My Lullaby v.s. Be Prepared

My Lullaby v.s. Be Prepared

Postby PridelandsPhantom » July 15th, 2016, 3:36 am

So, most of us know that the villains in Disney movies get the best songs. Scar gets his Be Prepared song for the murder of his brother Mufasa and attempted murder on his nephew, Simba :evilplan: Zira is grooming Kovu to carry out her plans for him to be king and regain her place in the Pridelands and what she believes is really Scar's lands. :wickedmother:

I'm going to go out on a limb and actually say I like Zira better as a villain than Scar because to me she's more evil and willing to sacrifice more. Scar is willing to let the others i.e. the hyenas do his dirty work for him but becomes quite a coward when his life is threatened. Zira doesn't seem to have this fear at all and even tells her own daughter she will die! I also just find the whole idea of blood, death, and destruction, more than likely genocide of the whole Pridelands Pride the more disturbing and better song. Thoughs? :sweet:
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Re: My Lullaby v.s. Be Prepared

Postby Carl » July 15th, 2016, 9:08 pm

Moved to Beyond The Lion King as this topic isn't Simba's Pride specific.

I love both villains and their songs, and agree that Zira is a better villain, but it's not because she's more evil, in fact it's the reverse. Scar is straight up evil. He wants to kill his brother to gain power. Zira wants to kill Simba and take over the Pride Lands to avenge Scar, someone she loved dearly in one way or another. Zira is more relatable, more human, and so is My Lullaby. Threatening Vitani shows how consumed by her passionate rage she is, and not being cowardly is because, in her mind, losing her life to avenge Scar is worth it. She's not afraid because she views the situation in such a way that she has nothing to lose. This difference in motive is evident in each villain's song, as well. I personally find parts of My Lullaby to be rather relatable for this reason, and naturally tend to prefer it a bit to Be Prepared.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby moonsugar33 » July 17th, 2016, 12:06 pm

Both of these are excellent viewpoints. I'm really torn; I love both songs, and I love both characters. And both get stuck in my head, a LOT.

I think I might have to go with My Lullaby, though. Zira's singing is incredible, there's so much emotion that comes through from it. And it's a lot of fun to sing with friends.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Be Prepared vs. My Lullaby

Postby jcn2017 » July 19th, 2016, 11:42 pm

Since there's a thread regarding CYFTLT vs. LWFAW, I thought I'd do the same for Be Prepared vs. My Lullaby

Which do you like better?

For me, it's Be Prepared by a mile. It's way more villainous, and the choral harmonies heard throughout the song make it even more chilling.
jcn2017

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Be Prepared vs. My Lullaby

Postby TheLionPrince » July 20th, 2016, 5:54 am

I'm afraid another user already created a similar thread a few days ago.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: Be Prepared vs. My Lullaby

Postby Carl » July 20th, 2016, 6:47 am

[quote="jcn2017"]Since there's a thread regarding CYFTLT vs. LWFAW, I thought I'd do the same for Be Prepared vs. My Lullaby

Which do you like better?

For me, it's Be Prepared by a mile. It's way more villainous, and the choral harmonies heard throughout the song make it even more chilling.[/quote]
I have merged your thread with the preexisting one.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby PrincessKiara » July 25th, 2016, 10:38 pm

Ugh, it`s so hard to choose!
Both Zira and Scar are great, memorable characters and villains, and both songs are very good, providing exposition and informing us clearly of their evil plans.
As for which song I like better, I have to go with Be Prepared. It`s more... catchy, if you know what I mean. It`s easier to sing along to, or sing together with friends, and it has a better rhythm, plus it has the back-up choir of hyenas.
Still, both songs are iconic and creepy, they`re both really good, but Be Prepared wins for me.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Squeely » July 26th, 2016, 5:13 am

It's hard for me to definitively say which song I think is better. Be Prepared has more of a plotting, creeping evil vibe, while My Lullaby is more outright brutal. Both are great villain songs in their own ways. For me, it's roughly a tie between the two. My Lullaby has scarier, more relatable lyrics while Be Prepared has better orchestration and composition. Each has its strengths.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Hatari05 » July 26th, 2016, 11:35 pm

Both are great villain songs that contrast the villains, Be prepared is dripping with charisma it's orchestrated and sung with a sense of charm which makes it more catchy. The song personifies Scar's ego and narcissism as well as smug intelligence. The lyrics are great the instruments and beat are awesome too. My lullaby is driven with more passion and drive, the hatred, spite and bloodthirsty satisfaction in her tone flows through all the song. The instruments and beat are less charming and catchy instead matching the intensity of her emotions.

I think I would go with be prepared due to the instruments and orchestra being more memorable I also feel be prepared works a little better as a song in rhythm and flow. I like both they're great villain songs but I give it to be prepared.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby Panpardus » November 17th, 2016, 5:54 am

I'm late to the party and more or less echoing the majority of the opinions expressed here; I like "Be Prepared" from a musical standpoint, "My Lullaby" wins on lyrics and I guess character motive, only because I find Zira to be a more tangible villain than Scar. If I had to listen to either on repeat for a full day, I'd go with "Be Prepared".
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Return to Beyond The Lion King