The lionesses KNEW about the oasis?

The lionesses KNEW about the oasis?

Postby Wereberess » April 26th, 2010, 9:01 pm

Remember the Oasis Simba is brought to by Timon and Pumbaa? Well in the game, Kingdom hearts 2 in the first visit to the pridelands, one of the lioness states "We should cross through wildebeest valley and live in the Oasis but no! Scar would never let us!"

This could mean Scar was MAKING them suffer. It also could be how Nala found Simba while looking for help because i doubt she just found the oasis by luck in such a big desert.

Note: Some people don't consider what happens in the pridelands as cannon (which is strange as it's the same storyline as the movie. Scar kills Mufasa, Simba runs away, he comes black and reclaims the throne. Kiara is even in the game! The only thing i wouldn't count as official would be Sora, donald and goofy being there as well as the heartless and pete.:eyebrow5: Maybe because it isn't fully disney but a collab with squeenix) but Disney does play a part in this game :nukannoyed:
Click meh eggs plz! :D
thx! :D
Wereberess

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: The lionesses KNEW about the oasis?

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 26th, 2010, 9:28 pm

Very interesting. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Scar wanted them all to suffer. After all, isn't that what he was all about? Making others suffer? He even forbade Sarabi to go outside of the Pridelands when she told him there was no food. It's quite apparent that his intentions were to make others suffer - that, and being in power whether anyone liked it or not :lol:

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby SimbasMate » April 26th, 2010, 9:48 pm

.....TLK and KH are two different things. Disney kinda messed up TLK when they put it in that video game.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby FlipMode » April 26th, 2010, 10:08 pm

I'm going to have to disagree here dude :).

[quote]Well in the game, Kingdom hearts 2 in the first visit to the pridelands, one of the lioness states "We should cross through wildebeest valley and live in the Oasis but no! Scar would never let us!"[/quote] Yes that is, as you said in the game but not the film and therefore logic assumes it's canon to KH's story not TLK's story. Scar also falls off Pride rock and turns into a heartless, that doese't happen in the film, you see it's a retelling of the story, weaved into KH's complicated plot.

[quote]This could mean Scar was MAKING them suffer.[/quote] And? That's not exactly out of his character is it? This is the guy that killed his brother, and almost his nephew.

Oh yeah and @ [quote]Disney kinda messed up TLK when they put it in that video game.[/quote] Like heck they did!
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 26th, 2010, 10:13 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]I'm going to have to disagree here dude :).

[quote]Well in the game, Kingdom hearts 2 in the first visit to the pridelands, one of the lioness states "We should cross through wildebeest valley and live in the Oasis but no! Scar would never let us!"[/quote] Yes that is, as you said in the game but not the film and therefore logic assumes it's canon to KH's story not TLK's story. Scar also falls off Pride rock and turns into a heartless, that doese't happen in the film, you see it's a retelling of the story, weaved into KH's complicated plot.

[quote]This could mean Scar was MAKING them suffer.[/quote] And? That's not exactly out of his character is it? This is the guy that killed his brother, and almost his nephew.

Oh yeah and @ [quote]Disney kinda messed up TLK when they put it in that video game.[/quote] Like heck they did![/quote]

True... The movies should always come before any other source when there is more than one source.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby YFWE » April 26th, 2010, 10:24 pm

I always thought it was pretty obvious myself that Scar was practically MAKING them suffer, LOL. Maybe I just took that as fact a little too easily or something.

And as an aside, I wonder if I'm like the only person that didn't mind what was done with the TLK world in KH2. Oh well <33
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby FlipMode » April 26th, 2010, 10:31 pm

[quote="YFWE"]
And as an aside, I wonder if I'm like the only person that didn't mind what was done with the TLK world in KH2. Oh well <33[/quote]
Nope I thought it was good too, it made sense and was fun to play
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby KiarasMate » April 26th, 2010, 11:21 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]I'm going to have to disagree here dude :).

Oh yeah and @ [quote]Disney kinda messed up TLK when they put it in that video game.[/quote] Like heck they did![/quote]

My sentiments exactly! ^^ I'd also like to add in that Nala's initial intent for leaving The Pride Lands wasn't to find Simba, so whether she found the Oasis by chance or not, really doesn't matter much. From the opening scene with Nala in the Oasis, it would appear that she was lured there more from the prospects of finding food, rather than finding help. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SnowyCheetah » April 26th, 2010, 11:23 pm

Although I'm sure finding help was also on her mind ;)

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby thanigraphics » April 26th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Besides the Sora lion-design, this game is full of contradictions to the movies. I think the best thing is to view the game and the movies as different universes. It would unfit the plot of the movie if Scar made the lionesses suffer on purpose, he's in need of food and water himself too. If he had an evil plan, you should have seen him sneaking away to the oasis.

Btw, I really feel sorry for Goofy in that level. Donald duck is kinda "pimped", but the poor doggy is made into a turtle! *hugs the poor dawg*
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King