Are any of characters from the books canon?

Are any of characters from the books canon?

Postby HeartsForTheClueless » April 7th, 2010, 3:15 pm

My last topic for..A few weeks, probably.
Any comic or book. You always hear about them in theories. However from what I've heard they're not created by the developers of The Lion King. So doesn't that mean they don't exist?

To me basically all of them except Kopa and a few random, nameless Outsiders don't even seem like they would be canon. They're designs and general relation to the story seem like something out of a fanfiction or fanart.
Last edited by HeartsForTheClueless on April 7th, 2010, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HeartsForTheClueless

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

....?

Pride Points: 0

Re: Are any of characters from the books be canon?

Postby thanigraphics » April 7th, 2010, 3:19 pm

The characters from books, games and comics are called "subcanon", which means they aren't related to the canon universe.
Nevertheless they are very popular amongst fans, because the "black hole" between these lionking universes leaves a lot of room for theories and fan stories.
In the movies, Tojo, Malka, Ni, Kula, Chumvi, King Joe, Ahadi, Mohatu, Uru and Tama are non-existent. They're made up by other Disney people than the producers of the movies.
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Return to Beyond The Lion King