A Kenyan watches "The Lion King" for the first time

A Kenyan watches "The Lion King" for the first time

Postby Panpardus » October 23rd, 2017, 7:19 am

Ha, so this one came up in my "suggested" thread on YouTube and I indulged myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2Ys6QTDFdo

In case the title didn't tell you enough, this Kenyan-born YouTuber is one of those rare millennials - I guess if you're in your early 20s you're still considered a millennial(...?) - who until about a month ago hadn't seen The Lion King. I actually do have a friend or two who've never seen the movie, and it's my goal to eventually see to it that they watch. :lol:
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: A Kenyan watches "The Lion King" for the first time

Postby Elton John » October 23rd, 2017, 8:07 am

Ha! her reactions were amusing to say the least.

She went into the movie knowing almost nothing about it. and she understood the hype at the end.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » October 24th, 2017, 6:53 pm

And that, my friends, is why The Lion King is still a classic where its emotional power, dramatic content, and its timelessness still has its effect on audiences today. I really wished she showed her reaction to Nala's return and the "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" scene, but oh well. That was a great video.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » October 24th, 2017, 10:29 pm

I was really hoping to see her reaction to the actual "Remember" scene, given how invested she was in the idea of Mufasa still being alive and her wanting Simba to see his father again.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Return to Beyond The Lion King