I just don't get it.

I just don't get it.

Postby LadyAnette » December 28th, 2009, 6:27 am

You know how in The Lion King, it appears that Scar is the only lion that has a black curved nose in the Pride Lands. His faithful servants are the hyenas. NOT any other lions like him. Well, in the second movie, there are MILLIONS of lions with black noses. How on EARTH did they get so much of them? Mating machines? :yuck: I just don't get it! Any suggestions? :?
LadyAnette

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: I just don't get it.

Postby KiarasMate » December 28th, 2009, 11:55 am

Well, I think it was just a character trait that Disney used to define Scar as being "evil", and seeing as he's the only baddie lion in TLK1, it's understandable that he's the only one with that trait feature. Now, for TLK2SP, there are a lot more baddie lions, and I think Disney liked what they did for Scar's look, so they just transfered the look over to all of The Outlanders. Of course we could always just assume that it was all Scar's doing, but the more logical explination would be that The Pride Lands aren't the only places that have lions, so perhaps it's a trait found in other prides too. Again though, i think it's just to define whose good and whose bad. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby LadyAnette » December 28th, 2009, 12:27 pm

Hmm so prehaps there were other lions like Scar in the pride?
LadyAnette

Postby SimbasMate » January 3rd, 2010, 5:13 am

I have to agree fully with what KM said. And I was about to say the same as well. It's just Disney's way of seperating the Outlanders from the Pridelanders. If every lion in TLK and TLK2SP has the same nose, the outlander and pridelanders would be easily mistaken for each other. As well as their fur color. Pridelanders tend to have the golden-brown and scarlett manes, while the Outlanders get the brown, and black manes and fur body colors. ^^ I don't think it has anything to do with the mating, unless everyone has Scar in their genes! lol
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby MusicLion101 » January 3rd, 2010, 5:25 am

I think there were a lot of Lions with black noses because thats what was written in the script and character design, but I could be wrong, who knows?
Laterrrr...

^
|
|
And don't forget it..

YOU LOST THE GAME
http://www.twitter.com/ML101
Follow me on Twitter
MusicLion101
Longest Ban Survivor

Pride Points: 9

Postby Dutch » January 3rd, 2010, 5:33 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]Well, I think it was just a character trait that Disney used to define Scar as being "evil", and seeing as he's the only baddie lion in TLK1, it's understandable that he's the only one with that trait feature. Now, for TLK2SP, there are a lot more baddie lions[/quote]

^This.

[quote="KiarasMate"]the more logical explination would be that The Pride Lands aren't the only places that have lions, so perhaps it's a trait found in other prides too.[/quote]

^Also this.

That pretty much sums up my opinions.
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Postby Mike » January 3rd, 2010, 5:44 am

well said KM, well quoted Dutch :P

my final, far-fetched idea is all the lions with those features were *coincidentally* away from Pride Rock on the day Simba returned lol... yea right ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby LadyAnette » January 3rd, 2010, 5:45 am

Interesting ideas. I think I have to agree with you all though. :)
LadyAnette

Postby KopsTheTerminator » January 10th, 2010, 11:41 am

I think those lionesses were exiled before Simba was born, and then bought back later at Scar's reign, but considering that there was not enough food for them, Scar exiled them again, with the excuse that ''they should go somewhere else, because this place is doomed'', and that's why the lionesses were royal to him. Then they came back a couple of months later to see what happened, joined Simba's pride, and then they were exiled again for being royal to Scar. That's the way I see it, and I doubt that they all have Scar's genes, expect from maybe Nuka and Vitani. (xD) That's why I believe they weren't shown on TLK, too.

Plus, there could be more lions like Scar but weren't shown in the movie, who knows? ''King'' Joe also looked like Scar and he was in a comic during Mufasa's reign.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Simba » January 10th, 2010, 5:38 pm

according to one storybook, Scar was originally going to take the Pridelands with some of the more renegade members of the pride. but Mufasa banished them when they started causing trouble (although apparently no one connected Scar to it), which is how we got the Outlanders. it makes for a good explanation as to why we don't see them in the first movie...aside from the fact they hadn't thought of the Outlanders yet lol. so Scar might not have been the only one.

in the scenes, the Outlanders' noses change colors randomly. I've seen several with pinkish or tan hooked noses, and there are those with the rounded noses too. more than likely, Disney used the hooked nose to connect them to the villains, Scar and Zira, who both had hooked black noses. it gives them an edgier look than the Pridelanders. that's indirect characterization for ya.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King