Disneycember - The Lion King sequels

Re: Disneycember - The Lion King sequels

Postby Ultra Fox » January 16th, 2017, 1:15 am

I don't see the smugness personally. He seems like a very down-to-earth guy to me. To each their own, I can at least see where you're coming from on it.

Still like Doug more than Lindsay even now for their videos. I like her videos, but that's honestly what I think. HOWEVER, I feel like Phelous may be the even more enjoyable film reviewer than even Doug now. His videos make me die of laughter every time.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Elton John » January 16th, 2017, 1:20 am

I was more talking about smugness in his tlk review. He exhibited behaviors I had never seen from him, like he wanted to take down fans of the film a peg or two.

As far as channel awesome reviewers go, my absolute favorite is brad jones aka the cinema snob. He's not very snobby at all, and his jokes work more often than not.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ultra Fox » January 16th, 2017, 1:26 am

Yeah, I do like Brad Jones' videos. Enjoyed his probably as long as Doug's.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Squeely » January 21st, 2017, 12:25 pm

I enjoy Doug's reviews. Sure, his character is very bombastic and a touch annoying at times, but I always like seeing different perspectives on things. Even if I don't always agree with them.

It's worth keeping in mind that he isn't a hardcore TLK fan by any stretch. To someone like that, they don't really know any better when it comes to some of the Kimba similarities, and they likewise won't pick up on the subtleties that make SP good. I know it was years and years, and hundreds of viewings, before I gave much thought to how truly well-done Simba's arc is. For someone likely seeing it for the first time, finding it alright is about what I'd expect.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby FlipMode » January 29th, 2017, 10:11 pm

First time I saw TLK 2 when I was younger I thought it was "okay" as well. I only really appreciate it more now because I'm a fan of the entire franchise and Disney in general. And so I've seen a lot of Disney movies and I've watched all the TLK movies a good few times and now think it's actually a pretty good movie. It's not an amazing Disney movie but it's certainly a pretty good one.

I mean with the direct to video Disney sequels, anything "okay" is a job very well done, there were some downright bad ones so for TLK2 to be as good as it was makes it pretty respectable and I think that's kind of the point he was making.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Elton John » January 29th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Yeah.

TLK2 is a bloody masterpiece compared to Hunchback 2. Compared to the first it's merely ok.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Squeely » January 31st, 2017, 5:37 am

I also feel like Doug would have given SP more praise had he seen more of the bad sequels before he watched it. Every sequel he saw before SP had some things going for them (even Jungle Book 2 had a pretty cool Shere Khan climax). Alas, the folly of watching them in the order they came out (save for last year's, which were watched because they were the only two that saw a US theatrical release).
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King