becuase I don't idea :? :P
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Re: Why did Taka change his name?

Postby kovuxkiara4evr » May 13th, 2010, 11:36 pm

:coldhearted2: In A Tale of Two Brothers, he changed it as a reminder of a mistake he made when he got the scar.
kovuxkiara4evr

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Simba » May 14th, 2010, 12:57 am

here's the exact lines answering this in the book:

[quote]"You'll be sore for a few days," Rafiki told Taka later. "And you will carry that scar for the rest of your life."
"It will serve as a reminder of how reckless you were," Ahadi said.
"Why did you make Boma angry?" Mufasa asked his brother.
"To embaress you," Taka replied. "And get even with Father for breaking his promise!"
"Instead of hurting us, you nearly got yourself killed," Ahadi said. "You must rid yourself of the anger that rules you, my son. Perhapsthe wound you received will serve as a reminder of this."
Taka's eyes filled with anger, then grew calm and clear. "That's right." He gave Mufasa a half smile. "From now on, call me Scar. Father, I won't forget what happened today. I promise."[/quote]

clearly, it didn't work out to well since he seems to have forgotten it later on in life...
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 14th, 2010, 1:19 am

OMG :omg: i'm just speechless, I didn't knew that at all
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Return to Beyond The Lion King