Talking Animals In SP

Talking Animals In SP

Postby PrincessKiara » November 22nd, 2009, 12:02 am

During the song One Of Us, in SP, the animals that have gathered around Pride Rock are all singing. This is the first time any non-lion character (except for Zazu, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki and the Hyenas) have spoken.

I find these animals drawn more naturalisticly, whereas the lions are more "cartoony" so I think of the zebras, giraffes,etc. as actual animals, not animals acting like humans. (If that makes sense.)

I thought it was strange to hear the other animals speak/sing, they have only worked as "extras" before, being mute creatures who show up at Pride Rock to watch seremonies and serve as prey for the Pride.

Think about it: When Kiara was out hunting, any antelope could turn around and say "Please, Princess Kiara, don’t kill me!"

What are your thoughts about this? Does this bother anyone else? :ehh2:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Talking Animals In SP

Postby Chanzo » November 22nd, 2009, 12:08 am

I didn't find it odd at all, until you made me think about it. It would be a bit odd if the animals talked at other times in the movie. Then again, the same thing happened in "I just can't wait to be king", so it's not just SP.

The Northern Lights | Bolt Zone Forums | YouTube

"This one goes out to all the girls with braces for keeping it metal." - Adam D of Killswitch Engage
Chanzo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Oh Yeah!

Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » November 22nd, 2009, 12:12 am

[quote="Chanzo"]I didn't find it odd at all, until you made me think about it. It would be a bit odd if the animals talked at other times in the movie. Then again, the same thing happened in "I just can't wait to be king", so it's not just SP.[/quote]

Yes, but "I Just Can’t Wait To Be King" is very special, it’s like a childish daydream that Simba has. (That’s the way I see it, anyway) So I’ve never thought about IJCWTBK the same way as Not One Of Us.
PrincessKiara

Postby SimbasMate » November 22nd, 2009, 12:22 am

You have a good point.. lol Maybe it was because Simba was too lazy to sing? I don't know. But he did order the exile? So is that probably why, the animals were the ones exiling Kovu. That made no sesne xD
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Smudge » November 22nd, 2009, 12:54 am

Well thats a very interesting thought, I had never noticed it before either! I always thought that since we're seeing the Lions point of view they wouldn't understand the other animals, but now that I think of it it doesn't make sense with Timon, Pumbaa and Zazu.

I've seen in songs that the rules can be bent a bit though so maybe their singing is to get across that all the animals reject him, even if to the lions it just sounds like a bunch of gibberish. It's a real noodle scratcher I don't think that there is a real solid answer there.
Smudge

Nickname(s): Pip, Hails, Hayley
Pride Points: 0

Postby LadyAnette » November 26th, 2009, 9:17 pm

Hmmm this DOES bother me......:/
LadyAnette

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 26th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Nope, it doesn't really bother me. I believe that the animals understand that them being eaten by the others is part of the great circle of life and respect that. But they could at least respect Mufasa and stop running instead of trampling him to death. :x
KopsTheTerminator

Postby LadyAnette » November 26th, 2009, 9:21 pm

I dunno! :/
LadyAnette

Postby PrincessKiara » November 26th, 2009, 9:41 pm

[quote="Kopa23"]Nope, it doesn't really bother me. I believe that the animals understand that them being eaten by the others is part of the great circle of life and respect that. But they could at least respect Mufasa and stop running instead of trampling him to death. :x[/quote]

That is true. Mufasa does teach Simba how all the animals are connected in the Circle of Life.

*mumbles under her breath about disrespecting wildebeest* :ehh:
PrincessKiara

Return to Beyond The Lion King