Do you like most of the semi-canon characters?

Do you like most of the semi-canon characters?

Postby HeartsForTheClueless » May 3rd, 2010, 3:58 am

Aka, the book, comic, and merchandise characters.

I do like their designs, and personalities and all, but they really seem out of place in the series.
I only really see the LK circle, and of course the canon Outlanders and Pride-landers, being friends. No one else. A lot of the semi-canon characters reminds me of fanfiction OCs personally.
HeartsForTheClueless

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

....?

Pride Points: 0

Re: Do you like most of the semi-canon characters?

Postby YFWE » May 3rd, 2010, 6:09 am

I tend to just kinda ignore them, haha. Someone who likes them and enjoys talking about them, that's their business. I tend to just stick to movie characters only, though, when I write or when I think critically about the movie. But as always, to each their own.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby KiarasMate » May 3rd, 2010, 6:27 am

I don't know probably as much as I should about the lesser known characters from the TLK Universe but I'm mostly like YFWE and stick to the movies. :) I really should look into them more though, just to broaden my knowledge of TLk a bit more. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Akril » May 3rd, 2010, 9:43 pm

I like most of them, even though most of them appear in just one book/comic, making it difficult to make a fair judgment of what their personalities are like. However, one character that does appear multiple times is Simon, and I don't really care for him. He's kind of a younger, slightly crazier version of Rafiki that appears in at least three foreign TLK comics, and he's not particularly annoying or likable to me, he's just sort of..."there".
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby Skittakallista » May 7th, 2010, 9:47 pm

Yeah I like them :)
Especially Tojo, Kula, Tama and Chumvi. Because their awesome. I like their designs too.
The madness hampsters
Every night they visit you,
Every night they come,
And bit by bit they take your brain
And feed it to their mum.
Skittakallista

RAWR!!!! Heh, I scared you!

Nickname(s): Skitta, Skittles, Skittie

Postby Kina » May 7th, 2010, 10:07 pm

They're okay for me, but the only one that really sticks out to me is Ni. He's my favorite of the sub/semi-canon characters, and seems the most realistic. He probably could've been in one of the movies with a little more development if they had the room.

Not sure why they're compared to OCs, though. *Cocks head.*
Kina

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby HeartsForTheClueless » May 10th, 2010, 2:47 am

[quote="Kina"]
Not sure why they're compared to OCs, though. *Cocks head.*[/quote]

They pop out like a sore thumb compared to characters created by Disney. Also, technically, they are fan-made. Just officially licensed.
HeartsForTheClueless

....?

Postby Kina » May 10th, 2010, 4:38 pm

Mmm, true enough. Hopefully most OCs are made with more care than those, though.
Kina

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby Simbaholikov » May 10th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Like KM, I don't know a terrible amount about the sub-canon characters
Although, I do like their designs and personalities from what i've seen so far ^^ It would have been good if there was more on them :)
Simbaholikov

Postby thanigraphics » May 10th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Well, these subcanon characters just sucked me more into the fandom! I discover more of them every month :) thanks to Akril I found a comic about Zazu having a girlfriend and some other Zazu like birds were in that comic. I also love their different designs. Too bad there weren't that many of them in the movies :P
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King