New things would you want to possibly see in the remake?

New things would you want to possibly see in the remake?

Postby Darkshine Laufeyson » October 2nd, 2016, 7:36 pm

I would personally like to see this. Especially if they decide to make the movie more "mature" like with The Jungle Book.

-an expansion on the mythology and lore of the Pridelands
-More of Scar's reign [I know a lot of people have mentioned this already.]
-bringing in Mheetu would be so awesome, even if he only had a minor role
-that deleted scene where Scar tries to make Nala his queen before she leaves to find Simba, I mean, they included it in the musical, so why not the remake as well? I believe it was the "Scar's Madness" scene.
-Any other deleted scenes
-Just more Scar, he's awesome. I'd like to delve into more of his POV
-This is very unlikely, considering that even if the movie did well, they wanted to do TLK2 also. But even so, what if they brought in Zira for an appearance, and maybe Nuka since he was his only true heir. As I stated above this could be if it had more of Scar's view.
-In the end, what if there were two cubs instead of one? Since now it's clear that the original movie had a sequel? The movie could at least acknowledge that Simba and Nala had two cubs, whether the second cub is either Kion or Kopa. I mean, I know Kopa isn't really canon even though I like to think he is, but I've also kind of forgotten if TLG is canon to the movie universe. XD

I know budget and time is essential to consider, but I wouldn't mind if they cut some of Timon and Pumbaa to include some of these.
Siggie under construction, watch this space!
I love animals, acting, and dancing! Tom Hiddleston fangirl. <3
Warriors Cats|Guardians of Ga'Hoole|Redwall|Wings of Fire|The Named|Disney|HTTYD|LOTR|Harry Potter|Narnia|Inheritance|MARVEL/DC|Star Wars|Jurassic Park|Doctor Who|MLP/LPS|Pokemon
Darkshine Laufeyson

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: New things would you want to possibly see in the remake?

Postby Tsuki » October 2nd, 2016, 8:52 pm

I'd like to see more of Scar's reign and maybe Simba as a teen but what I would love most is for them to include Shadowland or a similar scene.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Rollo » October 2nd, 2016, 9:38 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » October 2nd, 2016, 10:14 pm

-No traditional musical numbers, instead putting their compositions into the regular score. Also I want Michael Giacchino doing the score.

-Bigger roles for the female characters.

-This one is gonna be unpopular but.... all new voice cast, with the voice cast being at least 80% black or African.

-I want the movie to retain the spirit of the original, most of the same plot points and character personality traits but no boring paint by the numbers remake please. I want it to be its own thing, and not be redundant with the first. But also not to stray too far from the original like maleficent.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby HasiraKali » October 2nd, 2016, 10:30 pm

I'd really like a soundtrack with a heavy African influence. There a good amount of it in the original, but I think it'd be great to really amp it up for this. I'd also like to see them continue the whole integration of Swahili phrases trend that they're doing with TLG. It'd be cool to see African animals actually speaking African languages. Maybe even a little more of the mysticism in the Pride Lands would be neat.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Elton John » October 2nd, 2016, 11:09 pm

Oh! A more African influenced soundtrack sounds great.

There are three songs I think must stay. King of Pride Rock and Kings of the Past, and the busa theme.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Captain Cupcake » October 3rd, 2016, 12:02 am

If old material is to be slightly referenced in an otherwise mostly new score, I'd like Mufasa's leitmotif to be the one that gets interwoven throughout it the most, given that it extends beyond just the character and also represents kingship in general. You know it's important to the franchise when it's still referenced in a recent product like in the very beginning of The Lion Guard's pilot. As much as I equally love Simba's theme, I imagine he'd get a new one altogether, but the original could be referenced at some point, such as a rearrangement of the ascension scene's rendition of his theme for the climax of the film.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby Panpardus » October 3rd, 2016, 1:15 am

Most of my desires have already been mentioned -- addition of various scenes, removing at least some of the toilet humor, more African influence including the voice casting and even languages used, and a much better setup to any sequel dealing with Zira being the primary ones -- so I don't feel the need to elaborate on those. I do have two things though:

1. Make the Pride Lands less kingdom-like. Ironic considering the title and storyline we all love, but from what we've seen with the cartoon franchise, the relationships that the lions have with the rest of the animals in the ecosystem seems pretty inconsistent, or at least poorly established. From what I saw in The Jungle Book, that local ecosystem felt a lot 'real world' one. It didn't seem too much like a human society transplanted onto a wild setting. The Lion King would need to be the same way, with more of a naturalistic feel to the relationships between different species.

2. Kind of a subset to 1, but actually show the lions hunting. It doesn't have to be National Geographic special-level brutal, but showing a chase and tackle -- as is in the original script which I read over the summer -- would really help to both establish the more brutal but necessary aspects of life in the Pride Lands (really ramming home the whole 'Circle of Life' mortality theme), as well as giving the audience a better appreciation for how integral the lionesses are to the pride and how strong they are both individually and as a unit.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Rollo » October 3rd, 2016, 10:58 am

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » October 3rd, 2016, 11:08 am

I think that if the movie is pg13 we might see the lionesses hunt.

Other things I want.

-I changed my mind on no musical numbers. After simba and nala meet, I want Elton John to pop up with a piano and start singing 'Can you feel the love tonight?'. The only human actor in the movie.

-Sora, donald and goofy show up as they were in kh2. They help Simba take down Scar.

-Kimba the white lion shows up for 30 seconds, and then disappears never to be mentioned again.

-Kion and his Guard show up from their s3 episode of the lion guard 'time travelling in the savannah' and help Simba save Mufasa from death.

-One of the songs is Molossus from Batman Begins as Hans Zimmer forgot what movie he was working on, and it was too late to change it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King