has anyone heard about any new releases

Re: has anyone heard about any new releases

Postby Simba4Life » November 15th, 2009, 1:54 am

Thank you thats what i was saying not more than an hour ago.They have so many fans why leave a multimillion dollar business just to make the cgi gunk they are coming out with now. i guess when you have money coming out of every orfice you can be stupid sometimes
Danger, Ha, I laugh in the face of danger, Ha Ha, Ha, Ha.
Simba4Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Terry
Pride Points: 0

Postby SarabisMate » November 15th, 2009, 2:04 am

I haven't heard a friggin thing at all. I just hope that god loves me enough to have the first movie on DVD...then I'd be a happy lion :lol:
ImageShika
Spoiler: show
All siggies made by me
and Amanda
SarabisMate

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

^ Made By KiarasMate ^

Pride Points: 3

Postby CommandoTheLion » November 15th, 2009, 2:47 am

but if they do they better not make mistakes O.o
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Postby HasiraKali » November 15th, 2009, 7:22 am

As much as I love Disney, and would love them to put more emphasis on TLK, it's still a business. They have to do what's going to work in their favor, and even with all of the TLK fans out there, that's not going to be the case here. They find something that works and use it as long as they can. For instance, the Hannah Montana, fairies, pirates and princesses lines. That's what they're making money on at the moment, so that's what their focus will be. If something comes along in the future, or if TLK somehow becomes big with the general public again, they'll move on to that. That's just how a business such as this works. It's kind of like the Twilight and vampires thing right now. Notice how EVERY studio is releasing vampire films right now? Even TV. And yes, Disney has one in the works too. It's what the masses want at the moment, so they give them what they want. (I've loved vampires forever, so this is awesome for me :lol:)

The new head of Disney animation is a big TLK fan, he's said so many times, but that still doesn't mean he's going to use it at this time. Walt Disney even said he liked his studio to "keep moving forward". And Lasseter really doesn't like sequels. He was even hesitant to do Toy Story 2, but the story was good enough that he let it go forward.

I for one would honestly be happy if they never made another film, but instead just re-release the film for new generations to experience. I was not a fan of SP and I was saddened by how much I actually disliked it. I don't want to go through that again. The first one is enough for me.

Oh and as awesome as a lot of the fanfic in this fandom is, Disney actually can't use any outside submissions like that. It's a legal thing.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Simba93 » December 18th, 2009, 10:36 pm

I have only read, that the three TLK films produced in a Diamond Edition and Blu-ray in October 2011
Simba93

We are strong, we are proud, we are one.

Postby SilverSimba01 » February 7th, 2010, 1:28 am

I just heard that they still planing the date to release TLK on Blu-Ray, they just show images of the movie on CES(International Consumer Electronics Show) on 2008
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby Simba » February 7th, 2010, 1:47 am

there's going to be a TLK Diamond Edition release....I'm thinking next year. it's going to be a Blu Ray and DVD combo pack.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Postby thelionpride556 » February 7th, 2010, 4:30 am

Diamond Edition?!??!?!??!?!?!??!?!
:D :D :D
thelionpride556

-----/\-----\o/----

Postby Dutch » February 7th, 2010, 4:43 am

There will be a diamond release coming late next year if the trend of disney platinum/diamond releases goes the way it should. This year(Fantasia, Beauty and the beast). Next year(Aladdin, Lion King).
Dutch

I'm Rockandi

Pride Points: 1

Postby Simba » February 7th, 2010, 9:41 pm

exactly as Dutch said. it's on their release schedule ;)

you see, when you go to Disney.com and find the movies section you can view what info they have on their DVDs. for awhile there they had an e-mail thing asking if people would like to see TLK come out on Blu Ray. people put in their e-mails to be notified when it releases, and Disney took the statistics to base whether it would or not. you can go to the upcoming Blu Ray/DVD releases and there's a schedule there. it has everything they're releasing for quite sometime and when. many things aren't advertised as being re-released simply because they aren't popular. although, I have noticed when they released the Snow White Diamond Edition they hardly emphasized it like they did with the Platnium Edition release.

so when it does come out on Diamond Edition, it likely won't have the hype and merchandise like it did on the Platnium Edition release in 2003.
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Previous

Return to Beyond The Lion King