It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Elton John » July 15th, 2017, 7:56 pm

But it is official that there is a teaser :D

It's of the circle of life!

I swear to God, Jesus, Mary Moses and other biblical figures that if disney doesn't release this online I will rage.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » July 15th, 2017, 8:06 pm

Yep, I totally envy the people who have just watched the "Circle of Life" teaser and those who are going to be in attendance when the original Lion King filmmakers discuss their film tomorrow.

Oh well, there's this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0DBHAv2PJ8
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » July 16th, 2017, 5:50 am

Apparently Hugh Jackman is officially not voicing Scar; according to his representative, there is "'absolutely no truth'" to that claim. http://screenrant.com/lion-king-remake- ... scar-cast/

I'm relieved.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » July 18th, 2017, 10:51 am

about that circle of life trailer.. there were so many fans at D23. and no one filmed/youtubes it? youtube is full of fake fantrailers ( the one more horrible than the other, using aslan running sequences and more horror, these people need a job or life) so to be honest, i have issues believing there is a trailer yet.
on the other hand, the release date is announced by disney officials. shouldn't this movie get a section in the "kingdom" unit of these forums?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » July 18th, 2017, 11:36 am

From what i've read, 7,000 people were there at the presentation. No video recording was allowed. These were all diehard disney fans, they would sooner spit on their grandma than disrespect good old uncle walt and disney would find out quickly if someone recorded it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Rollo » July 18th, 2017, 12:24 pm

Just gotta be patient guys! It's creating a hype and that's exactly what Disney wants. We'll probably see it by the end of the year.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Elton John » July 18th, 2017, 1:19 pm

I hope you are right!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 18th, 2017, 6:11 pm

oh I see now, Im like im getting all my Facebook updates on D23 but what? Circle of Life where? what am I missing?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Rollo » July 18th, 2017, 6:33 pm

Quite funny how it reflects the original movie, which used the full Circle of Life scene as a teaser trailer. Not sure if it's intentional or not but it's a sweet throwback either way!

I'm hearing different things from different sources in terms of the clip's length and content. People have been calling it a small snippet of the scene, but have mentioned that it shows the animals making their way to Pride Rock and focuses on the interaction between Rafiki and infant Simba. One YouTube video said that it showed him marking Simba's head before lifting him into the air, and then it ended with the classic boom!, fading to black and the title card showing. Sends chills up my spine just thinking about it. I haven't heard anyone mention Mufasa or Sarabi yet so it must only be Rafiki and Simba that's shown. I've also heard that it contains the 1994 movie's version of the song which is likely a temporary track since the new version hasn't been professionally recorded yet. They would've really had to scrape this together for D23!

Many people are complaining that this clip implies that the movie will be a shot-for-shot remake. I'd say that's highly unlikely since The Jungle Book wasn't like that, so why would this film be any different? But it makes sense that Circle of Life is so similar to the original version. I honestly can't think of a way to improve on that scene. It's probably the most perfect moment in the entire movie.

Hopefully by the time it's released for the rest of us, it's been refined, and maybe it'll be the full scene with the new version of CoL playing.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby Squeely » July 28th, 2017, 2:08 pm

^BatB was darn-near shot-for-shot. It added some small differences but they did very little to change the story, if anything at all. I liked the BatB remake but still. Can definitely see where people would have concern that TLK will be same.

On the other hand, though, this is the same director who made brilliant changes to The Jungle Book, so who knows. I do doubt TLK will be changed as heavily, as the original Disney Jungle Book had plenty of room for improvement, while TLK remains near-perfect. It'll be interesting to see how the film turns out. But I agree, CoL not being that different isn't really cause for alarm that the whole movie will be that way. Because really, I can't think of a way to do the scene differently. The only thing I can think of is the deleted opening that was all dialogue, but you know everyone and their grandma would be disappointed if they didn't use the song. I don't think anyone would want to go see TLK with no CoL, so yeah.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)