When is TLK set?

Re: When is TLK set?

Postby RayCat » December 2nd, 2009, 8:00 pm

I just think that it's set as whatever time the viewer imagines it to be. But it's probably set recently, because of the whole evolution thing, lol.
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby CommandoTheLion » December 4th, 2009, 5:31 pm

there its gotta be when humans are around it just in a remote place.
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby PrincessKiara » December 6th, 2009, 1:47 am

In the early 90s? :P

Seriously though, I believe it’s set in recent times. The fact that there are no humans is one of the reasons why I love TLK so much. The animal characters replace the roles of human characters.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Simba » December 6th, 2009, 3:43 am

well, that's the great thing about it: it could be any point over a certain timespan. there are remote places in Africa, and if you've ever seen documentaries on nature set on the Serengeti, there's no traces of humans to be seen. so it could be present time, or a looooooong time in the past.

if you count the Timon & Pumbaa Show into the TLK realm for anything, then it would be modern day (even though they did have adventures in like ancient Rome and ancient Egypt in a couple episodes).
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby FuzzySimba » December 6th, 2009, 5:50 am

You know i just figured it out! I know exactly how to answer this question! This is sucha great piece of art hat it shall always be Timeless for me and the rest of the world as the quality of the animation and the sheer look of everything about it from the grubs to the shading of Pride Rock shall nerver be matched!

That is my belief as there isn't any timeline as is shall forever be current! No matter what the generation that is just one of the single of many Beautiful things that athere are about the film! :)
I am a AMV creater and if you want to
check out my Channel.
Click Here: http://www.youtube.com/user/ACE1JONB
Simba's Words:
"The Great Kings of the past are up there watching over us."
Created By LadyAnette Thank You! Your My Friend Always!
FuzzySimba
Still here living it up!

Feeling Fuzzy inside

Nickname(s): Fuzzy, FS,
Pride Points: 8

Postby SarabisMate » December 6th, 2009, 5:53 am

now that's an answer my friend ;)
ImageShika
Spoiler: show
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Pride Points: 3

Postby FuzzySimba » December 6th, 2009, 5:55 am

TPAM its my god's honest truth as it well never be matched with anything! You know why?? Ill tell you **55 million copies sold on VHS** thats why, The most succesfull VHS in hitory!
check out my Channel.
Simba's Words:
FuzzySimba
Still here living it up!

Feeling Fuzzy inside

Postby Mike » December 6th, 2009, 10:26 am

Well said ^.^ Forever in the present.

[quote="Moka"]Judging by the number of stars though, Simba was not one of the first kings, that's for sure ;)[/quote]

Great way of looking at it! I like that ^.^
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby PrincessKiara » December 6th, 2009, 2:13 pm

True classics are timeless: Like TLK and Bambi. :D
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby FuzzySimba » December 6th, 2009, 6:17 pm

Bamlet lmao! That is what the directers called it when it was on the drawing boards.
check out my Channel.
Simba's Words:
FuzzySimba
Still here living it up!

Feeling Fuzzy inside

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King