Must read comic's sequel

Must read comic's sequel

Postby parabuteo78 » December 3rd, 2009, 12:16 am

I hope this in the right category :ehh2:

I saw on the frontpage in the gallery that there was a must-read TLK comic.
I know that comic very well, I have a book of it.
But I also have the sequel of that book from Simba's Pride. The text is in Dutch, if anyone is interested I could scan the entire book and translate the text to English (would take a while).

Here's the cover and a couple of pages:
Attachments
Scan10007.JPG
Scan10004.JPG
Scan1.JPG

My Website, the biggest collection of TLK Coloring Pages!
My dA-page

All graphics on my profile made by me. My signatures are on a rotator and will appear at random. Refresh the page to see another one.

Like my graphics? Have a look at my thread and feel free to make a request: Parabuteo78’s Graphics
parabuteo78

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Respect is free, but it does have to be earned

Pride Points: 0

Re: Must read comic's sequel

Postby LilTiger » December 3rd, 2009, 12:25 am

It looks interesting lol.
You could scan it and show it to us if you want to, but it's your choice.
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby PrincessKiara » December 3rd, 2009, 12:47 am

I actually have it (in English) but I don’t have a scanner...
It’s a great read though! It would be amazing of you if you would scan it and translate it so everyone could enjoy it. :) It’s up to you, of course!
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Akril » December 3rd, 2009, 2:16 am

That comic was posted on Lilymud several years ago, and it was translated, but I'm not sure where the thread the translated version it appeared in is now. I'll try to find it...

EDIT: This thread originally had scans of all the comic pictures (the attachments don't work anymore, though : ( ), and there are several incomplete translations of the dialogue.

The comic really is great, by the way. The characters are drawn even better than they appear in SP, Nala's eyes are the right color, Vitani's design is more consistent, and best of all...

No "Upendi."
Last edited by Akril on December 3rd, 2009, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby DarkLiger » December 3rd, 2009, 2:27 am

I think there is something legal about that, I think that you need disney's permission to put up scans of it. I would pm moka about since its his site you would be uploading it on, but I honestly don't know.
Image<-Made by SimbaImage<- Made by TeenSimba
Image<-Made by Simba
Image<- Made by TeenSimba
DarkLiger

Postby KopsTheTerminator » December 3rd, 2009, 7:48 am

lolwut

I have that comic in Greek. :)

And why does everyone hate Upendi so much? :ehh:
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Akril » December 4th, 2009, 6:38 pm

[quote="Kopa23"]lAnd why does everyone hate Upendi so much? :ehh:[/quote]
I can't speak for everyone else and I wouldn't say that I hate "Upendi" either, I just think it clashes with the rest of the film too much. It contributes virtually nothing to the plot and looks like something that would be more at home in the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon show. As abstract as "I Just Can't Wait to be King" was, at least it made some sense as a colorful fantasy world seen through the eyes of a little cub, but "Upendi" just seemed like something the writers threw in to keep the younger kids in the audience entertained.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby thanigraphics » December 17th, 2009, 8:34 pm

o mai god. Not lilymud. too many drama-llama's there, I've left that horrible place :s
But the comic is really fun! It's in Dutch, my language! Could you post more pages on here? I'd love to read this, once again ;)
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby parabuteo78 » December 18th, 2009, 10:54 am

[quote="thanigraphics"]o mai god. Not lilymud. too many drama-llama's there, I've left that horrible place :s
But the comic is really fun! It's in Dutch, my language! Could you post more pages on here? I'd love to read this, once again ;)[/quote]

I'll scan the comic this weekend and upload the pages to a photobucket album. I'll post the link when it's done. ;)

My dA-page

All graphics on my profile made by me. My signatures are on a rotator and will appear at random. Refresh the page to see another one.

Like my graphics? Have a look at my thread and feel free to make a request: Parabuteo78’s Graphics
parabuteo78

Postby parabuteo78 » December 18th, 2009, 11:01 am

[quote="Akril"]I can't speak for everyone else and I wouldn't say that I hate "Upendi" either, I just think it clashes with the rest of the film too much. It contributes virtually nothing to the plot and looks like something that would be more at home in the Timon and Pumbaa cartoon show. As abstract as "I Just Can't Wait to be King" was, at least it made some sense as a colorful fantasy world seen through the eyes of a little cub, but "Upendi" just seemed like something the writers threw in to keep the younger kids in the audience entertained.[/quote]

I don't think it fits in with the rest of the film, so I agree with you.
It's my least favorite part of SP. Usually I skip it. :P

My dA-page

parabuteo78

Return to Beyond The Lion King