Elton John likely to not return on the tlk remake.

Elton John likely to not return on the tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » February 27th, 2017, 1:53 pm

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/02/26/the-lion-king-remake-music-elton-john-not-returning-disney/

It seems very unlikely at this point, and Elton had some harsh words towards the house of mouse.

This might change, however. Only just recently did celine dion record a new song for the beauty and the beast remake. That movie is out in less than a month.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: Elton John likely to not return on the tlk remake.

Postby Carambulesco » February 27th, 2017, 4:43 pm

That's sad. Elton John is the best composer. I really hope that he return to the remake.
But if he don't, we have John Williams to do it. Hahahahahah
"There comes a certain time in life that you have to listen to your heart to take the path of happiness or satisfaction. I'm trying to find my destiny, and all I've found is adventure and Nature. But I'll keep looking for clearer answers.
The more I move away from humanity, the more human I feel."
:happyjasiri:
Carambulesco
Simba X Sodona

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nature is my home, with the Circle of Life

Telegram: @99999999fff
Pride Points: 2

Re: Elton John likely to not return on the tlk remake.

Postby TheLionPrince » February 27th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Well, this is a strange turn of events. Richard Sherman wrote some new verses to "I Wanna Be Like You" while Alan Menken came back to the Beauty and the Beast remake. I wonder how the studio's relationship with Elton could have soured. Nevertheless, I hope he does reconsider if Disney properly approach him about coming back, but only if it's necessary to have new songs. Remember he and Tim Rice came back to write new songs during production of the Broadway musical, and we got "Chow Down", which was among one of the weaker new songs.

That said, the remake of Jungle Book wasn't much of a musical although it used two songs from the original film. Jon Favreau may keep that same approach with the Lion King remake.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to Beyond The Lion King