It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby TheLionPrince » December 23rd, 2017, 11:26 pm

Nope. The CGI "Circle of Life" footage was exclusively shown to D23 members.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » January 13th, 2018, 9:16 pm

http://www.justjaredjr.com/2018/01/12/m ... ng-remake/

very brief interview with jd mcrary, with him singing at the end.

His voice is incredible.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 13th, 2018, 10:20 pm

um does anyone think he sounds like a girl singing, cause Im only hoping it will be a different accent when he does Simba
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » January 13th, 2018, 11:39 pm

you’ve never heard jackson 5 era michael jackson before? That’s pretty much what his voice is like.

Besides, the original singing voice for cub simba (jason weaver) played a young michael jackson a few years before the lion king came out.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » January 14th, 2018, 5:12 am

Cub Simba basically canonically sounds like Michael Jackson when he sings. I always found the difference between his singing and speaking voices jarring in the original film, so it's good that they'll be one and the same person this time around.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » January 31st, 2018, 11:57 am

http://ew.com/movies/2018/01/30/the-lio ... can-story/

the new voice of rafiki talks a bit about the remake.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » January 31st, 2018, 6:16 pm

[quote="Entertainment Weekly"]Though they’re still in early days of filming, Kani revealed they've been doing extensive tests to perfect the combination of live action and digital animation required to bring the beloved pride lands characters to life. “We’ve done a couple of test runs with hand-drawn animation where we work on the character of the animal you are going to voice," he said.[/quote]

I know it's for tests, but does this mean they are using live-action for the backgrounds in the final film? During production of The Jungle Book (2016), they used live-action backgrounds as reference for the digital mattes. I assumed they would do the same for The Lion King.

Other than that, John Kani is an excellent choice for Rafiki. I can't wait to see more of him in Black Panther.
TheLionPrince

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » February 8th, 2018, 9:19 pm

aaron blaise announced he is doing illustrations for a book to go alongside this movie
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » February 10th, 2018, 6:34 pm

Some brief developments on the soundtrack: http://wjla.com/news/entertainment/elto ... king-theme

Short article, but tl;dr version is that "Can You Feel the Love Tonight", "Circle of Life", "Just Can't Wait to be King", and "Hakuna Matata" will be in the movie in some form or fashion, and Beyoncé, Elton John, and Tim Rice (chiefly Beyoncé though) are working on a new big song that is going to play over the end credits as this version's main theme. Also, Questlove is reportedly joining Hans Zimmer to collaborate on the score. Quite a few cooks in this kitchen.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » February 11th, 2018, 8:25 pm

^That is going to be really amazing.

This is not really an update of the remake, but Nathan Lane went on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and claimed to have corresponded with Billy Eichner after he was cast as Timon in the remake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCOy7jrVD5g
TheLionPrince

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)