Would you say Kopa and Chaka are the same entity?

Re: Would you say Kopa and Chaka are the same entity?

Postby PrincessKiara » April 7th, 2010, 10:01 pm

In early production, Simba was supposed to have two cubs: A male named Chaka and a female named Shani/Aisha.

Chaka was removed from the script.
Shani/Aisha became Kiara.

"Fluffy" was a joke name the animators used for the cub at the end of TLK, not an official name.

-----
Kopa appaears in a series of books as the son of Simba and Nala.
When SP, came out, Kopa was ignored, and Simba and Nala now had a female cub named Kiara.

So from the movies point of view, Simba only had one cub: Kiara.

----

The most popular fan theories however is that Kopa was killed/ran away, which explains why Kiara is the heir to the throne, despite her being second born.

----

Personally, I don’t think the animators working on the movies pay any attention to what happens in Disney books and comics. The movies have one view of TLK, the movies another. To me, Chaka is not a real character.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Would you say Kopa and Chaka are the same entity?

Postby Akril » April 8th, 2010, 12:51 am

I don't see them as the same character at all. Since there are so many discrepancies between The Lion King: Six New Adventures, The Lion King II: Simba's Pride and even the early drafts of SP, I tend to view them as taking place in three different "universes":

-In the TLK6NA universe, Simba and Nala have a curious, adventurous son named Kopa who looks like Simba with a bit of mane on his head. Several other cubs plus two adult males exist in the pride, and Kiara and the Outsiders don't exist.

-In the SP universe, Simba and Nala have a playful daughter named Kiara who has a design that is a fair mix of her parents' features. She appears to be the only cub in the pride, and of course, the Outsiders exist in this version.

-In the early version of the SP universe, Simba and Nala have two cubs named Chaka and Shani (Chaka is later dropped and Shani is renamed Kiara). Their designs and personalities aren't know, but Chaka is betrothed to a female cub named either Timira or Kirijah, Zazu has a girlfriend named Binti, many of the new characters have different names and Kovu really is Scar's son.

So since Chaka's looks are never described and Kopa's betrothed is never mentioned, I don't see the two as the same character.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King