About Deadpool 2 and The Lion King. kinda spoilers?

About Deadpool 2 and The Lion King. kinda spoilers?

Postby Elton John » August 2nd, 2020, 10:06 am

Ok technically “Once upon a Deadpool” aka the pg13 cut of Deadpool 2.

The og version of the movie has a tlk joke at the start, something about Deadpool 2 being a family movie and how all the best family movies start off with murder and then he lists Bambi and The Lion King.

Then the pg13 cut adds another tlk joke in the Princess Bride riff scenes where I think it is Ben Savage mentions the story of DP2 using an awful, outdated trope called “fridging” which is based off an old comic... green lantern, green artow, the flash... one of those DC characters where their motivation came from finding their dead girlfriend in a fridge...

yeah

and deadpool mentions something about simba and the lion king? which is just sooooo wrong because fridging usually implies that the heroes are motivated by their deceased girlfriend or wife.

and uh. wow
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: About Deadpool 2 and The Lion King. kinda spoilers?

Postby SimbasGuard » August 12th, 2020, 2:57 pm

That's sad do You think That Deadpool didn't really watch The Lion King?
Oh and it's Fred Savage (Ben Savage's older brother).

I would move Once Upon A Deadpool to the top of My movies I need to Rent/see somehow list, but I just realized that if I wait it will likely end up on Disney+
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » August 12th, 2020, 10:58 pm

it was a doofy joke (he acts in a silly shock when he says “like mufasa in the lion king?” and fred savage gives an eye rolling sarcastic “yes”.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » August 14th, 2020, 8:42 am

OK Truthfully though I did actually want to see Once Upon A Deadpool. I like the idea of The Princess Bride spoof :lol:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King