What a "post-Simba" Lion King sequel be likable?

What a "post-Simba" Lion King sequel be likable?

Postby FriendlyHyena » December 10th, 2018, 3:23 am

Since Simba is associated with the Lion King, if they were to make a sequel where he and Nala had passed on, due to old age, as is likely if they actually made a sequel, would fans come out to see it or would it probably flop because Simba really wasn't in it?
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: What a "post-Simba" Lion King sequel be likable?

Postby Panpardus » December 18th, 2018, 4:33 pm

I doubt it would flop because of Simba's absence. If anything it'll probably interest more people, so long as the film continues the themes of family and legacy and it isn't set too many generations away from familiar characters.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » December 19th, 2018, 1:43 am

As long as the story and characters are good and relatable, I think the fans would like it. There's certainly a story before Simba that I think is worth telling, and it's possible to tell a story that takes place after Simba's reign. You just have a lot of characters to work with and then new characters on top of it, but it can work.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » December 19th, 2018, 8:07 am

A Lion King sequel where Simba And Nala have passed on would be a very difficult undertaking.

As TheLionPrince said if it is too many generations away from the characters we know and love. It will be off-putting

If you start the movie with Simba And Nala's funeral that will be off-putting.

If you start the movie without addressing the fact that Simba And Nala have passed away The viewer will be wondering where they are until they are seen or mentioned. The audince might not invest in the story.

I think the only thing you could do is open with Simba And Nala stepping down from The Throne, but not because they are too weak and frail. Nor is their health failing. Perhaps they just feel (for lack of a better expression). That it is time.

That then leaves the problem of sending Simba And Nala off somewhere so that the movie can go forward without them.

Then have them come back to assist (not save the day) in the final battle. (Just to let the viewers know Simba And Nala are retired, they are not dead.)

The really difficult part is that between all that Simba And Nala stuff I mentioned there needs to be an awesome movie.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » April 16th, 2019, 8:01 pm

not a chance. they did the Lion Guard and the remake, I don't think there will be another sequel.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » April 20th, 2019, 11:12 pm

Depending on how The Lion Guard ends, I think it could leave the door open for a sequel that is just begging to be made.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Heleigh » April 24th, 2019, 9:27 pm

Interesting question. I guess it could be possible, but most unlikely. It's hard to imagine TLK without Simba (he's the mascot after all), so I think he would be involved somehow. But I believe the upcoming remake and TLG series finale will be the last official ones and that's it. Although, anything is possible. Hard to say.
Heleigh
In your reflection

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Return to Beyond The Lion King