"Black Is King" - A film by Beyoncé

"Black Is King" - A film by Beyoncé

Postby Panpardus » July 22nd, 2020, 4:01 pm

Continuing this spinoff material from last year's remake film, Beyoncé has apparently spent the last year working on a film/visual album interpretation based on her soundtrack [i]The Lion King: The Gift[/i]. Apparently it'll be premiering on Disney+ at the end of the month, and at least a few songs from her soundtrack (specifically "My Power", "Mood 4 Eva", and "Brown Skin Girl") have been confirmed to have their own musical numbers/sequences. Perhaps it's worth a look?

Trailer released earlier this week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69MO7yU0d70
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: "Black Is King" - A film by Beyoncé

Postby Stormy » July 22nd, 2020, 4:04 pm

Yep, I've been hearing a lot about this. Good amount of people seem to be hyped up for it.

I'm definitely gonna try to give it a watch anyways and see how it is. It seems interesting.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » July 25th, 2020, 11:28 am

I'll give it a watch too. It's more of a work that's inspired by the spirit of The Lion King and The Gift soundtrack she put together. But it's great that Beyonce is creating something meaningful. It also adds to the representation that is still needed in today's entertainment industry.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » August 1st, 2020, 5:03 pm

There is now a deluxe version of the album with three new songs? Two of which come with explicit warnings oh my oh my.

I mean the Kendrick Lamar album for Black Panther had explicit songs which I think was a first for Disney, but this is a first in that this was made for a Disney movie that is a PG remake of a G movie that is a part of the Walt Disney animated canon and is a WDAS creation not something they bought...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » August 1st, 2020, 11:22 pm

Listening to the deluxe version now. It's advertised as three new songs but it's really just two: "Black Parade" has two versions (both are labeled "explicit") tacked on at the end, one of which is an extended version, and the 'third' song is a remix of "Find Your Way Back" by Melo X (unfamiliar with them). "Black Parade" isn't exactly a new song by itself; it's been floating around for about a month as a single unrelated to this project, so this is just Disney/Beyoncé taking advantage of the movie release to push the album again. It's not a bad song; the explicit warning comes because she says f**k twice but that's about it. It was clearly written in the wake of the recent sociopolitical COVID climate, so there's a bit of a protest sentiment in there.

Don't have Disney+ so I probably won't see the movie any time soon, but my social media circle seems to indicate that it's being quite well received.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Return to Beyond The Lion King