Is Nuka Scar's son?

Is Nuka Scar's son?

Postby KopsTheTerminator » February 6th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Okay, I'm not good at articles, but here we go anyway.

We all know Nuka from The Lion King II: Simba's Pride, right? It's one of the Outsiders and Zira's oldest son. Most people think he's Scar's son. But is that really true?

Nuka looks a lot like Scar. Only his fur colour and his eye color is different from Scar's, but that's because he inherited it from Zira's family.

When we're first introduced to the Outlands, Nuka says ''Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father. He just took him in.'' Now, would he really say that if Scar wasn't his father either?

But when Nuka dies, Zira says ''Scar... watch over my poor Nuka.'' Oh wait, should I repeat that? ''Scar... watch over my poor Nuka.'' Doesn't that lead us to the fact that he isn't Scar's son?

What's your opinion about this?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Is Nuka Scar's son?

Postby Yatima » February 6th, 2010, 3:33 pm

When I heared this after watching the Film again a Month ago I wasn't sure anymore about this fact...
I was ever the opinion that he truly is the son of Zira and Scar... :/

What do the other think?
Yatima

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Forum Liger

Pride Points: 1

Postby Simbaholikov » February 6th, 2010, 3:55 pm

Scar and Zira had brains.
Nuka does not.

So it seems unlikely that that is the case ^^
Simbaholikov

Postby thelionpride556 » February 6th, 2010, 4:24 pm

I think Nuka IS Scar's son, not for any reason, I just think that in my opinion.^_^
thelionpride556

-----/\-----\o/----

Pride Points: 0

Postby KiarasMate » February 6th, 2010, 8:15 pm

I strongly believe that Nuka is Scar's biological son. Both the looks and the way Nuka acts towards Kovu in the movie, along with several lines of dialog lead me to believe this. First off, like Kopa pointed out, the very first scene we get introduced to Nuka, he's obviously upset over Kovu being the Chosen One. Now, if Nuka wasn't Scar's actual son, I don't think he would have been quite as bitter over this fact, but assuming that Nuka is Scar's son, then he does have a reasonable excuse to be that jealous over Kovu, since being overshadowed by someone who wasn't even Scar's flesh and blood would probably make anyone jealous in that situation.

In regards to the scene where Zira tells Scar to watch over her poor Nuka, Zira never really refers to Scar in a paternal manner, as in all the scenes she mentions his name, it's like he's just another lion to her, although, in the deleted scene from TLK2SP when Nuka and Vitani come back to report about Simba's first cub being a girl, Zira actually does refer to Scar as her "beloved", so we do know they were mates from that statement.

I think there's just too many signs that point to Nuka being Scar's son that I find it hard not to believe it myself. The storyline of TLK2SP as far as Nuka goes, wouldn't really be quite as solid if Nuka wasn't Scar's first born son anyways, so that's just my opinion on this matter. ^^
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby Golionking » February 6th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Scar is Zira's mate and Nuka is her son so he is Scar's son too.
Golionking
Vitani Lover

Vitani is awesome!

Nickname(s): GLK
Pride Points: 2

Postby parabuteo78 » February 6th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Just think about this; would Zira chose Kovu to become king, if Nuka truely was Scar's son?
I mean, wouldn't she want an actual descendant of her beloved Scar to defeat her nemesis and take his place in the Pride Lands, instead of a non-related cub?
parabuteo78

Respect is free, but it does have to be earned

Pride Points: 0

Postby Dutch » February 6th, 2010, 8:32 pm

[quote="Kopa23"]
But when Nuka dies, Zira says ''Scar... watch over my poor Nuka.'' Oh wait, should I repeat that? ''Scar... watch over my poor Nuka.'' Doesn't that lead us to the fact that he isn't Scar's son?
[/quote]

I would explain that by saying Zira may not be willling to say "our" because Scar is dead; or for some other reason? But I think that Nuka and Vitani are Scar's kids.
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Pride Points: 1

Postby KiarasMate » February 6th, 2010, 9:27 pm

[quote="parabuteo78"]Just think about this; would Zira chose Kovu to become king, if Nuka truely was Scar's son?
I mean, wouldn't she want an actual descendant of her beloved Scar to defeat her nemesis and take his place in the Pride Lands, instead of a non-related cub?[/quote]

No, because it was Scar himself who chose Kovu to be The Chosen one and Zira, being as loyal to Scar as she was, wouldn't disobey her mate's orders, even if he was dead by this point.

From TLK2SP:

Zira: "Oh, haven't you met my son Kovu? He was hand chosen by Scar to follow in his paw prints and become king."

From the deleted scenes from TLK2SP:

Zira: "Scar took you in and accepted you as his own son."
Kovu: "But he wasn't my father."
Zira: "No, but he chose you to become the next king."

Nuka: "You know, speaking of kings, I was thinking, since I am the oldest, maybe I should be king, huh?"
Zira: "Don't be a fool Nuka."
Nuka: "Hahaha, just a thought."
Zira: "Kovu was The Chosen One. We must fulfill Scar's dying wish and train kovu to become king."
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby LadyAislinn » February 6th, 2010, 10:36 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]Scar and Zira had brains.
Nuka does not.

So it seems unlikely that that is the case ^^[/quote]

... :roll: I think it really depends on how you interpret his character.

Like KM said, I believe Scar chose Kovu to be the next heir and Zira wouldn't go against her beloved's wishes. I also think Scar chose Kovu over his son because he wanted to be sure he would have a strong heir and he thought Nuka weak and brainless so he made certain Kovu was going to take over the throne and not Nuka...
LadyAislinn
Scientist, Philosopher

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But Always Wanted To Be A Pirate

Nickname(s): LA, Jessa
Pride Points: 10

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King