It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby SilverSimba01 » November 6th, 2016, 3:49 am

Honestly, I'm not hype for this remake even thought is TLK, as soon as I heard about this, I just thought "oh dear, there goes another great movie that is perfectly fine the way it is, to now been turn into a live action remake" (no saying it because I'm nostalgic, but I just simply find it unnecessary so do so) but then again, is their movie, they can do whatever they want.
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Squeely » November 18th, 2016, 4:04 am

I'm pretty optimistic about this. A re-imagined score would be great to listen to, new voice actors would give it a fresh feel while keeping on par with the originals (this is Disney we're talking about here, they're not going to cheap out on VAs), and I think it'll be pretty neat to see the cast reimagined in a realistic way. The Jungle Book remake was a pretty big improvement over the original, which is a good sign. The only thing TJB dropped the ball on was the songs - Bare Necessities was done well, but other two didn't flow naturally. Hopefully they've taken this into consideration and things will fall into place just fine for the TLK remake. TLK's songs seem easier to integrate. I'd love it if they included some Broadway songs, too. "They Live in You", "Shadowland", and "Endless Night" would be great!
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panpardus » November 22nd, 2016, 10:52 pm

So insofar as tone is going, I'd actually be kinda down for this sort of thing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD3FOFZKKiY) with an African soundtrack that includes elements of the original score.

Side note, should this movie get its own section on "The Kingdom" now that it's actually going to be a thing?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » November 23rd, 2016, 2:40 pm

Yes, a few months before release. Or, when the first teaser hits I think.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » November 28th, 2016, 9:16 am

I did not take the time to read this whole thread, but in a nutshell I am a bit apprehensive. On one hand I feel that The Lion King is perfect and dose not need a remake. Then on the other hand, Disney could go PG with this remake and we could get an even more in depth look at our favorite movie. The only thing I know for sure is that I will go see this movie when it comes out.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » November 28th, 2016, 9:46 am

PG is a given. G Rated movies are a thing of the past.

I want it to be pg13. Something that is light and fun when need be but also dark and emotional if need be.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby matkiethelioness » December 5th, 2016, 3:42 am

I don't know. I haven't seen the last Jungle Book because it looked so... unappleaing, at least for me. The original Jungle Book was fine the way it was. I don't mind remakes or sequels, but what is the point of making it a live action movie if most of it is going to depend on CGI? To make the movie look more "adult"? I think by now they must know that that formula doesn't work.
It is going to be so, so painful watching a CGI, realistic Simba. What are they going to do with the plot? Are they just going to remake the original movie? Or do something new? What else can happen? Simba was pretty old in the last movie, i don't think he can do much after that. Maybe they explore how was his life growing up around Timon and Pumbaa? I think we had enough of that. Or develop more of the history of the Pride Lands. That would be interesting. You know, some canon explanations, so we can stop basing our theories in some fan-arty book from 20 years ago.
If the trailers look bad enough, though, I think I am just going to skip it in theaters and watch it at home.
matkiethelioness

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

in-train Pridelands historian

Nickname(s): Matkie, Cande
Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » December 5th, 2016, 5:14 pm

http://collider.com/lion-king-jungle-book-2-jon-favreau-interview/#images

A lot of new details, the most important being how they're trying to lock down the story and get it right well before the fancy effects. Kind of reassuring.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby KentuckyWildcat » December 9th, 2016, 5:25 am

I guess I'm taking a wait and see approach to this project. I honestly don't think that remaking TLK with photorealistic CGI is going to add anything to the experience in itself. If anything, it'll probably lose some of the original charm in my eyes.

With that being said, I do still have some interest in what alterations Favreau might make to the story. In my personal opinion, the new Jungle Book being several shades darker and more serious than the 1967 version actually worked against it. It wasn't bad by any stretch, but I think that particular story just works better when it's predominantly a lighthearted romp. However, that particular direction might be well suited to TLK. A darker version could be something worthwhile even if it doesn't surpass the original.
Come death. Come suffering. I will not live in fear. In this fleeting life where time escapes us, the path of least resistance is a slow quiet death. I'd rather burn out than fade away.
KentuckyWildcat
Mother don't you cry

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hell don't need me

Pride Points: 7

Postby Elton John » December 9th, 2016, 10:32 am

Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)