Platinum/Special Editions Questions (TLK Trilogy)

Re: Platinum/Special Editions Questions (TLK Trilogy)

Postby KionScar » December 2nd, 2016, 5:51 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I bought a new copy of the Platinum Edition DVD last year from eBay. It was also shrink-wrapped and claimed to be new, but I struggled to find the "original theatrical version" which it isn't. Actually, it was the IMAX version without "The Morning Report". I don't want to feed you any false information on how to access it, but if you do find the menu selection featuring both versions of the film, it should look like this:

[quote="KionScar"]Secondly, I recall an SP where Zira grabs Kiara's paw/leg in an attempt to bring her with her (the river scene) - which TLK SP is that? :?[/quote]

Are you talking about when Kiara intercept Zira's bounce when she tries to lunge at Simba, or when Kiara and Zira are dangling from the cliff? While changes have been made to the original VHS edition of Simba's Pride, that section of the movie was left unaltered (aside from changing the aspect ratio).[/quote]

For the first part, I appear to be having difficulties getting to that screen to chose or :sad:

As for the second part, Kiara intercepts Zira's lunge and both go off cliff, though I distinctly recall a version were before Kiara pulls herself up Zira says something along the lines that if she is to go then she [Kiara] is to go with her and she grabs Kiara's hind leg attempting to take her with her.
:?
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby KionScar » December 3rd, 2016, 1:24 am

Hey guys, this is the selections screen I get on putting in what appears to be the first disc:

:?
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KionScar » December 3rd, 2016, 8:15 pm

Just an update, in case anyone wanted to know: I have gotten a response from the seller, and another copy is said to be sent out. :)
KionScar

Postby KionScar » December 8th, 2016, 9:08 pm

:(

Looks like the replacement TLK1 is also TLK2, unless there's some trick I do not know about? :?
KionScar

Postby Elton John » December 8th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Try and get a refund and buy the dvd...on...amazon...wait...just looked up the prices on amazon for a non-bootleg copy. Kinda ridiculous...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionScar » December 8th, 2016, 11:46 pm

If I must, I will. I have left them a message.

But Amazon also wants shipping costs and last I've seen doesn't take Paypal, so not really an option.
KionScar

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King