It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » April 23rd, 2017, 4:06 pm

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/jon-favreau-scarlett-johansson-rules-making-movie-the-jungle-book-the-lion-king-1201808187/

New interview with Jon Favreau, delves into his thought process as a film maker. At the very least he seems to understand the importance of doing this remake right.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Solar » April 24th, 2017, 10:50 pm

I hope this is done faithfully. I don't really understand how this can be done in live action, and I don't think it will have the same spirit that The Jungle Book did, but we'll see. If they cut the songs like they're apparently doing with Mulan, the whole thing is going to flop, so I hope they don't make that mistake.
Solar
He Lives In You

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He Lives In Me

Nickname(s): Solar, Molly
Pride Points: 4

Postby Elton John » April 24th, 2017, 11:53 pm

1: No decision has been made on Mulan as to them cutting songs. It was originally rumored to have no songs, but either they changed that due to fan pressure or it was a completely baseless rumor.

2: The movie isn't technically live action. It's going to have photorealistic cgi a la the jungle book remake for characters and background, but there will be nothing organic on screen like Mowgli.

Also, they're using new tech that's far more advanced than what the jungle book remake used. I think their reasoning is that they wanted to be able to be able to do things with storytelling that previous cgi tech couldn't handle.

3: I'm pretty sure Jon Favreau said the songs are still in.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby LittleRolox3 » April 25th, 2017, 7:16 pm

July 19th 2019. get your calendars dated!!

https://www.facebook.com/jonfavreau/pho ... =3&theater
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2017, 7:29 pm

I nearly screamed in giddy glee :D
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby LittleRolox3 » April 25th, 2017, 9:01 pm

today is a good day! timon and pumbaa have been sorted!!

http://www.thewrap.com/seth-rogen-billy ... usive/amp/
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2017, 9:04 pm

I like Seth Rogen but....having him replace Ernie Sabella? The dude who has voiced Pumbaa in just about everything?

No idea who the other dude is.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby LittleRolox3 » April 25th, 2017, 9:06 pm

i actually forgot about ernie :o that is super gutting. he will always be the pumbaa i remember.
i think Billy was in american horror story, havent watched that in a long time either. it will be interesting to see how he plays pumbaa
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Postby TheLionPrince » April 25th, 2017, 10:27 pm

Just heard the news. We haven't had a huge roll-out of release dates for Disney's upcoming films since October 2015. As I privately predicted, I knew this was headed for a 2019 release. It's perfect timing to celebrate the original film's 25th anniversary.

As far as I'm concerned about Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner voicing Pumbaa and Timon respectively, they are currently in negotiations (or talks), but nothing is solidified just yet. They may have the roles, but just not yet. Along with LittleRolox, I do feel a little bad that Ernie Sabella is not voicing Pumbaa since he has voiced him in every Lion King film and media spin-off.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » April 26th, 2017, 3:10 pm

People, not really here but on facebook etc, are throwing hissy fits by the fact that they're replacing a lot of voice actors for the remake.

Besides my line of thought 'what's the point in a remake if the only thing changed is the visuals' is that the lion king happened almost 25 years ago. None of the actors were contractually obliged to voice their characters forever. Some of the actors are dead. Some are really old and retired. Some, like nikita calame and jtt are too old to voice their characters anymore.

And there are the rumors that broderick, nathan lane and jeremy irons refuse to work for disney anymore.

I want a mostly fresh take on the lion king. A scene for scene detail by detail remake would be so boring, and one of the worst atrocities a film can commit is being boring.

Lets compare 'batman forever' and 'batman and robin' Batman Forever is the technically better movie, batman and robin is the worse movie. However batman forever is really boring and while it's an awful movie there's something about batman and robin that makes it more memorable.

If this remake is bad, we still have the original. If it somehow ends up being good or great then hey, we now have it and the original to enjoy.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)