The lionesses KNEW about the oasis?

Re: The lionesses KNEW about the oasis?

Postby Wereberess » April 27th, 2010, 11:49 am

[quote="SimbasMate"].....TLK and KH are two different things. Disney kinda messed up TLK when they put it in that video game.[/quote]

No they didn't. We never really got to know what the random lionesses in Mufasa's pride got to think and so i think they let us by interacting with them.
Click meh eggs plz! :D
thx! :D
Wereberess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Wereberess » April 27th, 2010, 11:59 am

[quote="FlipMode"]I'm going to have to disagree here dude :).

[quote]Well in the game, Kingdom hearts 2 in the first visit to the pridelands, one of the lioness states "We should cross through wildebeest valley and live in the Oasis but no! Scar would never let us!"[/quote] Yes that is, as you said in the game but not the film and therefore logic assumes it's canon to KH's story not TLK's story. Scar also falls off Pride rock and turns into a heartless, that doese't happen in the film, you see it's a retelling of the story, weaved into KH's complicated plot.

[quote]This could mean Scar was MAKING them suffer.[/quote] And? That's not exactly out of his character is it? This is the guy that killed his brother, and almost his nephew.

Oh yeah and @ [quote]Disney kinda messed up TLK when they put it in that video game.[/quote] Like heck they did![/quote]

He fell of the rock in the first one and in case you didn't notice none of the disney villians die the way they do in the movie. They are all defeated by Sora, so that's really saying nothing. The pridelands visit was not 100% correct but cannon enough for me.
Wereberess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 27th, 2010, 2:16 pm

My point still stands - the movies should always be considered before anything else.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby FlipMode » April 27th, 2010, 7:21 pm

Dude, please don't make me palm my face. >_>

[quote]He fell of the rock in the first one [/quote]
Yeah why not just completely ignore the fact that he turned into a heartless (which I mentioned), shall we? Because that sure as heck did not happen in the film.

[quote]in case you didn't notice none of the disney villians die the way they do in the movie.[/quote]
Actually I did notice that too funnily enough. But do you know why that is? It is because they are not canon to their original storys, which is the point I made and still stand by.

[quote]They are all defeated by Sora, so that's really saying nothing[/quote]
Actually that is saying : This is not canon, in our version of the story Sora defeats them but not in the original plot.

[quote]The pridelands visit was not 100% correct but cannon enough for me.[/quote]
That's a tad contradictory, you say it's not 100 % correct, which assumes it is not part of the TLK Story, but a slightly poor retelling of it. And then say it's cannon enough for you.. well, whatever helps you sleep at night / floats your boat :).

It is cannon to KH and in the Game, yes maybe the lionesses did know about the Oasis. the point that I and others are making is that in the films, they don't.

Also this, albeit not aimed at me, is also worth a mention
[quote]We never really got to know what the random lionesses in Mufasa's pride got to think and so i think they let us by interacting with them[/quote]
That still doesen't make what they are saying cannon to TLK.

At the end of the day, you're fully entitled to your opinion. In this instance I disagree with it, but when that does happen I like to try and have a decent conversation with my fellow forum users about it. So I hope that there's no hard feelings between us over this little debate :).
It's just that I really like both KH and TLK, so when I state my opinion on a topic concerning both and someone disagrees with that, I will ofcourse argue against the points they made where possible. (In this instance it seemed possible to argue against everything you have said so far, that's all)
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby KopsTheTerminator » April 27th, 2010, 7:40 pm

I don't believe that they already knew about the Oasis... But it is possible. I never considered KH2 canon though.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Wereberess » April 27th, 2010, 8:53 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Dude, please don't make me palm my face. >_>

[quote]He fell of the rock in the first one [/quote]
Yeah why not just completely ignore the fact that he turned into a heartless (which I mentioned), shall we? Because that sure as heck did not happen in the film.

[quote]in case you didn't notice none of the disney villians die the way they do in the movie.[/quote]
Actually I did notice that too funnily enough. But do you know why that is? It is because they are not canon to their original storys, which is the point I made and still stand by.

[quote]They are all defeated by Sora, so that's really saying nothing[/quote]
Actually that is saying : This is not canon, in our version of the story Sora defeats them but not in the original plot.

[quote]The pridelands visit was not 100% correct but cannon enough for me.[/quote]
That's a tad contradictory, you say it's not 100 % correct, which assumes it is not part of the TLK Story, but a slightly poor retelling of it. And then say it's cannon enough for you.. well, whatever helps you sleep at night / floats your boat :).

It is cannon to KH and in the Game, yes maybe the lionesses did know about the Oasis. the point that I and others are making is that in the films, they don't.

Also this, albeit not aimed at me, is also worth a mention
[quote]We never really got to know what the random lionesses in Mufasa's pride got to think and so i think they let us by interacting with them[/quote]
That still doesen't make what they are saying cannon to TLK.

At the end of the day, you're fully entitled to your opinion. In this instance I disagree with it, but when that does happen I like to try and have a decent conversation with my fellow forum users about it. So I hope that there's no hard feelings between us over this little debate :).
It's just that I really like both KH and TLK, so when I state my opinion on a topic concerning both and someone disagrees with that, I will ofcourse argue against the points they made where possible. (In this instance it seemed possible to argue against everything you have said so far, that's all)[/quote]

Oh well. You don't consider it cannon. But i do.
Wereberess

Postby Simba » April 28th, 2010, 11:44 pm

well, there is support of that Scar made them suffer in the movie, some books, and the Broadway production. recall when Simba returns to Pride Rock and Scar summons Sarabi to the ledge. [quote]"It's over. There is nothing left. We have only one choice. We must leave Pride Rock."
"We're not going anywhere."
"Then you have sentenced us to death."
"Then so be it."
"You can't do that!"
"I'm the king. I can do whatever I want."[/quote]

given that, this wouldn't be all that surprising. and in TLKoB at the end of "The Madness of King Scar" when Nala spurns him, he sings "You will belong to me! You ALL belong to me!"

plus, in TLK6NA book Nala's Dare, it says the lionesses sleep out on a rock terrace. at the beginning of TLK, we see that the whole pride sleeps in the cave. from that and the scene with Scar and Zazu later in the movie, we can easily conclude that Scar took the whole cave for himself and forced the lionesses out. we can also get that Scar put the hyenas above the lionesses in hierarchy during his rule.

with all of this, it's not so far-fetched for him to prevent them from leaving. Nala was just lucky, and perhaps clever, enough to get away to seek help. it would make sense if she sought out help from known places outside the Pridelands. and if this jungle is the same jungle that Mohatu came across in search of a new source of water and later brought the animals to drink there, then it the pride would certainly know that it was out there.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King