What do you imagine prideland marriage ceremonies are like?

What do you imagine prideland marriage ceremonies are like?

Postby Elton John » December 23rd, 2016, 1:35 pm

The royal ones.

Since marriage is apparently a thing in the tlk universe, and it's 6 in the morning so i'm bored and overthinking things I was curious as to how you imagined a pridelands marriage ceremony to be?

I'm not an expert in African marriage ceremonies but I can imagine they are very different from the traditional western/christian ones. Africa is a huge continent so I can also imagine it varying from region to region.

In a pridelands ceremony all the animals are shamelessly naked. No wedding gown or tux. No rings. No garter.

I think it would probably be a short and simple ceremony. No large gatherings. There would be a few witnesses. Since royal marriages are arranged i'm assuming there is no profession of love as it would get really awkward if the bride hates the groom or vice versa.

There might be a feast afterwards. Like, some of the zebra invited would make for lovely steaks.

Or maybe gazelles...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: What do you imagine prideland marriage ceremonies are li

Postby Justmeonhere » December 23rd, 2016, 2:26 pm

I always thinked that the cerimony at the end of Simba's Pride is a sort of marrage between Kiara and Kovu. So, marriages will be something along these lines. For the feast afterwards...:lol:
"And your defect is a propensity to hate everybody."
"And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them."
Pride and Prejudice Chapter 11
"Sir, you are no gentleman"
"And you, miss, are no lady... Don't think that I hold that against you. Ladies have never held any charm for me."
Scarlett and Rhett in Gone with the wind
Justmeonhere

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

May the Austen be with you!

Pride Points: 2

Postby TheLionPrince » December 23rd, 2016, 9:40 pm

^Same. You hit it on the nose.

The ceremony at the end of Simba's Pride felt like a wedding ceremony.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby moonsugar33 » December 24th, 2016, 9:55 am

The less anthro the better!
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby SimbasGuard » December 26th, 2016, 6:04 am

Even though I was initially resistant to the idea. Like Justmeonhere and TheLionPrince said. The ceremony at the end of Lion King 2 was Kovu And Kiara's wedding. It is obviously a big deal as all the animals are gathered at Pride Rock. Just like they gather for the presentation of Royal Cubs or at least the heir to the throne.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kina » July 18th, 2017, 1:52 pm

I'm going to chime in here and say that - at least for the Pridelands - the end scene of TLK2 was pretty much the marriage ceremony. I don't think that herds would have cared too much if warring prides stopped fighting as long as they weren't being poached in the meantime, so this was effectively bringing in a (future) ruling body that they were beholden to.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Return to Beyond The Lion King