31%
No
38%
Nah, i don't care
31%

Total votes : 13

Votes For Kopa !

Postby CrispyLight » August 5th, 2016, 12:32 pm

If you where one of the creators of disney, and you could choose if Kopa would be a official character, or a unofficial character, what would you do ?

Because this questions me, ALOT of people hate Kopa, and others say they love him.
I would like to see how much of you agree that Kopa should be in the film, and how many people don't want him.

Thanks for the people who voted. :)
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...And love the lion king

Nickname(s): Call me anything !
Pride Points: 2

Re: Votes For Kopa !

Postby TheLionPrince » August 5th, 2016, 7:39 pm

Don't you mean the creators of The Lion King? I don't hate Kopa, but unless he becomes Simba and Nala's third cub, he is an unofficial character. The filmmakers of the first two films have never acknowledged Kopa, and now with The Lion Guard, Simba and Nala have two kids.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Carl » August 5th, 2016, 8:05 pm

Moved to Beyond the Lion King as this is not about or pertaining to the first film.

And honestly, I used to be neutral on Kopa, but I've gotten very tired of people insisting he's canon (when he isn't) just because they like him and further insisting he can be canon to them, despite that canon is official and therefore the same for everyone. So if I worked at a position in Disney that gave me the power to do anything about him, I'd make a public statement that he is not canon. He wasn't even created by Disney, so why would he be?
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Chavratheserval » August 6th, 2016, 2:36 am

^This guy! Right here deserves cupcakes. I agree with everything you just said. And by adding Kopa, things will be VERY complicated. :P
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Postby Squeely » August 6th, 2016, 8:20 am

Voted no.

SP works well because of Kiara. With another male cub, SP could easily become overcrowded, with the odds a bit too in favor of the Pridelanders. The final showdown is so intense because the Pridelanders and Outsiders are roughly evenly-matched. Kiara strikes a very unique balance of being Simba's opposite in some ways, while also being like him in other ways, which keeps SP from feeling like too much of a retread of TLK. Kopa would probably throw that interesting dynamic off a bit.

As far as TLG goes, Kiara is in line to become queen, and Kion is leader of the Guard. I don't really know what role another sibling could fill here.

I don't really dislike Kopa or anything, I just don't see what could be done with him that isn't done better by Kiara and/or Kion. Both of whom are far more canon, and quite frankly, better-developed characters than Kopa is.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 6th, 2016, 3:47 pm

Voted don't care. Honestly I don't like any of Simba's canon cubs but Kopa's character wasn't particularly developed either, if they could make him more interesting I'd probably like him more than Kiara/Kion, but as it stands I'm a bit meh about yet another damn cub for Simba.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby CrispyLight » August 7th, 2016, 11:26 am

oh ok
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

...And love the lion king

Nickname(s): Call me anything !
Pride Points: 2

Postby moonsugar33 » August 7th, 2016, 12:36 pm

I'd go in between and neither confirm nor deny anything. I wouldn't want to upset the balance by declaring a new character "canon" but I also wouldn't want to outright deny a large portion of fans their favourite character.
moonsugar33

Pride Points: 9

Postby DGFone » August 8th, 2016, 2:09 am

I went ahead and voted pro-Kopa. While I do like the character, the position ultimately came to this: having an additional canon character won't really hurt. The canonical storyline of TLK is already at the point where trying to make much sense into it is rather pointless - The Lion Guard opened up a whole new can of worms if you insist that TLK 2 is also 100% canonical.

So why not have more characters to work with?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Simba_Lion » August 8th, 2016, 9:52 pm

I know not everyone would agree with me, but for me the cub in the end of the first movie is Kopa.

"So yes. He is my son."

:kopa: :kopa2: :kopa3:
Simba_Lion

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King