Lion King Broadway On Disney+?

Lion King Broadway On Disney+?

Postby SimbasGuard » March 10th, 2022, 9:04 am

I watched A Live Stream Reaction To Disney's Investor Day (On You Tube) They were showing clips of various Disney Properties. The One that really garbed My attention was just a quick scene of Adult Simba from The Broadway show. Then after the Clip Show Bob Chapek said "All those Movies and TV Shows will be available on Disney+, Hulu, or ESPN+
I took that to mean That Lion King Broadway is coming to Disney+. However it could just mean that Disney Insider is just going to do a segment on Lion King Broadway.

If My original thought is right, I think Lion King Broadway could drop on Disney+ in 2024 for The Lion King's 30th Anniversary.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Re: Lion King Broadway On Disney+?

Postby Stormy » March 11th, 2022, 5:20 am

Hm. I'm not entirely sure they will want to with how much money it still makes. If they put it on Disney+, it may give people less of a reason to go and see it in person. Could be wrong though. I personally got to see it in February in NYC.

I've been thinking the upcoming "prequel" will probably release for the 30th anniversary. Production is chugging along.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby SimbasGuard » March 11th, 2022, 7:53 am

You have a valid points Stormy The Follow-Up to The 2019 movie will likely hit theaters in 2024.

I guess all I can do is wait and cross My claws. Actually going to The Lion King Broadway Show is out of the question for Me. (Too Many Hoops to jump through).

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » March 14th, 2022, 2:58 am

the new one might hit 2023. a few of the remakes are hitting Disney+ (like Pinocchio) but according to a recent schedule of Disney theatrical movies we know The Little Mermaid is hitting theaters early 2023 and another movie that was unnamed is hitting 2023.

its very likely that all the movies bound to make money in theaters will be hitting theaters so tlk is a candidate for the 2023 movie.

i can see it being done by then. production has been going on since late summer of last year?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » March 14th, 2022, 5:22 am

maybe so. man... that little mermaid remake has literally been in production since 2016. weird how far out covid pushed it.

i only say 2024 because im basing off of 2016 - 2019 for the previous one. but i suppose it can easily come in 2023 as well if all goes smooth.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » March 14th, 2022, 12:58 pm

they started filming the little mermaid last year. it had been in preproduction for years not actual production
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » March 18th, 2022, 8:26 am

Well if the movie is done by 2023 Then The Broadway Show "could" drop in 2024 like I thought, or even in this year to build some Lion King hype before The movie hits Theaters (I know I sound like The Lion King of wishful thinking).

SimbasGuard

Return to Beyond The Lion King