9%
No
27%
I dont know.
64%

Total votes : 11

Re: Could Leo be nalas dad?

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 11th, 2010, 5:24 pm

Based on what the directors or whoever said, it was either Mufasa or Scar. The only issue left is to figure out which lol.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Azdgari » May 11th, 2010, 5:27 pm

Where did they say anything like that?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 11th, 2010, 5:40 pm

[quote="Akril"]The directors of TLK said that her father was "either Scar or Mufasa"[/quote]

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Azdgari » May 11th, 2010, 7:10 pm

I would like a link to wherever they said that, because I find that hard to believe. After going to such lengths to avoid incest in TLK two (beating us over the head with the fact that Kovu wasn't scar's son) why would they willingly make Simba mate his own sister?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 11th, 2010, 7:26 pm

Here's the link Akril provided http://www.lionking.org/faq.html#father

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Azdgari » May 11th, 2010, 8:17 pm

"Despite this "canon" claim, James Maxwell and Raymond Down, Jr. maintain that Nala's father cannot logically be either Scar or Mufasa; they present an argument toward this thesis at http://www.lionking.org/text/DownMaxwellTheory.txt"

Also, given that that is an unofficial website, I don't put much stock in what it has to say, at least not when it makes no sense to me.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Akril » May 11th, 2010, 10:43 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]Also, given that that is an unofficial website, I don't put much stock in what it has to say, at least not when it makes no sense to me.[/quote]
In hindsight, that probably wasn't the best site I could have linked to. Brian Tiemann, the maintainer of that site, actually attended the TLK 10th Anniversary Panel, and he was the one who asked the question about Nala's father. He's included a full write-up of the event here, and there's a write-up from another attendee that features the same info here.

In the directors' defense, though, they obviously hadn't given the topic much thought, and in their own words, they "hoped no one would notice" that there were no males in the film that could have fathered Nala without making her related to Simba. They probably threw Scar and Mufasa's names out because they were the only candidates that they knew of. If only they had heard of TLK6NA... : )

But we fans tend to have a history of disregarding official information. When the news came out that Nuka and Vitani weren't Scar's cubs, many of us refused to accept that information (especially in Nuka's case); some of us think the official story of Taka getting his Scar from a Cape buffalo is lame and make up our own explanation; and I'd guess that a good 90% of fans say that neither Mufasa and Scar fathered Nala. (If Scar is her father, he seemed pretty nonchalant about having her killed by the hyenas ["I practically gift-wrapped those cubs for you..."], and then there's the scene where he's hitting on Nala in the musical...)
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby Azdgari » May 11th, 2010, 11:01 pm

I still find it unbelievable that Simba mated his own sister.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 12th, 2010, 12:29 am

Love can manifest in many different ways =3

:lol:

they are lions, after all. If they were in love, what would ever stop them?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Azdgari » May 12th, 2010, 1:07 am

...Sorry, just doesn't work for me. =P

And again, anyone care to comment on the lioness giving Nala a bath? I always assumed she was Nala's mother. Wouldn't Sarabi give her own daughter a bath?
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King