Kopa And Meetu, Are They Real ?

Kopa And Meetu, Are They Real ?

Postby CrispyLight » August 4th, 2016, 2:57 pm

No I am not against any of this ! These are only theories of other people and me ! Now...to the question...

Kopa And Meetu, are they real?

1. Official Meetu

I am sure Mheetu IS official, where i am, i read a dutch comic called the 'Donal Duck Made by Disney' It has Donald Duck adventures, but also a lot of different comics, such as 'Simba' and believe it or not, today i found one comic of 'Simba' and in the background of one page, i saw MHEETU and Sarafina with NALA ! It came up 3 times too, and has Mheetu's pelt colors, meaning this ISN'T a different cub ! So, if this doesn't convince people who don't think Mheetu is a official character made by Dinsney, i give up.

2. Unofficial Kopa

Many say that Kopa came in on the end of TLK 1 only in the beginning of SP (Simba's Pride) Rafiki holds up KIARA. We are dealing with 2 different cubs here. Not only their coat colors are different, but kiara DOESN'T have a ear rim, (a black line in the ear) And that cub, who disney says is 'Fluffy' or other people says 'Kopa' CAN'T be Kiara. Now, i am not sure if disney REALLY said that the cub held up in TLK 1 was fluffy, but i heard rumors. And i really don't think its Kopa. But, to be honest, i do really like the idea of simba having a son. And i actually draw Kopa and Kiara alot too ! But still, i am sure this is Unofficial.

Link to the full Image : http://www.mylionking.com/fan/art/Artis ... work=23198

So, I told you all my opinions, I am not against other peoples theories (except the Mheetu one) Now, what i'm saying here is that i think Mheetu IS official and Kopa isn't official in my theories.

Thanks all for reading !! I would love to hear your theories !
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...And love the lion king

Nickname(s): Call me anything !
Pride Points: 2

Re: Kopa And Meetu, Are They Real ?

Postby moonsugar33 » August 4th, 2016, 3:22 pm

I feel the difference is Mheetu was designed by concept artists for the original movie, whereas Kopa only came in after the movie was released- (extended universe? Semicanon?)
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Squeely » August 4th, 2016, 5:41 pm

It's kinda hard to say. I think I'd put the two in the lower tiers of semicanon. They're both fairly obscure to those outside the more devout fandom. Even Kion is more canon than they are, imo. And The Lion Guard's place in canon is at times a tad questionable in and of itself.

Speaking of, Simba does have a son, Kion. So if we're going to grasp at the straws that are the differing cub appearances, the cub at the end of TLK could very well have been Kion. Part of me wonders if that isn't why Kion has the design he does. Part of me wonders if TLG's creators knew that people took issue with the different cub designs, so they gave Kion a design that fit Fluffy's. :smilekion:
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby CrispyLight » August 4th, 2016, 6:52 pm

WOW ! Yes, that does make sense !!! :D That they gave Kion a design to fit fluffy's !! I totally missed that out xD thanks !
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

Postby TheLionPrince » August 4th, 2016, 11:49 pm

Yes, the characters are real as in they were created, but none of them can be classified as canon or official within the film universe.

[quote="CrispyLight"]1. Official Meetu

I am sure Mheetu IS official, where i am, i read a dutch comic called the 'Donal Duck Made by Disney' It has Donald Duck adventures, but also a lot of different comics, such as 'Simba' and believe it or not, today i found one comic of 'Simba' and in the background of one page, i saw MHEETU and Sarafina with NALA ! It came up 3 times too, and has Mheetu's pelt colors, meaning this ISN'T a different cub ! So, if this doesn't convince people who don't think Mheetu is a official character made by Dinsney, i give up.[/quote]

Mheetu is not an official character, but I respect your opinion. Because he was deleted from the final film, he can never be. The comic you're referring to Simba and the Snake, but the cub was never mentioned or referred to as Mheetu. And those comics contradict the films with having cub Simba interact with Rafiki when the two didn't meet until years after Mufasa died among other things. Mheetu does not have any confirmed pelt colors since he never progressed beyond the storyboard phase during the production of the first film. One concept sketch gives him reddish fur while another one details him with golden fur. Fan artists may give him the same colors as Nala's, but they are not canon.

[quote="CrispyLight"]Now, i am not sure if disney REALLY said that the cub held up in TLK 1 was fluffy, but i heard rumors.[/quote]

Yes, the filmmakers did confirm the cub was "Fluffy". Listen to the end of the audio commentary featured on the Blu-Ray or DVD editions of the film when the scene comes up.

[quote="Squeely"]Speaking of, Simba does have a son, Kion. So if we're going to grasp at the straws that are the differing cub appearances, the cub at the end of TLK could very well have been Kion. Part of me wonders if that isn't why Kion has the design he does. Part of me wonders if TLG's creators knew that people took issue with the different cub designs, so they gave Kion a design that fit Fluffy's. :smilekion:[/quote]

But isn't Kiara still the oldest of the two?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby CrispyLight » August 5th, 2016, 7:48 am

Yes, i know Mheetu was deleted and Disney said it was unofficial. I agree with that. BUT i think mheetu was DELETED after that comic came out. And maby that cub could still be Mheetu ? And if not, then who is Sarafina holding then ? If Mheetu was once designed by Disney, and then deleted, why can't Mheetu be re-used for the comics ? He only got deleted for the film. :)

And thanks for sharing your opinion. :)
CrispyLight
Keep calm....

Postby Carl » August 5th, 2016, 8:08 am

Moved to Beyond The Lion King as this discussion isn't specific to the film.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Squeely » August 5th, 2016, 8:15 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]But isn't Kiara still the oldest of the two?[/quote]
I like to think she is, but there's no confirmation of it. Kiara and Kion could be littermates. There's also no confirmation that the end of TLK takes place before Kiara's presentation in SP. I know SP Simba looks older, but that can be chalked up to SP's creators wanting to make him look older for the film, or even just stylistic differences.

Another possibility is that Kiara's presentation was done slightly later. She seems a teensy bit older than Fluffy during her presentation. But we have no sure-fire canon explanation as of right now.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Carl » August 5th, 2016, 8:23 am

^ Actually, as far as canon in TLG goes, Kiara is confirmed to be the eldest, as the eldest gets the throne and second eldest leads the Guard.

Anyway, more on topic, Mheetu and Kopa are both semi-canon—neither of them exist in the movie/TV-verse. It's that simple.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Chavratheserval » August 5th, 2016, 10:39 am

^ Like Carl, said. Sums up the answer perfectly. There is no other way around it. Now you can believe that Kopa or Mheetu is in the Lion king. But that is , fan theories. As they'll never be true till proven by Disney. I have no problem with that. But all you need to know there not Canon characters.
Hey there! :glad:
Nicest person you'll ever meet. :P

Love the Lion king! ;)

Check out my Deviantart page!http://sonicboom4560.deviantart.com/
Chavratheserval
NO WAY NO HOW I WON'T SAY I'M

my special BROWNIE in life

Nickname(s): Rere
Pride Points: 10

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King