It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 19th, 2016, 3:00 pm

I don't particularly feel excited or anything towards the announcement but if they make new versions/remakes of the old soundtrack I'll be pretty happy tbh. I've not watched any of their recent 'live action' remakes, are they more serious than their animated counterparts? I just want to know if I should have any vain hopes of seeing any of the Broadway songs in the film. (that AREN'T The Morning Bore, Disney...) :P

This said I do think the concept of the remake is very silly. Part of the charm of the original film was that I adored the animation style, having a 'live action' remake just sounds... weird? I don't know. I'm open to the concept but yeah...

Oh yeah as other people said, I'd love to see more characters developed better in this as well. Perhaps give characters like Sarabi a bit more screentime as well?
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » October 19th, 2016, 3:06 pm

The Jungle Book and Petes Dragon definitely felt more serious. Petes Dragon felt very indie, a lot more subdued and subtle than most modern remakes. There's no camp, very little cheese and isn't for those who constantly demand for things to happen onscreen.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 19th, 2016, 3:10 pm

Oh I'm interested in that case, maybe I should watch the new Jungle Book at some point to see as I do like the original as well. Any news on whether they'll be bringing any of the old voice actors back? I'd love to see Jeremy Irons do Scar again. :) (Sorry, I'm VERY out of the loop with the fandom recently. :P)
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » October 19th, 2016, 3:15 pm

No voice actor news yet. We will likely get casting news before next summer.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » October 19th, 2016, 4:04 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]:roll: :exasperated: :forgetit: :eyeroll:(hearing all the blah blah blah blah jugment) :notimpressed: :oh?: :roll2: :tired: And Im so glad im ignoring all this judgment over my 2 #1 favorite films, because I dont want the over negative thinking to ruin what is a big part of me, despite as I have said before, I dont like how Disney changed there employees when it comes to movies, and I have already said change is hard get used to it and get over it. I am proud to be a fan of anything to do with the lion king, cause of how beautiful the world even if they didn't make it perfect the second time, its better then nothing, even though the beautiful elements African music even in the second one which I find the best isn't everyone's cup of tea when it comes to there taste in music genres(to me I just dont get how they dont see the beauty in TLK2 like I do, I could teach it in one day). I have said before Im glad we are getting another different version of the lion king, because with lion king 1, 2, 1,1/2 the musical, TLG and now this remake, I get to have a more different variety of the world to embrace, no matter the differences, no matter how much people say it should be this way or it should have been better this way, no matter any kind of negative judgment I take it with a grain of salt and I make it work, why? because im jealous of Harry Potter fans and Star Wars fans especcialyl, I wished for lion king to have a continuous infinity of chronicles and stories that never end, but no Lion King was not made like it (the fan fiction was all I ever got) BUT this is the closest im ever going to get, and if lion king is my escape from reality and the paradise in my mind and for my imagination then im I'll live with it all for the rest of my life, LONG LIVE THE LION KING OLD AND NEW, because I see a deeper meaning to TLK then just it being based off Hamlet, never cared for the hamlet part I have always ignored that, I see lion king as a good lesson to life and my dream vacation...Africa. and above all I love lions and animals, put it all together and you got TLK[/quote]

You don't need to get so angry at people saying negative things about the franchise. It comes across as being so absurdly childish. We're allowed to find faults within these movies and talk about them as much as we want. If anything, the sheer fact that we talk about them so much, and analyse them and look at them in-depth, says a lot about how much we love this franchise. We're clearly willing to spend a lot more time on it than the average moviegoer who watches these movies. You can still absolutely adore the franchise and find many things wrong with it, like I do. I am well aware that the original movie isn't flawless, but I love it to pieces and I always will.

We were just having an adult discussion about the movies we love. That's it.

@Kops I think you would enjoy the new Jungle Book and I definitely recommend it. When I went to see it in theatres it was the first time in a LONG while that I had left the cinema feeling satisfied with what I watched. I can't say the same about Pete's Dragon because I haven't watched it yet, but seeing that The Jungle Book has a lot of similarities with TLK anyway, it does help to give us a bit of an insight into what the remake could be like.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Timon the great » October 23rd, 2016, 6:05 pm

To me, I personally feel that this idea for a remake is a definitely a marketing or "cash cow" thing that Disney wants to do because of the money they've been racking in from their recent live action remakes. Their word of "reimagining" obviously explains that everything about it is going to be completely remade. Yet, I had hoped that they wouldn't have considered doing something like this to a unique animated trilogy film franchise. Even though I did think there was a possibility of them eventually doing a live action version. But my worst nightmare on this is coming true now.

I can understand in some ways why the company made LG because they wanted to give the animated franchise a little "kick" since it had been over a decade after 1 1/2 was released. But when it comes to things like this, the real lesson to learn here is that always wanting something "new and improved" is never always the answer.

Even if the remake doesn't turn out to be really good, people out there are still going to praise it either way because let's face it, a lot of people out there nowadays really don't know what's truly good anymore.

Sure, this could be a subjective thing in which I realize. But no matter how you look at it with what disney wants to do here, it'll hurt the animated franchise in one way or another because it's something that was done in the past. And more people out there respond to something that's live action rather than animated. This is a very obvious thing now proven over history a lot of times already in the film industry.

I really hope disney might reconsider not going through with this thing in the end, and leave the film franchise as it is already known. A creatively animated one with beautiful animated and also very lovely human-like animal characters (like Timon), that doesn't need any kind of live action remake.

My fave (if he is featured on the remake in which I hope he isn't) looking weird like he does on lion guard is actually the least of my worries here because I can never imagine how he would look on a live action version. But if the remake does actually come through, it's Not going to be on my watch list. I'm going to simply ignore it.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Postby Elton John » October 23rd, 2016, 6:15 pm

I doubt the movie will be live action. It'll likely be photorealistic cgi animals and backgrounds.

Ignoring it is fine. You don't have to watch it if you don't want to.

I ignore anything robocop related after the first movie and alien post the first sequel.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Timon the great » October 23rd, 2016, 6:46 pm

^ It's my view dude. Even if you didn't like it, it still wouldn't change it. That might sound bad, but it's true.

About this topic, that's still considered live action because it's not going to look anything like the original traditionally animated trilogy films, if it's going to look realistic. But either way, I already know something about it will still be based on real life because like I said, more people out there like live action type stuff. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they incorporate real life backgrounds and/or humans into it for one thing.

I actually like at least Robocop 2 (the 3rd one just wasn't made right), aside from the original. I just think you haven't seen it. But it's not really bad it all. Some parts of it are actually funnier and crazier than the original. Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Postby Elton John » October 23rd, 2016, 6:49 pm

Um... I wasn't saying your opinion was wrong or trying to critisize it...

I mean I wasn't trying to make you accept this or saying that ignoring it is bad.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby BrianGriffinFan » October 23rd, 2016, 10:00 pm

This is very good to hear! :)
BrianGriffinFan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -2

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)