It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » July 9th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Wouldn't it be too early to see any promotional material for the remake? The movie is two years away. I think we will see something by mid next year and get a teaser trailer late 2018 with a full trailer spring of 2019.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Rollo » July 9th, 2017, 2:00 pm

Promotional material could be anything from a full blown poster, to a simple title card currently being used in production. It's not as "big" as you'd think!
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » July 9th, 2017, 3:26 pm

I suppose small things like a title card are possible.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » July 10th, 2017, 11:59 pm

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/07/c ... ign=buffer

John Oliver is voicing zazu. I'm more than okay with this, I love John Oliver.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » July 11th, 2017, 5:08 am

[quote="Elton John"]http://www.insidethemagic.net/2017/07/comedian-john-oliver-voice-zazu-disneys-lion-king-remake/?utm_content=bufferf5927&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

John Oliver is voicing zazu. I'm more than okay with this, I love John Oliver.[/quote]

Darn it! You beat me to it! John Oliver is a pretty good choice. He has the typical British dry, cynical wit and humor that's needed for the character.

Just curious, how long it will take until we find out who's voicing Scar?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » July 11th, 2017, 7:09 am

[quote="Elton John"]Was Sarafina even in the battle for pride rock?[/quote]

[quote="Panpardus"]I didn't see Sarafina at all during the latter half of the movie (I rewatched the movie again recently and tried to find her to no avail) so that's definitely something to look into and expand upon.[/quote]

This is just fan speculation, but had heard it suggested that Sarafina is one of the lionesses that helps Sarabi back up after Scar knocks her down. It was also suggested that the first lioness that Simba passes by after defeating Scar is Sarafina.

I personally think that if Sarafina had died Nala would have mentioned that to Simba when she was trying to convince him to return to The Pride Lands and reclaim The Throne.

Sarafina getting more lines and characterization in the remake would be great. We could perhaps see her speak to Nala before she leaves. Perhaps find out if she was originally from a different pride.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Rollo » July 11th, 2017, 1:06 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I personally think that if Sarafina had died Nala would have mentioned that to Simba when she was trying to convince him to return to The Pride Lands and reclaim The Throne.

Sarafina getting more lines and characterization in the remake would be great. We could perhaps see her speak to Nala before she leaves. Perhaps find out if she was originally from a different pride.[/quote]

Completely agree with you. I think Simba would have a complete change of heart right then and there if he realised that Scar's reign had cost the life of his best friend's mother. I have a good feeling about Favreau putting a spotlight on the lionesses, giving the film the feminist edge it was really lacking in the original. I hope the film takes after the musical in how much focus it gives the females -- they make up 90% of the pride, after all, and we barely know a thing about them aside from Nala!

Never heard of John Oliver admittedly. I just listened to a clip of him and he's not too bad. Guess Favreau is going down the route of making Timon, Pumbaa and Zazu white-voiced. I have to admit, I'm quite hesitant that he casts a white actor as Scar... I really think a role as important and prominent as that should go to an actor of colour.
Last edited by Rollo on July 11th, 2017, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » July 11th, 2017, 2:22 pm

On one hand, it would have been nice if all the actors in this remake were black.

On the other hand i'm not going to get my undies in a twist if the cast isn't all black.

As of right now, i'm not even sure if I will be alive by the time this remake comes out. The world seems to get crazier and crazier by the day.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Rollo » July 11th, 2017, 2:29 pm

I don't think anyone expected the cast to be all black. I know I definitely didn't. It's extremely unrealistic for a big Hollywood movie to not have at least one white person in the cast, and more often than not they'll be at the forefront of it all, even if the majority of the cast consists of actors and actresses of colour.

But it would be a crying shame if this remake didn't take the opportunity to showcase some black talent the way the musical does. There's a reason the musical is so authentic and rich. I think I'd be more than satisfied if all the lions (plus Rafiki) were black-voiced in this movie, and I wouldn't consider that to be too much to ask for, either.
Rollo

Postby Elton John » July 11th, 2017, 4:08 pm

I think casting Donald Glover as adult simba was a step in the right direction.

I would like Viola Davis as Sarabi. I don't think they'll do this but I hope they cast Niketa Calame as adult Nala. She played young nala in the og movie and she might be a good fit today for the adult version. Or maybe Gabrielle Union? She does a good job in the lion guard.

I know Jon wants Beyonce as Nala but i'm not so sure about that.

I want Samuel L Jackson as Rafiki. I wanted him as Timon but that didn't work out.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)