has anyone heard about any new releases

has anyone heard about any new releases

Postby Simba4Life » November 15th, 2009, 12:14 am

How great would it be if there was going to be another lion king sequel or maby even a prequel.
I'm drooling just thinking about it. so maby if we think and pray hard enough we might be blessed with more lion king memories.
Danger, Ha, I laugh in the face of danger, Ha Ha, Ha, Ha.
Simba4Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Terry
Pride Points: 0

Re: has anyone heard about any new releases

Postby KiarasMate » November 15th, 2009, 12:30 am

*hasn't been praying hard enough for the past 10+ years it seems*

Yes, a new TLk would be a much welcomed addition in my opinion. I'd prefer a sequel to what happens after TLK2SP honestly, but if it HAD to be another prequel, I'd lean more towards the story of Kopa and what happened to him. Either that or Mufasa and Taka's early years. Something along those lines. ^^ Sadly, there's no news really on any new TLK movies, aside from Disney buying up the domain name "The Tiger King" a few months back, but who knows what that was about. lol. :) For now, all my hopes are focused upon the release of TLK on Blu-Ray and the faint hope that there might, JUST MIGHT be some little teaser trailer on the Blu-Ray release that will give us all TLK addicts a bit more to look forward to in the future, if you all know what I mean. :)
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): KM

Postby CheetahCat » November 15th, 2009, 12:31 am

Unfortunately, I haven't heard of anything new for TLK to come out in theaters or direct to DVD format lol. However, it definitely would be pretty awesome if Disney would to release a new film. I mean, they can base it off in new factors. ^^ In the long run, I'm hoping we'll get another film for TLK and it better be in its traditional hand drawn animation. I can't see Lion King in CGI/Computer type animation. >.> It just doesn't seem right.

Another good thing that could happen is TLK coming out on Blu-Ray. I'm really hoping that they will do this in the near future. It could be another close thing to a new film and more people will be able to witness the film in all of its glory lol. ^^ Hopefully they will be unseen extra content.
:)
CheetahCat
Tea Guzzler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Meow.

Nickname(s): TeenSimba, Si, TS
Pride Points: 9

Postby CommandoTheLion » November 15th, 2009, 12:32 am

nope i havent herd of anything yet xD but just keep praying xD
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Postby Simba4Life » November 15th, 2009, 1:12 am

i mean why wouldnt disney keep the cash cow flowing with the following they have they could keep the lion king series going for many a year. it might not be a new star wars but with the money disney made with the series why not keep exploring new posabilites. and keep the new generation intreaged with anamation insted of cgi all the time
Simba4Life

Postby HasiraKali » November 15th, 2009, 1:16 am

Well since the head of Disney Animation despises sequels unless the story is good, I doubt we'll see another TLK film any time soon. What we can look forward to are the Blu-Ray release and the re-release of the original to regular cinemas in 3-D like they're doing with Beauty and the Beast in February. :)
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Simba4Life » November 15th, 2009, 1:21 am

A 3 D version of the lion king. How cool would that be, the wilderbeast stampeed would look so awsome. if it's true I can't wait
Simba4Life

Postby HasiraKali » November 15th, 2009, 1:29 am

Well the release date hasn't been officially announced yet, but they did announce at the D23 expo in August that they were re-releasing some of their biggest films in 3D and TLK was mentioned as well as Aladdin.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Dare » November 15th, 2009, 1:34 am

It's hard to say whether Disney ever had any real intentions of continuing the TLK franchise...for one, any rumors I've heard appear to be tainted with fanon - "scripts" for a 4th TLK movie written by fans that are often confused with Disney canon.
For another, even if Disney DID have a TLK4 (or whatever) in the works, there's a good chance it was scrapped a long time ago when the Disney animated sequel machine was dismantled.

As far as I can tell, there is no current new TLK movie in production - not as a feature film, and not as a DtV, at least not before 2013. In all honesty though, I'm not a fan of the two sequels they gave us before and if they were going to make another TLK movie, I'd want them to sit down and think everything out (*cough*Kopa*cough*) before handing us something that may or may not make sense.
In shore, I want all of the TLK ducks in a row - I like fan conjecture and creativity as much as the next guy, but years of having fanon thrown in my face as being actual Disney "fact" is offensive to my thirst for actual canon truth/intent.
:headache:
Dare
fly-on-the-wall

i lurk, therefore i am

Postby KingKivuli » November 15th, 2009, 1:44 am

well it seems like we may get nothing, i figuired out why you cant buy the DVD from shops no more or even any tlk merchandise. lionprincess told me she emailed Disney in order to see if they would make her fanfic into a book. i was going to do it but she got an email back basically saying ' no we wont we dont do that franchise no more. in my opinion they are being idiots. there are hundreds of fans on site like mlk. thousands on the net (look at tlk yt ratings) and more that are not even there in rl. disney is blind in this matter i think. if they continued the franchise they would make current lovers happy, raise awareness that will attract more, and for them it would make millions.
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King